ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Gundy resigns over reading a word
LoneWolf 12:11 PM 08-08-2022
https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...rd-player-ipad

So now you can't even read a word someone else wrote without having to apologize and resign from the job you have been doing for decades? Complete bullshit.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:15 AM 08-09-2022
Jeffrey Epstein didn't kill himself, and the word was "rimjob"
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 09:20 AM 08-09-2022
I'm shocked this isn't a Deberg thread.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:34 AM 08-09-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
:-) - in 3rd grade we went to the school library to learn about the card catalog, and in the middle of the common area was a giant dictionary. Teacher caught us looking up 'fuck' in it and off to the principal's we went as well.

We didn't even write anything, . . . We were making creative use of the facilities provided us!!

Oppression!!
4th grade and trading limericks - teacher steps up behind us during "Jack got high, opened his fly...."

"Well - finish it for the rest of us..."

Off to the principal's office. It wasn't even a very good ending.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:35 AM 08-09-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
4th grade and trading limericks - teacher steps up behind us during "Jack got high, opened his fly...."

"Well - finish it for the rest of us..."

Off to the principal's office. It wasn't even a very good ending.
Probably because there weren't any rimjobs in the ending
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:38 AM 08-09-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Probably because there weren't any rimjobs in the ending
A world without rimjobs is a world I don't want to live in
[Reply]
Graystoke 09:39 AM 08-09-2022
This rimjob live close to you?
[Reply]
staylor26 09:49 AM 08-09-2022

[Reply]
Eleazar 09:59 AM 08-09-2022
Regardless of what the word was, how stupid do you have to be to do that?
[Reply]
Mr. Wizard 10:20 AM 08-09-2022
OU is kind of a mess right now with the head coach leaving and then the players following him. Gundy had to feel like the train left and he forgot to get on it. He has a job waiting for him in Stillwater and his brother has a lifetime contract so he just has to move the family 60 miles.
[Reply]
TLO 10:23 AM 08-09-2022
Rimjob
[Reply]
Pablo 10:34 AM 08-09-2022
Rob Jim
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 11:15 AM 08-09-2022
This is bizarro clown world. Nobody could read one single chapter of "To Have And Have Not" in public without having to resign about seven times over. That written by Ernest Hemingway, Nobel and Pulitzer prize winner. I have a black female penpal friend that I discuss Faulkner and Vonnegut with, and the n-word is in their works so many times over that I can't think of any sort of analogy, yet it doesn't bother her. It doesn't give her indescribable pain and trauma. Because it isn't used in any malicious manner at all and she's smarter than to melt down at one word. If those authors used it incorrectly, in any sort of truly prejudicial and mean-spirited manner, she probably wouldn't be such a huge fan in the first place, would she?

Anyway that's all I'll say in this thread. It's bizarro clown world.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 11:16 AM 08-09-2022
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
This is bizarro clown world. Nobody could read one single chapter of "To Have And Have Not" in public without having to resign about seven times over. I have a black female penpal friend that I discuss Faulkner and Vonnegut with, and the n-word is in their works so many times over that I can't think of any sort of analogy, yet it doesn't bother her. It doesn't give her indescribable pain and trauma. Because it isn't used in any malicious manner at all and she's smarter than to melt down at one word. If those authors used it incorrectly, in any sort of truly prejudicial and mean-spirited manner, she probably wouldn't be such a huge fan in the first place, would she?

Anyway that's all I'll say in this thread. It's bizarro clown world.
You discuss Faulkner with your female friends? That must be an interesting conversation.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 11:17 AM 08-09-2022

Being John Rimjob
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 11:37 AM 08-09-2022
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
You discuss Faulkner with your female friends? That must be an interesting conversation.
dude I used to run a Faulkner Book Club on reddit. She came from a facebook Faulkner Book Club where she was disappointed with the low frequency of posts there, so she started googling and found my outfit. So she contacted me. We've since exchanged about 2,000 emails and several pictures. But she was way into Faulkner, that's how she found me!

Then I got IP banned on reddit for, of all things, using the r-word in reference to Hemingway. The Hemingway subforum all knew me cause I constantly tried to recruit them to the other side (Faulkner) so they knew I was being tongue-in-cheek; I actually did and do respect Hemingway a lot. But somehow reddit's algorithm picked that post up and recommended it to like 10s of thousands of people as a "you might like this" post. No idea how. So then strangers started coming in, furious I had used the r-word, and I got IP banned.

Here is a Hemingway quote. How can you not respect this guy? But I got merc'd for that r-word related to Hemingway.

Originally Posted by :
Charlie there is no future in anything. I hope you agree. That is why I like it at a
war. Every day and every night there is a strong possibility that you will get killed
and not have to write. I have to write to be happy whether I get paid for it or not.
But it is a hell of a disease to be born with. I like to do it. Which is even worse.
That makes it from a disease into a vice. Then I want to do it better than anybody has ever done it which makes it into an obsession. An obsession is terrible.
—Hemingway to Charles Scribner, February 24, 1940
But before that, that black chick (my same age, actually), found ME. Not the other way around. And she wanted to discuss Faulkner, deeply. Helluva connection really.

Okay that's all I got for today. I'll go away from this thread now.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Up