ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Cox suckers just raised my cable-internet bill 23%
scho63 09:37 AM 07-19-2022
I was expecting a raise but not nearly 25%. My car insurance just went up about $32 too

Time to change my auto but I'm hostage to Cox in my community. Fucking thieves.

My electric actually went DOWN since they fixed my A/C by about $20-40.

I hate inflation! :-)

Anyone else getting gut punched?
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:38 AM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by Coogs:
But the OTA option does come in handy for the NFL season. Lots of live sports still use the CBS, FOX, NBC, and ABC option to reach their viewers.
Screw that. Just pay the $5 a month for CBS All Access. If you're in the local Chiefs market you'll get all their games.

Hell, im in San Diego and still get most of their games.
[Reply]
Coogs 11:38 AM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by booger:
Thanks for the link :-)
Your welcome. Click on the "Shop" tab at the top. Everything you need is listed here, and IMO they are the best in the business when it comes to OTA products.
[Reply]
Coogs 11:44 AM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Screw that. Just pay the $5 a month for CBS All Access. If you're in the local Chiefs market you'll get all their games.

Hell, im in San Diego and still get most of their games.
Whatever works for you. Just giving an option for guys looking to cut the cord and still get what they are looking for.

Me. I stream nearly everything. But OTA for nearly any sporting event on the "locals". I also stream NFL games that I want to watch that are not on my local channels.
[Reply]
booger 11:46 AM 07-19-2022
Your welcome. Click on the "Shop" tab at the top. Everything you need is listed here, and IMO they are the best in the business when it comes to OTA products.
I’m going to tell them Coogs sent me :-)
[Reply]
Coogs 11:47 AM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by booger:
I’m going to tell them Coogs sent me :-)
Lol! Probably cost you double!
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 11:58 AM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
Paying $165.87 a month now
I know how you can save 165.87 per month. Get rid of it. Better yet call them to cancel.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 12:01 PM 07-19-2022
But the OTA option does come in handy for the NFL season. Lots of live sports still use the CBS, FOX, NBC, and ABC option to reach their viewers.
I'm obviously out of market for Chiefs games so I've become accustomed to streaming the games. Streams get better every year to the point that the quality is nearly the same as cable. If I want to watch sports, I just stream it. We use the antenna if our internet goes out and when the Mrs wants to watch certain shows on local tv. It's definitely good to have, but for us it's not a must.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 12:02 PM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
I'm obviously out of market for Chiefs games so I've become accustomed to streaming the games. Streams get better every year to the point that the quality is nearly the same as cable. If I want to watch sports, I just stream it. We use the antenna if our internet goes out and when the Mrs wants to watch certain shows on local tv. It's definitely good to have, but for us it's not a must.
It's always been better than cable.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 12:09 PM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
It's always been better than cable.
I'm talking about the not so legal streams. There was a time not so long ago that I could be found screaming at my computer because the stream cut out and I would miss an entire quarter at a time
[Reply]
stevieray 03:28 PM 07-19-2022
I haven't had cable in 10 years.

Don't miss it.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:32 PM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Spectrum just decided to add a $5 wifi surcharge to our internet service (we cut the cable years ago). Not much I can do about it since they're the only game in town. Our county commissioners allowed them a monopoly years ago so other than direct tv or dish they're it. That's slowly changing though and we expect to have more options in the next couple of years. As soon as it's available, I'm dropping Spectrum like a bad habit
Buy your own wireless and tell them to fist themselves with the wifi surcharge.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 04:35 PM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
I was expecting a raise but not nearly 25%. My car insurance just went up about $32 too

Time to change my auto but I'm hostage to Cox in my community. ****ing thieves.

My electric actually went DOWN since they fixed my A/C by about $20-40.

I hate inflation! :-)

Anyone else getting gut punched?
Send the bill to the Uneasy Bike Rider.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 04:39 PM 07-19-2022
There a way to not pay the internet part if you don't have a high per year income you can get your internet for free. Go on cox website to do it.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:44 PM 07-19-2022
Everyone I've dealt with at Cox seems like a buttfucking moron but I have no complaints about their fiber speeds or reliability.

When ol boy came out to install it he couldn't find the hook up and was going to try and run the line under my pool out back and across a 4 lane street into another development. He was like this is going to take me all day and was calling in reinforcements to help and I was like no way, walk around the neighborhood again and find the hook up and sure enough it was down the street.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 06:28 PM 07-19-2022
Imagine paying for hookers then complaining about the cable bill being too high.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up