ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Nzoner's Game Room>What is your favorite Hot Sauce & Seasonings?
TripleThreat 08:59 PM 08-04-2022
I'm a huge Hot Sauce, and Spices guy. I'm 30 years old and love cooking in the kitchen with a glass of whiskey, tequila, or red wine. If its Italian night I grab the wine. If its Mexican night I grab the tequila, if its steaks & lobster I grab the whiskey. It really just depends

I'm getting better and better in the kitchen. Trial and Error, and I fail ALOT, but I also succeed a lot.

So out of pure interest, what sauces and spices do you guys use the most? What is your GO TO hot sauce, and your go to spice(s)?!

Below have become my Favorite spices.. I actually stopped using Tony Chacheres. I ask because I spend more time in the spice section than anywhere else... Thanks!!

Slap Ya Mama Hot Sauce goes with anything and everything, Pizza, Tacos, Burritos It pairs so well.

Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Below seasoning for almost everything, has a perfect amount of Spice but not too salty like Chacheres. For example when I make a basic pot of buttered noodles when I'm lazy, I just use salted butter and this seasoning and it still comes out perfect, compared to when I used to try to get everything "just right"

Old Bay for various fish dishes, this is more mainstream

[Reply]
Pablo 03:12 AM 09-01-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Scorpion Pepper Salt is great. Got it today. Thanks for the recommendation CP, it made my grilled veggies just awesome.

https://www.amazon.com/Spice-Lab-No-...e-73bfa3ee44fe

Ordered. Got these bad boys in the fancy jarred shit section by the deli at HyVee. Used them in a bloody mary and when you eat them plain they definitely hang around a while. Not ungodly spicy, but really, really tasty. Should be for $9/jar though.

[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:47 AM 09-01-2022
My mainstays :

Hot sauce : Cholula

I like the water based pepper sauces over the vinager-y ones, and Cholula or Tapatio's are in basically any grocery store. 2 of my buddies also make sauces, which are fantastic.

Salsa : my mom's homemade salsa

It's really good insofar as it has fresh homegrown vegetables and spices in it...but my mom will write 'extra hot' on the lid, but it's not. Like, I'll put some of my buddy's hot sauce and Cholula in it to spruce it up...but I don't pay for salsa, and chicks dig it right put of the can, so...

BBQ Sauces : Bryant's Sweet Heat or Gates Extra Hot.

I don't think I need to explain this to anyone from KC. I keep both on deck at all times; any other sauces can and will show up from various places with names like Texas or Memphis...but I keep a taste of home with me at all tomes.

Spices : Gates Extra Spicy
Here's where I throw the change ups - I keep Gates Extra Spicy on deck at all times, but just about anything and everything else can (and will) show up and just about any ol' time.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:49 AM 09-01-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Scorpion Pepper Salt is great. Got it today. Thanks for the recommendation CP, it made my grilled veggies just awesome.

https://www.amazon.com/Spice-Lab-No-...e-73bfa3ee44fe
I would probably actually die.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 08:23 AM 09-01-2022
Tapatio.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:30 AM 09-01-2022
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
I would probably actually die.
As I mentioned above, with the salt you can really modulate it to taste, like to the point where you can count the granules of salt if you really need to. Just the tiniest shake, or tiniest pinch, and it mixes into the entire dish for a noticeable heat. It's only unbearably hot if you use a ton.

So you can shake a tiny bit, the shake a bit more if you find you need more.

[Kind of like the satirical Martini recipe where you pour a glass of Vodka, then you open the bottle of Vermouth and wave your hand over the opening a couple times, then close it back up, so the faint scent is in the room, and boom you have a Martini].

It's really hot on it's own, but since it's salt, which mixes into the entire dish easy, it's the best to use for people who want a little OR a lot.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:44 AM 09-05-2022
If you're into hot bbq sauces, might I recommend Burnt Ends Reverse Sear - Texas BBQ Sauce With Carolina Reaper and 7-Pot Primo Peppers.

Wife brought it back for me from Austin thinking it was regular ol bbq sauce so I didn't pay attention to the label. Ran a slice of brisket through it yesterday and went straight to hiccups.

[Reply]
Fish 09:42 PM 10-06-2022
Another El Yucateco find. This is Yucateco Black Label Reserve. Not quite as hot as the xxxhot above, but this has a really great smoky chipotle-like pepper taste. The flavor is amazing. I found this at Taco Naco market on Metcalf. Highly recommend, as they have some amazing food, drinks, and sauces. Including to-go margaritas.

[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up