ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Cox suckers just raised my cable-internet bill 23%
scho63 09:37 AM 07-19-2022
I was expecting a raise but not nearly 25%. My car insurance just went up about $32 too

Time to change my auto but I'm hostage to Cox in my community. Fucking thieves.

My electric actually went DOWN since they fixed my A/C by about $20-40.

I hate inflation! :-)

Anyone else getting gut punched?
[Reply]
scho63 09:38 AM 07-19-2022
Paying $165.87 a month now
[Reply]
Reroka 09:38 AM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
I was expecting a raise but not nearly 25%. My car insurance just went up about $32 too

Time to change my auto but I'm hostage to Cox in my community. ****ing thieves.

My electric actually went DOWN since they fixed my A/C by about $20-40.

I hate inflation! :-)

Anyone else getting gut punched?
Sorry I live rent-free while building my home.

I will be in your position in about a year or so.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:40 AM 07-19-2022
Scho, ATt did the same to me this spring. My friends told me to get YouTube tv, and having seen it at their places I was ready to change. It’s like $65/mo for the basic channels and you can add a la cart what you want

Called up ATT to cancel and they cut my bill the 25% they just spiked it. Worth a try
[Reply]
Bowser 09:40 AM 07-19-2022
I gave up cable for streaming and haven't been sorry for the decision yet. I was having to bite the pillow with Spectrum and I wasn't using a fraction of what I was paying for. I may go get local stations again for football season, but that's a strong "may".
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:42 AM 07-19-2022
Did this woman live close to you?
[Reply]
scho63 09:43 AM 07-19-2022
I may try the "I can't afford it now" with the costs of everything else and see where that gets me.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 09:44 AM 07-19-2022
That's not bad for cable and internet IF you have a good package (that's what she said).

Verizon and T-Mobile are rapidly expanding their home internet services too. You might check into that.
[Reply]
scho63 09:44 AM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Did this woman live close to you?
LIVED :-)
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:44 AM 07-19-2022
Abandoned Cox for ATT Fiber a couple years ago and I've been so much happier. After the promo period, it's held steady at $80/month for gig service. Cox wanted $120+ for the same level of service, and Cox had data caps. I get unlimited data with ATT Fiber.

Plus my neighborhood was very congested for traffic on Cox, so I never got the full advertised speeds. Plus Cox had outages fairly often. Zero outages with ATT Fiber so far. Also always get full advertised speeds with ATT Fiber.

Getting HBO Max as a "free" add on with my ATT Fiber service is nice as well.
[Reply]
scho63 09:46 AM 07-19-2022
I have the Cox fiber that they laid in the community the first year I was here

They have some shit bag local internet service that everyone says sucks.

Also Dish is pretty big here and there is still a used Dish attached at the back of the house.

My concern is more internet than TV.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:49 AM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I gave up cable for streaming and haven't been sorry for the decision yet. I was having to bite the pillow with Spectrum and I wasn't using a fraction of what I was paying for. I may go get local stations again for football season, but that's a strong "may".
I grudgingly renewed Dish a year and a half ago after going through the same old bullshit where your bill spikes by $50/month and you have to call to bring it back down... then went without ABC for a bit and NBC for most of the football season.

I'll probably finally cancel for good when it expires in December... YouTube TV has the same contract issues and I believe Sling is now owned by Dish, but also not above other streaming options, which I've had to use anyway when Chiefs games are blacked out here or on SNF with no NBC, etc.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:52 AM 07-19-2022
I have the Cox fiber that they laid in the community the first year I was here

They have some shit bag local internet service that everyone says sucks.

Also Dish is pretty big here and there is still a used Dish attached at the back of the house.

My concern is more internet than TV.
Sparklight is pretty awful here, so I tried TMobile's satellite internet for a few months and it was far worse... they apparently deprioritize internet traffic for cell data, so the interview would just stop working for hours at a time.

There might be better options where you're at... hoping one day the satellite providers get their shit together and put some pressure on the monopolies, much like the original goal of Google Fiber.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 10:00 AM 07-19-2022
So, basically...Cox = Spectrum.

Although I will give them credit for lowering my bill recently. As soon as ATT Fiber came to the neighborhood, Spectrum was willing to deal again (which they had been unwilling to do for many years after they took over for Time Warner).
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 10:03 AM 07-19-2022
Lucky. I'm paying about $40 more each month for Xfinity.

But yeah it sucks when bills you're used to paying increase by a lot. Mortgage payments are the worst with escrow increases due to the current real estate market.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Up