ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 57
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Media Center>Horror Movies
Sorter 05:50 PM 10-18-2012
Please recommend me some for the season. I'm currently fresh out ideas, sans Sinister which I'll be seeing this week.
[Reply]
sully1983 08:57 AM 06-11-2017
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
My girlfriend never used to watch scary movies (because they're too scary of course). But now I guess she feels emboldened since I'm sleeping next to her every night and wants to watch nothing but scary movies.

We've watched basically everything that's come out in the last year or so and I've been trying to go back in the history books for some other good ones.

Problem is, she doesn't like anything that looks too dated. So what movies would you guys recommend on this side of the turn of the century?

Thus far we've watched The Strangers, Orphan, The Conjuring, Insidious, Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003), Sinister, The Descent and we're planning to watch The Skeleton Key soon.

I debated on Hostel and Wrong Turn but she doesn't like the gory stuff too much. For that, she's not much into zombies flicks either so I'm holding off on Dawn of the Dead remake and 28 Days/Weeks Later.

Any other suggestions?
The Descent kicks so much ass. Love that film!

I'll suggest some french horror films for ya (if you don't mind subtitles that is)
Martyrs
Inside
High Tension
[Reply]
sully1983 08:58 AM 06-11-2017
also REC is a really good one. I think its a Spanish horror film.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:09 AM 06-11-2017
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
How about Drag me to Hell, It Follows, The Orphanage, 30 Days of Night, Session 9, and Saw?
Originally Posted by sully1983:
also REC is a really good one. I think its a Spanish horror film.
I thought Drag Me to Hell was horrible so I'll probably hold off or pass altogether on that one. It Follows was good, though. She's seen Saw. I'll add the others to the list of potentials.

REC is also good but that's more of a zombie film than anything so I'll hold off on that for now.

We've actually seen more than I previously listed, by the way. Some more are coming to me now. We watched As Above So Below, Devil, and The Babadook.

VHS is another one I'll add to the list.
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:56 PM 07-13-2017

This could be good
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:18 AM 09-23-2017
This is something I'd like to do. Drive in movies are a historic relic I'm glad this one is still around. An all nighter of horror movies how cool is that?

From Facebook~

Kanopolis Drive In added an event.
13 hrs ·

Saturday, October 14th, Dusk Till Dawn MonsterRama. $10 per car load. Gates open at 7 pm. Movies start at 8 pm and play in the order listed below. CAMPING IS ALLOWED, bring your tents and towable campers under 12 feet long. Trailer Campers in the back row only! Tents in the grass areas please!!!

The MonsterRama line up:
1. Night of the Living Dead
2. The Exorcist
3. The Shining
4. Drive in Massacre
5. The Last Man on Earth

WARNING: These films have been deemed by an independent film board to be too terrifying for viewing
by the average theatre patron. For this reason, it is suggested that those of you with severe emotional
disorders or chronic coronary dysfunction NOT see these movies. The Kanopolis Drive in bears no
responsibility for your mental or emotional distress if you attend. Thank you.
OCT14
Going
The 6th Annual Dusk Till Dawn MonsterRAMA
Oct 14 - Oct 15 · Kanopolis Drive In · Kanopolis
You like Kanopolis Drive In
[Reply]
Al Bundy 09:56 AM 09-25-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
This is something I'd like to do. Drive in movies are a historic relic I'm glad this one is still around. An all nighter of horror movies how cool is that?

From Facebook~

Kanopolis Drive In added an event.
13 hrs ·

Saturday, October 14th, Dusk Till Dawn MonsterRama. $10 per car load. Gates open at 7 pm. Movies start at 8 pm and play in the order listed below. CAMPING IS ALLOWED, bring your tents and towable campers under 12 feet long. Trailer Campers in the back row only! Tents in the grass areas please!!!

The MonsterRama line up:
1. Night of the Living Dead
2. The Exorcist
3. The Shining
4. Drive in Massacre
5. The Last Man on Earth

WARNING: These films have been deemed by an independent film board to be too terrifying for viewing
by the average theatre patron. For this reason, it is suggested that those of you with severe emotional
disorders or chronic coronary dysfunction NOT see these movies. The Kanopolis Drive in bears no
responsibility for your mental or emotional distress if you attend. Thank you.
OCT14
Going
The 6th Annual Dusk Till Dawn MonsterRAMA
Oct 14 - Oct 15 · Kanopolis Drive In · Kanopolis
You like Kanopolis Drive In
That would be awesome.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:48 PM 09-25-2017
The Final Terror
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:49 PM 09-25-2017
They Look Like People
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:09 PM 09-25-2017
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
They Look Like People
Oh I remember watching Invasion of the Body Snatchers when I was little and I think it scared me. I never trusted my brother to be my brother.

I still wonder :-)
[Reply]
BigRichard 12:38 PM 09-26-2017
Originally Posted by sully1983:
So It Comes At Night was a massive rip off . Literally was NOT a horror film at all. Not completely terrible by any means but I was expecting it to be scary (based off the trailers) . Oh well.
Yeah, we just watched this last Sunday night. What a complete waste of time it was.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Simply Red 06:05 PM 09-26-2017
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Yeah, we just watched this last Sunday night. What a complete waste of time it was.

Spoiler!
I thought it was fair.
[Reply]
ohiobronco2 06:15 PM 09-26-2017
Just finished watching Creepshow 2 a few nights ago. It's been a while since I've seen that. Not really a big fan. The original Creepshow is perhaps the finest horror anthology ever made. Also watched House, I watch it every once in a while, very nostalgic for me. Personally, I'm a sucker for the early Carpenter flicks. The Fog, Halloween and The Thing all rank way up there for me.
[Reply]
Simply Red 06:49 PM 09-26-2017
Originally Posted by ohiobronco2:
Just finished watching Creepshow 2 a few nights ago. It's been a while since I've seen that. Not really a big fan. The original Creepshow is perhaps the finest horror anthology ever made. Also watched House, I watch it every once in a while, very nostalgic for me. Personally, I'm a sucker for the early Carpenter flicks. The Fog, Halloween and The Thing all rank way up there for me.
I like this.
[Reply]
mdstu 06:58 PM 09-26-2017
Thanks for the ride, lady,
[Reply]
Simply Red 07:08 PM 09-26-2017
Originally Posted by mdstu:
Thanks for the ride, lady,
haha - saw it at the theater with my mother. LOL
[Reply]
Page 15 of 57
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »