ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 21
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Does anyone else think we'll be fine?
Titty Meat 06:10 PM 09-26-2021
Offense isnt going to turn it over this much every game and theres some correctable things on defense to make them a top 20 unit. With some winnable games coming up I don't see reason to worry.
[Reply]
Brody Wa 09:49 PM 09-26-2021
We need a RB that doesn’t fumble the 🏈
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:52 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Even if they hadn't pulled off the last-minute magic, they're already a long way from week one. Certainly a lot more progress than the Chiefs have made in the first three weeks.

And FTR, I'm not yet at the position that the Chiefs coaches can't figure it out, just sober about the enormity of the task at present.

It's not as dire as the Haley years, but it's not as rosy as 'hey, maybe don't fumble so much so we can go to another SB.'
The Packers certainly set the bar low in week 1, not sure there's much pride from a team that was in the NFCCG last season to say they're now showing up to games.

It actually is pretty close to that rosy... 2018's defense gave up 92 points in the first 3 games, but nobody cared because they were 3-0, and they were an offsides or coin flip from going to the SB.

CEH doesn't fumble and the Chiefs put together one more TD drive, and far fewer people give a shit about the defense as it is right now.

If they've proven anything the past two weeks, they have to be really, really bad to lose... and even then they are in the game until the end, and this is the tough part of their schedule.

They don't need a top 10 defense or top 20 defense or top 25... they need something less than a historically bad defense. And they could have won today with three turnovers instead of four.

Lucky for us, we won't have to wait long to see where they're really at... get back on track next week and then it's prime time against the Bills.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:19 PM 09-26-2021
Take away a couple turnovers and they're 3-0, vs three of the top teams in the AFC. That's all that really needs to be said.

Worst case scenario is a repeat of 2018. Powerful offense and garbage D. But I think when it's said and done, the D will be quite a bit better than that.

We all know that teams like the Browns and Ravens have the potential to run all over us. And we know that Herbert's going to get his against virtually anyone. Facing three of the top QBs in the conference in the first three games is obviously going to make your D look worse than it really is. Doesn't help that they've been without 3-4 defensive starters in each game so far.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:21 PM 09-26-2021
Are you entertained?

This is a dream start to a 17 game season for NFL inc....hell, they even have Donk fans interested in their team. They dont want anyone running away with a 14-1 start...there is only one bye.

Rams and Raiders are both 3-0...have to get butts into those new digs.

Chiefs have made Vegas BIG money the past two weeks...

Of the main Prime time games...3 have been decided by 2 points and another went to OT (Ravens/Oakland)...only the Bears/Rams was a clunker.

TV ratings pay the bills...and those kept eyeballs on the screen until the end.

Dont worry...Chiefs will be in the post-season if Mahomes stays healthy.

This is just regular season fodder...they have to keep things interesting.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 10:23 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Are you entertained?

This is a dream start to a 17 game season for NFL inc....hell, they even have Donk fans interested in their team. They dont want anyone running away with a 14-1 start...there is only one bye.

Rams and Raiders are both 3-0...have to get butts into those new digs.

Chiefs have made Vegas BIG money they past two weeks...

Of the main Prime time games...3 have been decided by 2 points and another went to OT (Ravens/Oakland)...only the Bears/Rams was a clunker.

TV ratings pay the bills...and those kept eyeballs on the screen until the end.

Dont worry...Chiefs will be in the post-season if Mahomes stays healthy.
Tell us their script for next week.

Let's bet a bunch of money on your knowledge and we all can get rich as well.

Don't you want to be rich?
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 10:31 PM 09-26-2021
Nope, too much money changing hands and I don't think that the narrative favors Mahomes this year. Maybe next year if we can score a real corner, RB, and 2 legit 3\4 wr, a defensive end who is not constantly broke, another defensive end so Jones can play DT, a legit MLB, maybe a backup thumper. We are fucked this year and probably next. We overpaid on Mahomes. You need depth and quality youth. Instead we are paying Tard to be inactive and Frank Clark to leave guns out in the open and pull both his hamstrings.
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 10:33 PM 09-26-2021
Our division is good this year, we are lucky if we make the WC.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:37 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
Tell us their script for next week.

Let's bet a bunch of money on your knowledge and we all can get rich as well.

Don't you want to be rich?
I made $230 today in my mock bet...the final score was the exact point total I predicted.

Had I used the same experiment against the Ravens...I would have won $220.

I would be at $650 starting with $200...I'm trying to find information about the Cleveland game and apply it.

It's just an experiment....gambling is black-werk.

I dont want to be influencing anyone to bet their money...
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:40 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by Brody Wa:
We need a RB that doesn’t fumble the 🏈

Didn't fumble at all last year but goes two games and fumbles it so I really don't think it's going be a theme of his and he did good with 99 yards rushing and a screen pass TD. He deserves a chance to be successful in this offense he doesn't need replaced at least give him a chance for his second season in the NFL.

You guys give up too soon on players :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:47 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
They don't need a top 10 defense or top 20 defense or top 25... they need something less than a historically bad defense. And they could have won today with three turnovers instead of four.
Funny who NEVER shows their face when the other side of the snarkfest passionately, VEHEMENTLY, scoffs that ABSOLUTELY NO ONE ANYWHERE is satisfied with a shitty defense.

But that's fine, I have the stremph for a two-front war. :-)

If I had a nickel for every argument I've had on this BB where half the people argue that 'no one is saying' and the other half are equally passionately 'saying' at the same time, with no shame, remorse, or recognition between them.

Originally Posted by Bearcat:
The Packers certainly set the bar low in week 1, not sure there's much pride from a team that was in the NFCCG last season to say they're now showing up to games.
But they're showing up, and given your 'conclusion' above, it's odd that you snark about the low standards of Packers fans.
[Reply]
BigChiefTN 10:54 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
13-4, maybe even 14-3.
Sorry- There’s NO freaking way that they only lose 1 or 2 more games
the rest of the season…. Come back to reality..
[Reply]
Shaid 10:56 PM 09-26-2021
We'll improve as the year goes on. It's good to not go in feeling unbeatable and a couple losses should kick people in the ass. Stop being sloppy and get dialed in.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:58 PM 09-26-2021
The Chiefs will clean up their shit and go on a long winning streak at some point in the season... possibly starting next week.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:13 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by BigChiefTN:
Sorry- There’s NO freaking way that they only lose 1 or 2 more games
the rest of the season…. Come back to reality..
I could easily see 13-4. The starters lost 1 regular season game last year, with a garbage O-line for most of the season. I think this roster is better than last year's.

Turnovers have been the difference so far, and there's absolutely no reason to think that will be a season-long issue.

If the Chiefs were the 9-8ish type of team that some think they are, they would have been buried today. 4 turnovers to 0 vs Herbert? A lesser team would have been blown out.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:16 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Take away a couple turnovers and they're 3-0, vs three of the top teams in the AFC. That's all that really needs to be said.

Worst case scenario is a repeat of 2018. Powerful offense and garbage D. But I think when it's said and done, the D will be quite a bit better than that.

We all know that teams like the Browns and Ravens have the potential to run all over us. And we know that Herbert's going to get his against virtually anyone. Facing three of the top QBs in the conference in the first three games is obviously going to make your D look worse than it really is. Doesn't help that they've been without 3-4 defensive starters in each game so far.

They are closer to 0-3 than they are 3-0.

Thank God the Shitstains punter got the yips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 9 of 21
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up