ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What is your favorite Hot Sauce & Seasonings?
TripleThreat 08:59 PM 08-04-2022
I'm a huge Hot Sauce, and Spices guy. I'm 30 years old and love cooking in the kitchen with a glass of whiskey, tequila, or red wine. If its Italian night I grab the wine. If its Mexican night I grab the tequila, if its steaks & lobster I grab the whiskey. It really just depends

I'm getting better and better in the kitchen. Trial and Error, and I fail ALOT, but I also succeed a lot.

So out of pure interest, what sauces and spices do you guys use the most? What is your GO TO hot sauce, and your go to spice(s)?!

Below have become my Favorite spices.. I actually stopped using Tony Chacheres. I ask because I spend more time in the spice section than anywhere else... Thanks!!

Slap Ya Mama Hot Sauce goes with anything and everything, Pizza, Tacos, Burritos It pairs so well.

Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Below seasoning for almost everything, has a perfect amount of Spice but not too salty like Chacheres. For example when I make a basic pot of buttered noodles when I'm lazy, I just use salted butter and this seasoning and it still comes out perfect, compared to when I used to try to get everything "just right"

Old Bay for various fish dishes, this is more mainstream

[Reply]
srvy 09:56 PM 08-04-2022
I posted this one in another thread but Inner Beauty is the bomb love it. The problem is I can't grow scotch bonnets and the bottled stuff is always out of stock. Its so easy to make but haven't found the peppers yet around KC. I can get on Amazon but its gone as soon as it comes in stuck and forever to restock.

[Reply]
philfree 09:57 PM 08-04-2022
Nothing fancy for me. Louisiana Hot Sauce on fried eggs and then I mix Louisiana Habanero in my bbq sauce. For Mexican food I like Mexican Villa hot sauce. That's a Springfield thing and while a lot of folks say 'The Villa' isn't authentic that hot sauce is special unto itself. I like hot sauce though so most of it I consider good.
[Reply]
srvy 10:24 PM 08-04-2022
Originally Posted by philfree:
Nothing fancy for me. Louisiana Hot Sauce on fried eggs and then I mix Louisiana Habanero in my bbq sauce. For Mexican food I like Mexican Villa hot sauce. That's a Springfield thing and while a lot of folks say 'The Villa' isn't authentic that hot sauce is special unto itself. I like hot sauce though so most of it I consider good.
I loved Mexican Villa and that sauce. Sancho enchilada style the hot sauce and the chips. My best friends from HS went to SMSU and turned me onto it visiting. Then we worked in that area engineering and surveying Wilson Creek National Battlefield for construction. Turned my crew onto that place and they made it a regular.
[Reply]
philfree 10:31 PM 08-04-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
I loved Mexican Villa and that sauce. Sancho enchilada style the hot sauce and the chips. My best friends from HS went to SMSU and turned me onto it visiting. Then we worked in that area engineering and surveying Wilson Creek National Battlefield for construction. Turned my crew onto that place and they made it a regular.
We just buy it by the jar, so we always have it at home.
[Reply]
philfree 10:38 PM 08-04-2022
I used to hike that place before it was developed, and it was so much better than after. I lived pretty damn close to it that it was a go to on a stoned weekend. Then it was ruined.
[Reply]
srvy 10:39 PM 08-04-2022
Originally Posted by philfree:
We just buy it by the jar, so we always have it at home.
I used to bring Jars home when I was in the area so they are selling it now? I know it had a shelf life so if they are putting preservatives in it that always ruins it.
I also Love Rosedale BBQ sauce but it doesn't keep long so it a bottle at a time.
[Reply]
philfree 10:45 PM 08-04-2022
I used to bring Jars home when I was in the area so they are selling it now? I know it had a shelf life so if they are putting preservatives in it that always ruins it.
I also Love Rosedale BBQ sauce but it doesn't keep long so it a bottle at a time.
They sell it by the jar and in gift packs. The wife likes the Sweet Sauce.
[Reply]
threebag 10:48 PM 08-04-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Louisiana Hot Sauce eight days a week

It turned my corned beef hash and 2 scrambled egg mess into a genuine treat today... just a drop will do ya
Go with the Louisiana Gold

[Reply]
scho63 10:53 PM 08-04-2022
I'm so vanilla on hot sauces/flavoring; Sriracha, Original Tabasco, Chinese Chili Oil, Cholula Red Hot Sauce, El Yucateco Green Chili Hot Sauce, Italian Red Pepper Flakes, Szechuan Peppercorns, Jamaican Jerk seasoning, Wasabi, Fresh Ground Horseradish, Serrano and Jalapeno Peppers.

I like my variety to provide different levels and flavors of heat.

Never been a super hot or overly spicy food guy. If you can't taste the food anymore, it's far too hot.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 10:54 PM 08-04-2022
I posted this one in another thread but Inner Beauty is the bomb love it. The problem is I can't grow scotch bonnets and the bottled stuff is always out of stock. Its so easy to make but haven't found the peppers yet around KC. I can get on Amazon but its gone as soon as it comes in stuck and forever to restock.

I just ordered a bottle off Amazon, $13.

It has 300+ reviews, 5 stars. the comment of "I may even try it on ice cream" had me lol.

TBH though the look has brought me in on buying it. It looks like a good creamy hot sauce.

I noticed the ingredients is primarily mustard, so looks to be more of perhaps a Pork or Chicken type of sauce, not so much Mexican? I gave up Pig products for the wife (obligatory insert and myself)... have you paired this with chicken?
[Reply]
TripleThreat 10:57 PM 08-04-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Lobo Thai Laab Namtok Seasoning Mix

Lol you remind me of my brother BearCat. You like the Japanese style food eh? I love Sushi etc but he goes hardcore into the Japanese side of foods, shopping at the actual grocery stores etc.
[Reply]
srvy 10:59 PM 08-04-2022
This was the one we always hit up. Sometimes the one on Sunshine they have added some locations. Also they changed the bottle I always remember the tall skinny one.

[Reply]
philfree 10:59 PM 08-04-2022
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Go with the Louisiana Gold

That stuff is good as well as the Red Rooster made by Louisiana Hot Sauce. i just order it off their website.
[Reply]
Fish 11:03 PM 08-04-2022
This will burn you in delicious ways...

https://www.amazon.com/El-Yucateco-X.../dp/B001EOMQ9E
[Reply]
Bump 11:03 PM 08-04-2022
I've always liked sriracha (best condiment for hot dogs imo) and spicy foods.

I love the feeling that just simple mustard from chinese restaurants when you dip an egg roll into it, that sinus clearing feeling. Same with wasabi + soy with sushi dipped into it. Love that shit. I don't eat spicy foods that much anymore, unfortunately as I got older my face is less tolerant to it.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up