ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 21
« First < 81415161718 192021 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Does anyone else think we'll be fine?
Titty Meat 06:10 PM 09-26-2021
Offense isnt going to turn it over this much every game and theres some correctable things on defense to make them a top 20 unit. With some winnable games coming up I don't see reason to worry.
[Reply]
arrwheader 08:22 PM 09-27-2021
It's simple. We lost two games in a row because we gave the ball away at critical times. Some one said it earlier. Take the emotion out of it and it's that simple, we lost those games because of the turnovers.

Easy to see the defense give up TDs after a turnover and blame them but go back to why they were up against it in the first place.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:31 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Mahomes was the reason we lost that game? What in the actual fuck?
Actually, my wording was poor. Mahomes was more at fault for that loss than any other in his career. Was he the primary reason we lost? That's more of a stretch.
[Reply]
DRM08 08:35 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Mahomes was more responsible for that loss than any other in his entire career. His bar is that high.
Rams game was much worse. Mahomes directly gave the Rams 21 points. Tyreek, Kemp, and Clyde deserve just as much blame as Mahomes for the Chargers loss.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 08:36 PM 09-27-2021
Never having experienced it as a Chiefs fan before... what does paying the QB 1/2 Billion dollars do to the rest of the team? I know he's the most important player on the team yet these guys are human. Is there any resentment or jealousy? isn't this what typically happens to teams once they pay the QB (Seattle?).

I'm more concerned with the lack of depth; free agent signings and trading drafts for players are great when you manage to get the better end of the deal however, how is that determined? Drafting our first players at the end of the second (basically third) round doesn't seem like a winning formula.

Are we experiencing a senior slump? Just how motivated can the players really be?

I don't want the Chiefs turning into the Marino Dolphins...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:52 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Pretty sure having Josh Shaw (who???) covering Gronk late in the 4th quarter was the biggest problem with that game. Thanks, D, for giving up 500yds in that one.
Mahomes got his ass kicked in the first half of that game. Belichick had him going full retard.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:45 PM 09-27-2021
This needs to be the teams theme song

https://youtu.be/uIbXvaE39wM
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:48 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
All the more reason to put Jones back inside.

- Clark (IF healthy and available)
- Reed
- Jones
- Okafor

is miles better than

- Clark
- Reed
- Nnadi
- Jones

imho. Jones is just THAT good inside, and Veach thought he could paint over the Clark foible this year and beginning next year by moving an All-Pro talent to a position where he may not even be a borderline Pro Bowler. Bite the bullet and put your best lineup out there.
This is where I’m at too. Jones is a disruptive force in the middle. The Tackles are just too much for Jones apparently. He needs to go back inside, and know he’s still getting paid big bucks, so shutup. What has he done from the DE position thus far vs what he did at DT in previous years? I guess my only concern with moving him back is he has dropped weight to play DE. Will he be as effective at DT at his current lighter weight?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:57 AM 09-28-2021
Despite what we might feel emotionally about Sunday's game, the defense was much, much better at a lot of things. Stopping the run, for instance, where they went from historically bad to 3.5 ypc and 77 yards.

Yes the pass rush is a problem, and yes, the red zone defense is a problem.

They were also gassed early as we turned the ball over 3 straight possessions. And we were down what....like 4 guys.

They were put in a pretty impossible position. They won't be terrible for long, and I expect improvement each game as the season goes on.

We're not going to turn the ball over 4 times per game either. And frankly, if we hadn't done that, we'd have wiped the floor with The Chargers and everyone would be talking about how dominant we were.

But we didn't, and we aren't, and we are what we are.

They'll get it turned around.
[Reply]
Coogs 04:36 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Despite what we might feel emotionally about Sunday's game, the defense was much, much better at a lot of things. Stopping the run, for instance, where they went from historically bad to 3.5 ypc and 77 yards.

Yes the pass rush is a problem, and yes, the red zone defense is a problem.

They were also gassed early as we turned the ball over 3 straight possessions. And we were down what....like 4 guys.

They were put in a pretty impossible position. They won't be terrible for long, and I expect improvement each game as the season goes on.

We're not going to turn the ball over 4 times per game either. And frankly, if we hadn't done that, we'd have wiped the floor with The Chargers and everyone would be talking about how dominant we were.

But we didn't, and we aren't, and we are what we are.

They'll get it turned around.
I'm not sure I buy that theory in this one. One turnover was after a 10 play drive, and the other 2 were 5 and 6 play drives. The 20 yard return and penalty on CEH for a low block on the "fumble" by Hill gave the Chargers good field position. As did the fumble by Clyde. Two 50 yard drives was probably more responsible for points than fatigue.
[Reply]
Why Not? 06:47 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
Never having experienced it as a Chiefs fan before... what does paying the QB 1/2 Billion dollars do to the rest of the team? I know he's the most important player on the team yet these guys are human. Is there any resentment or jealousy? isn't this what typically happens to teams once they pay the QB (Seattle?).

I'm more concerned with the lack of depth; free agent signings and trading drafts for players are great when you manage to get the better end of the deal however, how is that determined? Drafting our first players at the end of the second (basically third) round doesn't seem like a winning formula.

Are we experiencing a senior slump? Just how motivated can the players really be?

I don't want the Chiefs turning into the Marino Dolphins...

Nah. If I recall correctly, Wilson allegedly came across as smug and holier than thou to some of his team. Everyone on the Chiefs seems to love Mahomes and he comes across as a true leader. Secondly, it would be one thing if Mahomes sucked and was making 1/2 billion. But, he is making everyone else $$$. Resenting him would be beyond idiotic.

Marino's Dolphins never won a Super Bowl, so we've already eclipsed that mark. If you want to worry about us becoming Rodger's Packers or Brees's Saints, I guess that's another discussion. But it's probably early for that even.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:56 AM 09-28-2021
The INT in the Super Bowl didn't help his case with his teammates. Not to mention a couple of them were just straight up head cases that can't get jobs today because of their toxic personalities.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:05 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by whats good:
teams like the chargers and raiders...are going to be a big big issue for the chiefs...i wouldnt be so sure about another sb
Faders fans with no concept of how their season goes, after all these years is hilarious. You’re the Faders, you win some early then fade back to mediocrity. Their fans beat their chests for a few weeks, then disappear from social media once the Fade starts to happen. Then it’s your turn to watch the team who has made your team their bitch for decades, win another SB, while you kick your dogs, and scream loudly at your TV with tears in your eyes. IS GRUDEN GONE YET?? Then a few months later, you get yourselves all hyped up again heading into the draft, then preseason champs, then the season starts, and ...... back to the beginning of the cycle of Fade.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:11 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
The INT in the Super Bowl didn't help his case with his teammates. Not to mention a couple of them were just straight up head cases that can't get jobs today because of their toxic personalities.
I'm out of the loop on this convo: what are we referring to here?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:42 AM 09-28-2021
To OP:

Sure do.

The Chiefs really should be 2-1 with a loss to the Browns and wings against the Ravens.

Weird things happen sometimes, and sometimes they last an entire season. But I wouldn't expect it.

It sucks that the Chiefs lost to the Chargers. It makes the season harder. But they also moved the wall mostly at will, were -4 in turnovers, and still lost by a single score.

It sucks that the Chiefs lost to the Ravens. It makes the season harder.

But I do wonder... is the team better in the end because it lost these games and is less "comfortable" and actually works on things?

Do they bring in Gordon if they're 3-0?

Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
They're talking about the Super Bowl the Seahawks lost because Wilson threw an INT in the end zone.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:43 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Russell Wilson and Seattle.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 21
« First < 81415161718 192021 >
Up