ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Cox suckers just raised my cable-internet bill 23%
scho63 09:37 AM 07-19-2022
I was expecting a raise but not nearly 25%. My car insurance just went up about $32 too

Time to change my auto but I'm hostage to Cox in my community. Fucking thieves.

My electric actually went DOWN since they fixed my A/C by about $20-40.

I hate inflation! :-)

Anyone else getting gut punched?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:12 AM 07-19-2022
pay $70/mo for google fiber and download/stream everything i could ever want to watch for free :-)
[Reply]
scho63 10:16 AM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
pay $70/mo for google fiber and download/stream everything i could ever want to watch for free :-)
Can I run a very long fiber to your house to share? I'll pay you $25 a month.

You can buy your sweetie a nice gift each month.
[Reply]
digger 10:16 AM 07-19-2022

This, but need local TV, so youtube TV...
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:25 AM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by digger:
I cut the cable and switched to YTTV last Fall. I absolutely love it. As soon as T-Mobile internet gets hooked up in my hood, I plan to jettison Cox Internet as well. Fuck those pirates!
[Reply]
BWillie 10:32 AM 07-19-2022
One thing about Direct TV, Cable and even YTTV is the quality of picture is subpar. Hbo max, netflix, etc are all lightyears ahead in quality. I wish they could figure out how to have live sports with that picture.
[Reply]
Coogs 10:36 AM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by digger:
Open Air TV antennas for local TV. It's worth researching out and absolutely free after inital install. Picture is better and it is live instead of delayed by streaming.

I would recommend these. I use the outdoor because I am so far away from the cities where the signal comes from. You can put outdoor antennas in your attic as well if you don't want it outside.

https://www.channelmaster.com/collections/tv-antennas
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:39 AM 07-19-2022
OTA antennas are so fucking easy to set up.....get one with an optional powered switch for like $30 if you get some problematic reception
[Reply]
CatinKS 10:45 AM 07-19-2022
We "paused" Dish after the NCAA Basketball until Sept for Football. Cost $5 per month to keep equipment and still have all recordings on DVR and able to record the OTA channels that are wired though my DVR. Streamed Royals and are very happy with the cost savings to help justify Dish 7 months of the year. Each month free preview channels are still an option also.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 11:17 AM 07-19-2022
Spectrum just decided to add a $5 wifi surcharge to our internet service (we cut the cable years ago). Not much I can do about it since they're the only game in town. Our county commissioners allowed them a monopoly years ago so other than direct tv or dish they're it. That's slowly changing though and we expect to have more options in the next couple of years. As soon as it's available, I'm dropping Spectrum like a bad habit
[Reply]
PHOG 11:18 AM 07-19-2022
We just got rid of Dish after 14-15 years? (Probably longer) When they were having the disagreements with network channels (2-3 years ago), we complained, and they installed an OTA antenna free of charge. It gets I think 68 channels.

A couple months ago, they tried to pull this crap too. (Raising the rates by 25-30%) When we called them on it before, they would come up with some kind of deal that got rid of the increase, with a 2 year contract. Naaaahh.

So we got rid of them, and went streaming. Best thing we've done. And they didn't ask for the OTA antenna back either. :-) Now we have ATT fiber for 69.99 and any streaming channels we want, free or with a small fee.

We had the internet charge anyways, so the viewing just got a lot cheaper. But we do miss the DVR. :-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:21 AM 07-19-2022
Yeah. Cox are dicks.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 11:24 AM 07-19-2022
OTA antennas are so fucking easy to set up.....get one with an optional powered switch for like $30 if you get some problematic reception
This
I installed one when we cut the cable and get 65 channels on it alone. Honestly though, we very rarely use it since we stream everything via Roku. I pay $20 a month for Philo and get hulu, discovery + and Disney + with our cell phone plan and HBO+ and Netflix from my son. Too many commercial free options to worry about ota tv
[Reply]
booger 11:34 AM 07-19-2022
I got rid of dish 3-4 months ago. With football coming up I’ve been thinking about adding an outdoor antenna. Wonder if there’s a way to mcgiver up the dish that’s still on the roof for local channels. Probably not but could use the bracket to attach an antenna
[Reply]
Coogs 11:34 AM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
This
I installed one when we cut the cable and get 65 channels on it alone. Honestly though, we very rarely use it since we stream everything via Roku. I pay $20 a month for Philo and get hulu, discovery + and Disney + with our cell phone plan and HBO+ and Netflix from my son. Too many commercial free options to worry about ota tv
But the OTA option does come in handy for the NFL season. Lots of live sports still use the CBS, FOX, NBC, and ABC option to reach their viewers.
[Reply]
booger 11:35 AM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Open Air TV antennas for local TV. It's worth researching out and absolutely free after inital install. Picture is better and it is live instead of delayed by streaming.

I would recommend these. I use the outdoor because I am so far away from the cities where the signal comes from. You can put outdoor antennas in your attic as well if you don't want it outside.

https://www.channelmaster.com/collections/tv-antennas
Thanks for the link :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up