ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 86
« First < 678910 111213142060 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Gordon to Chiefs
DaKCMan AP 01:58 PM 09-27-2021

Former All-Pro WR Josh Gordon, who is being reinstated, is planning to sign with the Kansas City Chiefs, sources tell ESPN. His agents, Eric Dounn and Matt Leist from @LAASportsEnt, confirmed Gordon is headed to Kansas City. pic.twitter.com/nqpJXn3oni

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 27, 2021

[Reply]
KCUnited 02:31 PM 09-27-2021
To the chips!
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:31 PM 09-27-2021
He can start if he can catch the ball.
[Reply]
Dante84 02:32 PM 09-27-2021

This was the last reception Josh Gordon made in the NFL, a 58-yard bomb in Week 15 of 2019

652 days ago #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/vcBPs3URus

— Ron Kopp Jr. (@Ron_Kopp) September 27, 2021

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:33 PM 09-27-2021
And FTR, I was always in the camp of:

Bring him in. Can't hurt. Cut him if he's washed or a distraction.

No real downside.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 02:33 PM 09-27-2021
No downside.

Only upside.

How is it desperation to sign someone like him? Did we trade some pick for him? Did we give anything up?

I’m pretty sure we’d be signing him regardless of whether we were 3-0 or 1-2. He has the potential to make us better than Fountain (or Kemp). End of story.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:33 PM 09-27-2021
it’s all upside and no downside. He has no leverage. But, still couldn’t land in a better place for him
Personally.

He was freakishly athletic. He’s still relatively young. It’s a no brainer for him. If he’s clean, in shape….. Mahomes and him could be outstanding.

If he drugs up again, he’s gone without any financial risk. I trust Mahomes, Kelce and the honey Badger to rein him in if he steps out of bounds in the locker room. If they report issues, he’ll be gone.
[Reply]
Boxer_Chief 02:33 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP:
He's 1yr older than Darren Waller.
Also 3 years younger than Antonino Brown and 2 years younger than Julio. It’s a great upside chance.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 02:34 PM 09-27-2021
It's CP reverse mojo. Now we know for the future: If we show that we don't care enough, Schrute Reach will sign 'em!
[Reply]
eastsidedawg 02:34 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
My dude said basically everything I was going to say...

Dude is an addict. That takes a toll on you, but plenty of people with addiction have gotten a handle on it and made things work.

The comparison that comes to mind for me is a baseball one - Josh Hamilton. Before the addiction, truly uniquely gifted athlete. After the addiction, even at 80 percent of his physical abilities, still a great player.

Gordon was so freakishly athletic that even if he is only 80 percent of what he was before, he still can be a really effective player.
:-)

ok ....this signing is just a kick the tires signing this isn't 2013. the guy used to have speed and be able to cut out of his breaks like a much smaller receiver. He lost that after his 2nd reinstatement with Cleveland.

the last time anyone seen him he looked about 235. unless he his sub 220 i wouldn't get any hopes for him.
[Reply]
BigChiefTN 02:34 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) Panic move? The ****? In terms of risk/reward this is a no brainer.
Spot on! There is nothing but potential with this move. I dont see it as desperation, I see it as being opportunistic. In the past we would lose out on opportunities like this because they wanted to play with Brady or Manning…. It’s not like there are any potentially good defenders that are being released from suspension that we could grab instead…
[Reply]
thabear04 02:35 PM 09-27-2021
Does he go to the PS first or 53 man roster?
[Reply]
siberian khatru 02:36 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:

If he could catch the two balls Pringle dropped Sunday ...
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 02:36 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by BigChiefTN:
Spot on! There is nothing but potential with this move. I dont see it as desperation, I see it as being opportunistic. In the past we would lose out on opportunities like this because they wanted to play with Brady or Manning…. It’s not like there are any potentially good defenders that are being released from suspension that we could grab instead…
Receiver is probably the biggest need behind D-Line.

This is a huge upside move at a position of need. How anyone has a problem with this is beyond me.
[Reply]
BigChiefTN 02:36 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
No downside.

Only upside.

How is it desperation to sign someone like him? Did we trade some pick for him? Did we give anything up?

I’m pretty sure we’d be signing him regardless of whether we were 3-0 or 1-2. He has the potential to make us better than Fountain (or Kemp). End of story.
Agreed! And in the past we wouldnt have even had a shot with players like this because they wanted to go play with someone like Brady…
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:37 PM 09-27-2021
He’s going to the practice squad first.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 86
« First < 678910 111213142060 > Last »
Up