ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 16
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign DT Danny Shelton
Dante84 02:00 PM 08-09-2022

Chiefs and veteran free-agent defensive tackle Danny Shelton have agreed to terms on a one-year contract, per his agents @DrewJRosenhaus and @RyanMatha. Shelton was most recently with the Giants.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) August 9, 2022

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:47 PM 08-09-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This is so overblown.

It's essentially the same group we've had for years now.
And for the most part our DL has been less than the sum of its parts. And that's being diplomatic.

At a point it's time to zag a little. But alas, I think everyone is right in that the ship has sailed there. Quinn's not happening. We bypassed some solid contributors at decent prices in FA. We're kinda picking through the discount racks at this point looking for older players who may have one last ride in them.

I mean I don't see a player on the interior (apart from Jones) who would have the impact Jarran Reed had even though Reed only really played worth a shit for about 5-6 weeks down the stretch. Otherwise he was just kinda...there. Wharton is a little like RNR was in that his splash plays have him overrated because they pop so well but he's also a dude that sure doesn't look built for the interior and oftentimes it shows when its time to do spade work. And you and I both like Nnadi quite a bit but man did he look fungible last year. Just wasn't much 'there' there, and there were some noticeably AWFUL snaps from him.

The DEs are likely to be somewhat improved but man we're putting a lot on Karlaftis's shoulders there. Okafor/Ingram are gonna be roughly on par with Dunlap, IMO. Different paths to getting there, but roughly similar contributions. Frank Clark Fucking Sucks. Danna is as JAG as they get. So Karlaftis and I guess Kaindoah are the paths to some real impact off the edge?

This isn't a situation where we were fine on the DL and treading water should work. That DL was shockingly awful for looooooong stretches last year. And I just worry that improvements in the margins aren't enough.
[Reply]
BossChief 03:53 PM 08-09-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Because you really wish it's was Akiem Hicks lol
Honestly, I think you nailed it.

I was hoping we would sign Suh or Hicks.
[Reply]
UK_Chief 03:55 PM 08-09-2022
Ship. To the
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:59 PM 08-09-2022
Hardly any downside because I'm sure he was signed for a sack of dicks. Not sure what's left in the tank though.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:06 PM 08-09-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And for the most part our DL has been less than the sum of its parts. And that's being diplomatic.

At a point it's time to zag a little. But alas, I think everyone is right in that the ship has sailed there. Quinn's not happening. We bypassed some solid contributors at decent prices in FA. We're kinda picking through the discount racks at this point looking for older players who may have one last ride in them.

I mean I don't see a player on the interior (apart from Jones) who would have the impact Jarran Reed had even though Reed only really played worth a shit for about 5-6 weeks down the stretch. Otherwise he was just kinda...there. Wharton is a little like RNR was in that his splash plays have him overrated because they pop so well but he's also a dude that sure doesn't look built for the interior and oftentimes it shows when its time to do spade work. And you and I both like Nnadi quite a bit but man did he look fungible last year. Just wasn't much 'there' there, and there were some noticeably AWFUL snaps from him.

The DEs are likely to be somewhat improved but man we're putting a lot on Karlaftis's shoulders there. Okafor/Ingram are gonna be roughly on par with Dunlap, IMO. Different paths to getting there, but roughly similar contributions. Frank Clark Fucking Sucks. Danna is as JAG as they get. So Karlaftis and I guess Kaindoah are the paths to some real impact off the edge?

This isn't a situation where we were fine on the DL and treading water should work. That DL was shockingly awful for looooooong stretches last year. And I just worry that improvements in the margins aren't enough.
I don't necessarily disagree with that, but I think the biggest issue last year was the pass rush.

Nnadi clearly wasn't healthy to start the year last season, and I don't think he ever fully recovered. He appears to be healthy this year, and I think that will help in the run game a lot. Shelton now gives them a big body that can at least eat up space too. With Bolton, Gay, and eventually Chenal, I think we'll at the very least be adequate against the run.

When it comes to the pass rush, I think we've improved there with Karlaftis and Dunlap replacing Ingram. I don't expect anything crazy from Clark either, but the added juice should be a plus on his end.

As long as the pass rush improves, I think we'll be alright. And the pass rush in terms of creating pressure was already solid last year, they just didn't finish.

I have a good feeling that with Cullen, this group will overachieve, or at least not underachieve like they did last year.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:12 PM 08-09-2022
Here’s your Mike Pennel folks
[Reply]
RunKC 04:17 PM 08-09-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
the chiefs will be less explosive, period

that yields less points if the defense isn't top 10
The Chiefs were far less explosive last year bc of cover 2. They simply adjusted their offense to became as explosive just in a different way.

To think they can’t do that this year is foolish
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:18 PM 08-09-2022
hey guys, i heard the Chiefs just signed Mike Pennel.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:21 PM 08-09-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Honestly, I think you nailed it.

I was hoping we would sign Suh or Hicks.
Suh is pretty washed
[Reply]
raybec 4 04:21 PM 08-09-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
hey guys, i heard the Chiefs just signed Mike Pennel.
There's your Mike Pennel
[Reply]
KC Hawks 04:26 PM 08-09-2022
He reminds me of Mike Penis
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 04:35 PM 08-09-2022
Heard the Chiefs gave Mike Pennel a penis extension
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 04:39 PM 08-09-2022
I like the signing. We need big guys to stop the straight forward run.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 04:39 PM 08-09-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
must not be happy with saunders
Yeah, he will likely have a tough time making the roster.
[Reply]
-King- 04:42 PM 08-09-2022
Meh. Patriots and Giants fans are saying he was atrocious the past few years. He'll be a rotational body to keep Chris Jones and Wharton fresh.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 16
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up