ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Best weed killer for lawns with rocks landscaping
scho63 12:03 PM 03-19-2021
The last two weeks the weeds have come out and grown with vengeance all over the lawn between all the rocks.

I need to find something that will kill it all and last.

I prefer to have a ready-to-use product rather than a concentrate to mix in a sprayer I would have to buy.

The ground is hard and dry here in AZ so not sure if it is wise to water a little first before applying the weed killer.

I know Ortho and Roundup are the two big ones many homeowners use.

I don't have a huge yard but have weeds coming up all over. I'm sure the landscapers didn't put down a tarp to block the weeks or it was done poorly.

Any advice appreciated.
[Reply]
scho63 10:14 AM 05-26-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Now that you have the flaming aids tree figured out, next time try the anti-freeze...
No way - my poison resistant weeds would not only enjoy it, they would become heat resistant and prevent me from burning them. :-)
[Reply]
REDHOTGTO 06:30 PM 05-27-2021
what i use and it lasts most of the season here, and its wet till late july, is glyphosate aka generic roundup and ecompozar which is a sterilizer. glypho kills the weeds and ecomp keeps them dead. good luck
[Reply]
booger 02:37 PM 09-27-2021
Got a similar situation with a rock garden like Scho. But also have a retaining wall flower bed type deal that’s only 2-3 feet tall at moms house and she wants me to kill off everything so she can start new with her choice of plants and shrubs.

I’ve had luck using 45-75% vinegar diluted and mixing with a cup of salt, cup of borax, and dish soap. It’s a YouTube recipe out there that’s free of roundup ingredients etc. I used it in the brick paver spot she has and the rock garden with good luck.

My question is can I harm the soil for future plants/shrubs this spring with any of those ingredients? I’m in Iowa (great rich soil) and will probably kill it off in the next week. So by April/may should the soil be alright to add new plants/shrubs safely?
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:42 PM 09-27-2021
The best weed killer is Josh Gordon.
[Reply]
D.A.P. 02:48 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Heh.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:49 PM 09-27-2021
Is Seven legal these days?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:50 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

[Reply]
gblowfish 02:51 PM 09-27-2021
My dad had rock landscaping in Arkansas. He used a propane flame thrower and just burned them out of rock. Got rid of all the pine needles that way too.
[Reply]
KS Smitty 02:59 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by booger:
Got a similar situation with a rock garden like Scho. But also have a retaining wall flower bed type deal that’s only 2-3 feet tall at moms house and she wants me to kill off everything so she can start new with her choice of plants and shrubs.

I’ve had luck using 45-75% vinegar diluted and mixing with a cup of salt, cup of borax, and dish soap. It’s a YouTube recipe out there that’s free of roundup ingredients etc. I used it in the brick paver spot she has and the rock garden with good luck.

My question is can I harm the soil for future plants/shrubs this spring with any of those ingredients? I’m in Iowa (great rich soil) and will probably kill it off in the next week. So by April/may should the soil be alright to add new plants/shrubs safely?
The acidity of the vinegar and salinity of the salt that remains in the soil after treatment and the amount of rain/snow and wind you get over the winter will determine that. I would suggest taking soil samples to your local extension office in the spring to see what, if any, remains and amending the soil to "fix" it.
[Reply]
booger 03:03 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by KS Smitty:
The acidity of the vinegar and salinity of the salt that remains in the soil after treatment and the amount of rain/snow and wind you get over the winter will determine that. I would suggest taking soil samples to your local extension office in the spring to see what, if any, remains and amending the soil to "fix" it.
That makes plenty of sense and sounds like a smart idea. I could actually scoop out most of the soil and just replace it. It’s not a huge amount. Thanks!
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 04:02 PM 09-27-2021
for rocks, 365 (as opposed to the normal, that only is contact killer).. imo.

https://www.amazon.com/Roundup-Contr...s%2C234&sr=8-5
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:07 PM 09-27-2021
Glyphosate and Specticle.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 04:10 PM 09-27-2021
A landscaper?
[Reply]
R8RFAN 07:56 PM 09-27-2021

[Reply]
scho63 08:36 AM 10-15-2022
Finally found the best weedkiller: I put an ad on Craigslist on Tuesday and hired a Mexican to pull all my weeds for $100.

Problem solved.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up