ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Brisco (AES on 810, Time's Ours) in the ICU
suzzer99 04:42 PM 09-22-2021

Asking for prayer for my 26 year-old son Joshua, this morning his girlfriend took him to the ER and he is currently in ICU, he’s delirious and had to be restrained, no clue yet what’s going on. Just took my wife to the airport to fly to Kansas City to be with him.

— Brad Brisco (@bradleybrisco) September 22, 2021

Apparently Joshua Brisco (of the Times Ours podcast and 810 radio) is not doing well. I really like this dude. I hope he pulls through ok.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:26 PM 09-23-2021
No problem. Just happy to serve.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:47 PM 09-23-2021

1/2 Update on @jbbrisco from @mlbkansas. He was admitted to the ICU yesterday in critical condition. He was incoherent with severe abdominal pain and diagnosed with DKA, (Diabetic Keto-acidosis) with blood sugars in the 900's. Today, he is "stable and improving."

— Brad Brisco (@bradleybrisco) September 23, 2021

2/2 Dr's are monitoring kidney function, blood sugars and white blood cell count, which are improved this afternoon. THANK YOU all for the overwhelming outpouring of love and concern!

— Brad Brisco (@bradleybrisco) September 23, 2021

[Reply]
Straight, No Chaser 12:56 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Could it be meningitis?
He spends too much time talking about his Twitter on the air?
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:59 PM 09-23-2021
So he's diabetic and didn't know it?
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:03 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
So he's diabetic and didn't know it?
Sounds like maybe he didnt know?
[Reply]
DaFace 01:05 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Sounds like maybe he didnt know?
Guess we'll find out soon. At least it SOUNDS like it's under control and manageable, though a diabetes diagnosis can't be fun if he didn't know.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 01:06 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:

Wait a minute. So you’re saying that dumb piece of shit CoMo is wrong? I wouldn’t have guessed.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:07 PM 09-23-2021
Whoa twitter says he just started a keto diet but if he did that and didn't know he's diabetic it can screw you up big time.

Ketosis may occur in persons with a low intake of carbohydrates, women who are pregnant, extended periods of exercise, or in patients with diabetes. Diabetic patients who get ketoacidosis may fall into a diabetic coma or even die. Treatment is usually administered by healthcare workers, and followed by hospitalization.

To prevent ketoacidosis, diabetic patients can do the following:

Frequently monitor blood sugar levels
Drink enough water and replace electrolytes as needed
Use correct insulin dosage as needed
Follow a diabetic treatment plan
Test ketone levels with a home urine test kit
[Reply]
siberian khatru 01:11 PM 09-23-2021

I have been overwhelmed with the love shared for @jbbrisco during all of this. Joshua constantly surprises me with the depths of his kindness, compassion, talent, and humor. We had a really scary day yesterday but he is getting better and will hopefully be back to himself soon.

— Renée DeVault (@modeltheologian) September 23, 2021

[Reply]
suzzer99 01:12 PM 09-23-2021
I was literally going to guess diabetic keto-acidosis. I've seen my friend get delirious on it and have to be restrained.

But I figured they'd immediately test blood sugar and would have ruled that out right away. I guess not.

That's very good news for prognosis, although he might have diabetes going forward.

The friend I mentioned above just got a kidney and pancreas transplant, which means she's not diabetic anymore. I didn't know you could do that.
[Reply]
Eleazar 01:13 PM 09-23-2021
Glad he’s doing better, really like him and the rest of the guys on that podcast.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:16 PM 09-23-2021
That's crazy that you can do that to yourself with the keto diet. You'd think he would have gone off it when he started to feel bad.
[Reply]
TribalElder 01:19 PM 09-23-2021

[Reply]
Kiimo 01:19 PM 09-23-2021
I mean a keto diet is going to make you feel bad anyway you're starving yourself

I could see him thinking huh I can feel this working until it was too late
[Reply]
sedated 01:20 PM 09-23-2021
Maybe I don't know much about diabetes but didn't know that someone could have it and not know to the point that it gets dangerous. I assumed that was something that's diagnosed early in life or caught during check-ups at the Dr if it developed later in life. Part of the reason you have to fast before getting blood drawn.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Up