ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 95
« First < 45678 91011121858 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official 2021-2022 NHL Thread ****
Bearcat 06:06 PM 07-21-2021

[Reply]
Bearcat 09:53 AM 03-12-2022
Yeah, it was a strange week... looked like the Leafs in a couple games, trying to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Had all kinds of chances against the Flames and couldn't quite get it done, but had one goal between the Yotes and Canes. :-)

It's nice of the scheduling gods to have a west coast swing right after time change though, so the games will be 7:30 here instead of 8:30.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:42 AM 03-20-2022
Don't see this everyday.... overturned an OT goal 40 minutes later. :-)

They won anyway.

https://www.uscho.com/2022/03/19/min...ate-to-resume/

Minnesota State hockey scores a game winning goal in OT to win the conference title, they then awarded the trophy, had a celebration and everyone left. 15 minutes after everyone left the arena the goal is reviewed and overturned and they’re going to resume play! Wild! https://t.co/4yw1obeUMf

— RedditCFB (@RedditCFB) March 20, 2022

Hold on folks. This has to be reviewed right? @CCHAHockey pic.twitter.com/k6iWhgGua9

— EVERYTHING COLLEGE HOCKEY (@TeamECH) March 20, 2022

[Reply]
Bearcat 10:21 AM 03-21-2022
Fleury to the freakin Wild. :-)
[Reply]
Fish 03:08 PM 03-21-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:

They won anyway.

That's crazy. Can't imagine being one of those players...
[Reply]
Fish 03:10 PM 03-21-2022
Avs have made several trades or so over the last few weeks, 2 in the last couple days. Sounds like they're going all in for the season...
[Reply]
DaFace 03:21 PM 03-21-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
Avs have made several trades or so over the last few weeks, 2 in the last couple days. Sounds like they're going all in for the season...

Avs added to the NHL roster:

-Josh Manson
-Nico Sturm
-Artturi Lehkonen
-Andrew Cogliano

Removed from the roster:

-Tyson Jost

Basically impossible to argue Colorado isn't better suited for their Cup run right now

— AJ Haefele (@returnofaj) March 21, 2022

Losing a couple of good prospects and draft picks hurts a bit, but our D is so stacked that it's hard to get TOO upset, especially if you still think Byram can get back to form. (He's skating in a full-contact sweater at practice as of this morning, so there's hope.)

Overall, I'm pleased. Sakic got good value that makes us a much tougher team to play against without giving up the farm.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 03:33 PM 03-21-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:

Losing a couple of good prospects and draft picks hurts a bit, but our D is so stacked that it's hard to get TOO upset, especially if you still think Byram can get back to form. (He's skating in a full-contact sweater at practice as of this morning, so there's hope.)

Overall, I'm pleased. Sakic got good value that makes us a much tougher team to play against without giving up the farm.
Avs roster is now built for the playoffs, not just the regular season. I love these moves. :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:05 PM 03-21-2022
Yeah, Sakic is great at plugging holes without overreacting. Cogliano has been around forever. Not familiar with Lehkonen, but he has 13 goals/29 assists.

Picked up some defensive depth whether Byram is back or not, plus the forward depth they needed (hoping Landeskog is back).

Would have loved to pick up Toffoli, but the Flames gave up a lot... and that's just the EA Sports stack-a-roster in me. Nick Leddy would have been fun to watch on this team, but of course don't really need him.

Saw people pining over Jost on reddit (much like we do with Chiefs JAGs), but Sakic's never been afraid to move guys and he hasn't exactly taken the next step.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 04:37 PM 03-21-2022

They won anyway.

If this is a goal the above should be a goal, but rendering the decision 40 minutes after the game is inexcusable.

[Reply]
Fish 10:10 PM 03-21-2022
Good Avs game tonight. Heading into OT.

The Avs had the most insane couple power plays tonight, that I've seen in a while. It was a straight up shooting gallery for 2 straight minutes, they had complete control of the zone the entire time, but couldn't get one in the net. Multiple shots off the bar.

Boom, Avs just won the game as I was typing. MacKinnon in OT!
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:34 PM 03-21-2022
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
If this is a goal the above should be a goal, but rendering the decision 40 minutes after the game is inexcusable.
In the CCHA game, the puck went under the goal, so you can say the puck never would have gone into the net if the net didn't move... unlike the Sabres goal.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:37 PM 03-21-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
Good Avs game tonight. Heading into OT.

The Avs had the most insane couple power plays tonight, that I've seen in a while. It was a straight up shooting gallery for 2 straight minutes, they had complete control of the zone the entire time, but couldn't get one in the net. Multiple shots off the bar.

Boom, Avs just won the game as I was typing. MacKinnon in OT!
That's the word I used as well... they didn't score on their last one, but it was still very impressive at how fluid they are, always in the right spot, tape-to-tape passes.

I think that was Kadri in OT who oh so subtly ripped off the Oilers helmet and that guy had to leave the ice right before MacKinnon scored? Uh... oops? :-)
[Reply]
Fish 11:33 PM 03-21-2022
That's the word I used as well... they didn't score on their last one, but it was still very impressive at how fluid they are, always in the right spot, tape-to-tape passes.

I think that was Kadri in OT who oh so subtly ripped off the Oilers helmet and that guy had to leave the ice right before MacKinnon scored? Uh... oops? :-)
Kadri got popped in the nose earlier in the game, and looked kinda pissed off about it, and played hard the rest of the game, especially in OT.

That OT was really impressive too. Avs totally dominated the 3 on 3. Like you said, very fluid and passes were just money. Really fun to watch.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 11:39 PM 03-28-2022
Senators owner Eugene Melnyk passes away at the age of 62. It'll be interesting to see what happens with that market/franchise moving forward.
https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article...-at-age-of-62/
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:01 PM 04-02-2022
Couch day is off to a good start.

Panthers down to the Devils 4-1 and 6-2... now tied at 6 with 1:24 left. Then quickly onto Avalanche/Penguins before the Final Four. :-)
[Reply]
Page 8 of 95
« First < 45678 91011121858 > Last »
Up