ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs stock watch: Pacheco impressing; Gordon struggling
RaidersOftheCellar 10:24 AM 08-09-2022
Chiefs stock watch: RB Isiah Pacheco impressing; WR Josh Gordon struggling

By Nate Taylor
Aug 7, 2022

ST. JOSEPH, Mo. — At this point, the Chiefs have fewer than 10 practices left of their training camp.

Such a realization was felt throughout the team the past two days, as the fully padded practices were long and the repetitions for the second- and third-team members started to decrease. On Saturday, the Chiefs will play their first preseason game, an exhibition on the road against the Chicago Bears.

With this past Saturday’s practice serving as the midway point of camp, here’s an updated assessment of the players who have stood out and those who are on the wrong end of a position battle — or even in danger of not earning a spot on the initial 53-man roster — as the Chiefs move closer to Aug. 30, the NFL’s cutdown day.

Spoiler!

https://theathletic.com/3485284/2022...ampaign=601983
[Reply]
jettio 10:33 AM 08-09-2022
Fortson could be an IR return from IR guy.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:50 AM 08-09-2022
Orlando Brown moving better would be a huge upgrade to our offense.

He was good down the stretch last year but never looked as natural at LT as you would like.
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:56 AM 08-09-2022
The most disappointing news for me? Darian Kinnard. I know, I know, he's a rookie. I guess I was just hoping to catch lightning in a bottle again like we did with Humphrey and Smith last year :-)
[Reply]
jettio 11:02 AM 08-09-2022
Interesting description of Kinnard. Above average strength and athleticism, needs to improve technique and footwork.

May be a practice squad guy that would not get poached unless a team needed a guard.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:06 AM 08-09-2022
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
The most disappointing news for me? Darian Kinnard. I know, I know, he's a rookie. I guess I was just hoping to catch lightning in a bottle again like we did with Humphrey and Smith last year :-)
Many NFL teams thought he was a guard only.

KC thought he was a tackle.

Maybe we missed, maybe he needs more time and is raw.
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:13 AM 08-09-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Many NFL teams thought he was a guard only.

KC thought he was a tackle.

Maybe we missed, maybe he needs more time and is raw.
I think (hope) this is correct. It's going to take him some time to learn RT at this level.
[Reply]
TLO 11:15 AM 08-09-2022
Originally Posted by jettio:
Fortson could be an IR return from IR guy.
Only to be put back on the IR 2 weeks later.
Rimjob
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:19 AM 08-09-2022
I think (hope) this is correct. It's going to take him some time to learn RT at this level.
Not every good NFL player looks that way out of the gate.

Some guys just need more time. Which is fine because he was not a high pick.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:25 AM 08-09-2022

Yeah I was hoping for another Creed or Smith too. Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:26 AM 08-09-2022
Originally Posted by jettio:
Interesting description of Kinnard. Above average strength and athleticism, needs to improve technique and footwork.

May be a practice squad guy that would not get poached unless a team needed a guard.
Kinnard absolutely will get poached.

The state of OLs in the NFL is dire.

You have to stash him on the 53.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:32 AM 08-09-2022
Liking the early returns on Karlaftis. Hope he continues to improve as he would be a huge asset to this defense.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:34 AM 08-09-2022
Joshua Williams and Trent McDuffie are running with the 1s? What's the story with Sneed? Or is he back to playing slot, which is perfectly fine.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 12:13 PM 08-09-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Joshua Williams and Trent McDuffie are running with the 1s? What's the story with Sneed? Or is he back to playing slot, which is perfectly fine.
I believe I read that he was in the slot this week.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:13 PM 08-09-2022
Same. And from what I saw after we drafted him I was optimistic. Obviously those clips aren’t all the plays.

I am fully in favor of putting his big ass out there as a TE or tackle over tackle in short yardage. Let that giant angry motherfucker be gaint, angry and fuck mothers.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Up