ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 231 of 435
« First < 131181221227228229230231 232233234235241281331 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:57 AM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He's going to have to take a DRAMATIC pay cut then. Do you see that happening?
Yeah, seems like he's a goner after 2021 season. His cap hits in 2022 and 2023 are $26-28M. That is a very steep price.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:58 AM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
I mean that's part of the reason people hoped Hardman would step up to the #2 role this season. Because Sammy for all his post season contributions is unreliable for the most part.

But at least he isn't on a $100mil contract ya know. He's on a 2 year 16 mil contract with a lot of it being incentives.
Sammy’s cap hit last year was $19.2 million. Clark’s cap hit this year is $19.3 million.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:00 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Yeah, seems like he's a goner after 2021 season. His cap hits in 2022 and 2023 are $26-28M. That is a very steep price.
We're going to lose some key contributors in the next couple of years so hopefully we'll have some vets wanting to play here.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:01 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Honestly I dunno, but if they do walk you're talking about basically replacing the entire DE position in 2 years while also moving on from Hitchens in that span, that won't be a super easy thing to do without A+ drafting.
They won’t do that. Patrick will be cheap for 2021 which is his last.

I think the smart play here is to keep Clark and Sammy, try to lower their cap hits in 2021 and draft a pass rusher and WR with our first 2 picks.

This is another great WR class. Should be lots to pick from.
[Reply]
ChiTown 12:07 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He's going to have to take a DRAMATIC pay cut then. Do you see that happening?
Not only no, but F no.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:10 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Honestly I dunno, but if they do walk you're talking about basically replacing the entire DE position in 2 years while also moving on from Hitchens in that span, that won't be a super easy thing to do without A+ drafting.
Nothing is going to be easy when you're paying your QB $500M but the surest way to improve probability is to throw numbers at the problem, which you can't do with Frank Clark making $30M a year.

You could get THREE Z'Darius Smith's with that kind of money.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:11 PM 11-30-2020
I mean it's possible the Chiefs made the Clark move with the entire intention of it being short term, hypothetically we shouldn't have problems attracting FAs.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:12 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:

I think the smart play here is to keep Clark and Sammy, try to lower their cap hits in 2021 and draft a pass rusher and WR with our first 2 picks.

Something will for sure happen with Clark, whether he's cut or renegotiated.

His contract after 2021 is simply untenable.
[Reply]
-King- 12:18 PM 11-30-2020
Sammy’s cap hit last year was $19.2 million. Clark’s cap hit this year is $19.3 million.
And Sammy restructured this off season....
[Reply]
RunKC 12:22 PM 11-30-2020
And Sammy restructured this off season....
Frank did too and I would expect more of this from both of these guys next Spring

#Chiefs have converted $5 million of Frank Clark's base salary into a signing bonus to give the team some cap flexibility, source says.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) March 18, 2020

[Reply]
htismaqe 12:23 PM 11-30-2020
Frank did too and I would expect more of this from both of these guys next Spring

Last year was to give them some room like the Tweet says. It was $5M.

After next year, it will need to be more like FIFTEEN million.
[Reply]
-King- 12:40 PM 11-30-2020

Actually Sammy took a flat out pay cut. I don't even know why you're trying to compare someone who isn't in the top 15 in WR contracts to someone who is top 5 in Edge Rusher contracts.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:55 PM 11-30-2020
Actually Sammy took a flat out pay cut. I don't even know why you're trying to compare someone who isn't in the top 15 in WR contracts to someone who is top 5 in Edge Rusher contracts.
Because that was Sammy last year. He was the highest paid WR in the league last year.

Clark is just now making big cap hits in his contract like Sammy did last year so I’d expect either a big pay cut from him next Spring or they suck it up for 1 more year and then move on in 2022 when they have an out.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 12:56 PM 11-30-2020

I'm hoping they draft an offensive lineman in the early rounds. They will have a hard time signing any quality linemen due to the cap situation. That's what the draft is for. Get them while they're cheap.

A pass rusher would be nice, but protecting your QB is a bigger priority than needing to injure the other team's QB. They also need some lineman who can actually run block. The current line is incapable of moving defenders out of the way consistently.

I'd rather they fix holes in the current team than draft another WR. OL and LB are the biggest holes.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:01 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
I'm hoping they draft an offensive lineman in the early rounds. They will have a hard time signing any quality linemen due to the cap situation. That's what the draft is for. Get them while they're cheap.

A pass rusher would be nice, but protecting your QB is a bigger priority than needing to injure the other team's QB. They also need some lineman who can actually run block. The current line is incapable of moving defenders out of the way consistently.

I'd rather they fix holes in the current team than draft another WR. OL and LB are the biggest holes.
LB and OL are the easiest positions to fill in free agency because they don't cost much.

The draft is where you go get the high-dollar positions like DE, OT, and WR.

Sorry, but your priorities are just backwards. Drafting an IOL high is a waste of resources unless there's an absolute blue chip prospect there.
[Reply]
Page 231 of 435
« First < 131181221227228229230231 232233234235241281331 > Last »
Up