ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 21
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Does anyone else think we'll be fine?
Titty Meat 06:10 PM 09-26-2021
Offense isnt going to turn it over this much every game and theres some correctable things on defense to make them a top 20 unit. With some winnable games coming up I don't see reason to worry.
[Reply]
ROYC75 07:56 PM 09-26-2021
I think we get to 12, but I see the Chargers @ 11. I see Buffalo at 11, 12 if we lose to them.

We do need to start putting this thing together!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:58 PM 09-26-2021
Depends what your definition of fine is.

The bye appears to be off the table.

I think as things presently are we are good enough to be a WC team.

Patrick is good enough to will us into the SB ala Rodgers at that point, but it is far more likely if we get the bye.

I need to see the defense jump 10 spots in the rankings before I feel "fine." The offense cannot overcome this defense at this point.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:05 PM 09-26-2021
The biggest problem this team has is Chris Jones and Frank Clark are not contributing like they did the last two seasons.

Frank is done physically, I believe. His decline started last year. Now his body is running on fumes.

The move outside has fucked up Jones. He is not nearly as dominant out there. He flashes, but there is no consistency.

When you take away that much contribution on the d-line there is a huge trickle down effect, and Niemann and Bolton are huge liabilities at LB. So it is what it is. I do like the back end of the D a lot, but they cannot hold up with what amounts to 4 positions in the front seven being out of whack.

If we had Kareem and Sammy maybe we're 3-0 but we don't so we're not.

Gotta get the D to just below average for this team to have a shot.
[Reply]
ROYC75 08:08 PM 09-26-2021
Even though he was hurt a lot, Sammy added a dimension to our offense that we don't have, a solid # 2.
[Reply]
DRM08 08:12 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

Patrick is good enough to will us into the SB ala Rodgers at that point, but it is far more likely if we get the bye.

I need to see the defense jump 10 spots in the rankings before I feel "fine." The offense cannot overcome this defense at this point.
Need to fix the turnover problem on offense.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:14 PM 09-26-2021
This team responds best when their back is to the wall. May be a blessing in disguise after all the nonsense 17-0 talk. I like when mahomes gets fired up.

Our OL is still brand new. Our defense ALWAYS gets better as the season progresses. We gotta hope Noah gray comes along and I really hope the Chiefs start working in Noah gray. And guess what, we're not gonna have many windy days like today. Not to mention we've played three excellent teams so far.

And I doubt veach is done. He knows we need a WR2. There's plenty of season left. We'll be fine.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:16 PM 09-26-2021
Defense gave up 70 points in the first four games last year.

The "defense always starts slow!!!" excuse doesn't fly. They are just bad.

I think Veach saw the issue with Clark coming and tried to fix it by moving Jones, and signing Reed, and neither of those moves have paid off so far.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:17 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

Agree because the defense is bad. But am I the only one thinking our offense is plodding and lacks any tempo? We need to go more up tempo maybe no huddle and don't let the defense get set so it can free up Hill more
[Reply]
lcarus 08:17 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
This team responds best when their back is to the wall. May be a blessing in disguise after all the nonsense 17-0 talk. I like when mahomes gets fired up.

Our OL is still brand new. Our defense ALWAYS gets better as the season progresses. We gotta hope Noah gray comes along and I really hope the Chiefs start working in Noah gray. And guess what, we're not gonna have many windy days like today. Not to mention we've played three excellent teams so far.

And I doubt veach is done. He knows we need a WR2. There's plenty of season left. We'll be fine.
At least they've started finally using Fortson near the end zone. And of course it paid off immediately.
[Reply]
Zhawk 08:25 PM 09-26-2021
The offense won’t keep turning it over like this and I really like how they are starting to run to football effectively. Protection is a work in progress. There was a time or two where PM needed to step up and to the left and he went to his old habit of retreating to his right. As the OL and PM jell we will be super tough with our new found running attack.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:27 PM 09-26-2021
13-4, maybe even 14-3.
[Reply]
TEX 08:38 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by arrwheader:
This team has flaws but both games were lost by turnovers and things not bouncing our way. We had a run of good luck and fortune in close games for a looong time it's just not gonna happen evey year.

Bottom line is we don't turn the ball over 4 times today then we win. Last week we win we don't turn the ball over. These turnovers have cost us two games. I think they will get that fixed.

Mahomes is stepping up into the Pocket more and trying to do things differently imo. He might be over thinking things and maybe needs to start doing more of what he's used too. The offensive line still gelling I think they get better every week.

Defense looked better to start the game, they were gassed because of the turnovers and that certainly didn't help. We were also missing some starters and get Gay back this week. I think they improve.

Teams are going for it on 4th down a lot against us, yea defense has struggled there but most of these teams hate us and are giving us everything. I think it's cought up a bit to the Chiefs mentally I think it gets exhausting and leads to some judgement lapses.

It's early we weren't going undefeated, disappointing to look at the standings right now but it's a long season. Chiefs are too good to keep losing and they have one of the toughest schedules this year.

Turnovers won't happen like this at this clip. We will go on to win many games.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
But you're ignoring the game we won, was by the turnover...
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 08:40 PM 09-26-2021
yes , the chiefs will be fine

we will win the division

CHIEFS WILL
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:41 PM 09-26-2021
Last week I though we would still win the one seed by two games. I guess maybe we still will by one game. But I think what I’m starting to be most concerned about is that our passing game doesn’t seem to be getting many big gains or being consistent from the pocket. Everything seems to only come from Mahomes running around which just isn’t reliable for consistent drives. I’m not sure if the issue is receivers, Mahomes, plays, blocking or what but it just doesn’t look right.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:44 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Reasons why we will be fine:

1)We're starting 3 rookies on the offensive line
2)We've never been a turnover prone team. This is an aberration.
3)We have a bunch of new faces on the defense and several young players. Miscommunication and mental mistakes will become less so as the season goes on and they learn.
4)This first stretch of the season is particularly tough. It eases up some in a couple of weeks.
5)Willie Gay returns next week. That means less Niemann. Now if only Thornhill could get in the damned game and bench Sorensen.
6)Mahomes is still Mahomes.

Hello Chris
[Reply]
Page 7 of 21
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up