ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 21
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Does anyone else think we'll be fine?
Titty Meat 06:10 PM 09-26-2021
Offense isnt going to turn it over this much every game and theres some correctable things on defense to make them a top 20 unit. With some winnable games coming up I don't see reason to worry.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:54 PM 09-26-2021
We saw this coming last season. Too many last minute drives to win or barely hanging on to win after being up multiple scores. So far our offense has been inconsistent. Turnovers like we are seeing usually go away so I am not too worried about those. However, Patrick has had 2 bad turnovers the last 2 game. Today I know he expected Kelce to keep running but it hurt. Last week it was trying to do too much instead of just taking the sack.

Both led to bad outcomes. He has to calm down a bit. The defense though is so bad I can't see us doing better than 9-8 or 10-7. Unless things change quickly and we get consistent on both sides of the ball it's going to be a rough season.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:56 PM 09-26-2021
The Bears had less than 70 yards of offense today, if you're looking for a little more inspiration as to how we're going to be just fine when we stop turning over the ball.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:58 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
We saw this coming last season. Too many last minute drives to win or barely hanging on to win after being up multiple scores. So far our offense has been inconsistent. Turnovers like we are seeing usually go away so I am not too worried about those. However, Patrick has had 2 bad turnovers the last 2 game. Today I know he expected Kelce to keep running but it hurt. Last week it was trying to do too much instead of just taking the sack.

Both led to bad outcomes. He has to calm down a bit. The defense though is so bad I can't see us doing better than 9-8 or 10-7. Unless things change quickly and we get consistent on both sides of the ball it's going to be a rough season.
Hello Pete
[Reply]
petegz28 09:02 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Hello Pete
So, it's like that, huh?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:06 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Offense isnt going to turn it over this much every game and theres some correctable things on defense to make them a top 20 unit. With some winnable games coming up I don't see reason to worry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:07 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Is another receiving game weapon going to materialize?

I don’t see that happening.

[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:07 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by New World Order:
We need another receiving option.

2022 draft.

[Reply]
Bowser 09:13 PM 09-26-2021
Kelce went for 100 yards. Hardman, CEH, and Fortson caught touchdowns. 10 different Chiefs caught passes.

I'm all for getting a legit #2 WR some way next year, but I don't think the fucking #2 option at wide receiver in 2021 is going to be the position that makes or breaks us.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:13 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Teams are literally dropping 7 and sitting in 2 high which frustrates the Chiefs offense to no end.
Mahomes has to learn to be patient. Teams are counting on Chiefs mistakes on long 10+ play drives.

[Reply]
Gary Cooper 09:15 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Mahomes has to learn to be patient. Teams are counting on Chiefs mistakes on long 10+ play drives.

If they can run the ball effectively like today, that's a big boost. Make other teams have to pick their poison. Question is, can they run well every week?
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:29 PM 09-26-2021
The biggest hope for the defense might be that they decide to give the snaps they're giving to Neimann and Sorensen (and others) to youngsters. Maybe it won't work, but it doesn't seem like these guys are at replacement level anymore. (or in some cases, never were)
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:32 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Packers appear to have 'figgered it oot' PDQ, time will tell if our coaching is up to that standard.
Heh, this almost aged perfectly into a comment about how overreacting to losing a couple games in September is about as silly and premature as saying the Packers have it figured out because they're winning after the first quarter.

Guess they do have it figured out. :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:35 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Heh, this almost aged perfectly into a comment about how overreacting to losing a couple games in September is about as silly and premature as saying the Packers have it figured out because they're winning after the first quarter.

Guess they do have it figured out. :-)
Even if they hadn't pulled off the last-minute magic, they're already a long way from week one. Certainly a lot more progress than the Chiefs have made in the first three weeks.

And FTR, I'm not yet at the position that the Chiefs coaches can't figure it out, just sober about the enormity of the task at present.

It's not as dire as the Haley years, but it's not as rosy as 'hey, maybe don't fumble so much so we can go to another SB.'
[Reply]
DRM08 09:40 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:

He was plenty patient on the drives where Tyreek & Clyde fumbled. Team loss.
[Reply]
Sannyasi 09:42 PM 09-26-2021
The most worrying thing to me is actually Reid's health issues. If Reid is okay, then I'm not worried. We have a lot to figure out, but the talent and coaching is there.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 21
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up