ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Best weed killer for lawns with rocks landscaping
scho63 12:03 PM 03-19-2021
The last two weeks the weeds have come out and grown with vengeance all over the lawn between all the rocks.

I need to find something that will kill it all and last.

I prefer to have a ready-to-use product rather than a concentrate to mix in a sprayer I would have to buy.

The ground is hard and dry here in AZ so not sure if it is wise to water a little first before applying the weed killer.

I know Ortho and Roundup are the two big ones many homeowners use.

I don't have a huge yard but have weeds coming up all over. I'm sure the landscapers didn't put down a tarp to block the weeks or it was done poorly.

Any advice appreciated.
[Reply]
Fish 03:49 PM 03-19-2021

[Reply]
Valiant 04:48 PM 03-19-2021
I rock my walmart flame thrower for the weeds. Costs like 20bucks and hooks up to a propane tank.
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:52 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
It’s $60 man. And it should keep at least for a few years. I have more than that in every acre I farm.

And you have no idea the degree to which I hate weeds.
Wow, a few years would be great, at least in the areas that are far away from things I'd like to keep alive.

And acreage.
[Reply]
tredadda 05:21 PM 03-19-2021
https://www.amazon.com/Mana-Pramitol...6179841&sr=8-6

Read the directions. It’s serious business.
Lol. I got a "This item can't be shipped to your delivery location, please select another delivery location". Colorado doesn't like that stuff.
[Reply]
tredadda 05:31 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:

:-) That's also a highly effective weed eater.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:35 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Wow, a few years would be great, at least in the areas that are far away from things I'd like to keep alive.

And acreage.
Heh. I meant on the shelf. Like several years worth of applications out of a jug. But if you lay it on thick enough you can probably get a couple years out of it.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:41 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Lol. I got a "This item can't be shipped to your delivery location, please select another delivery location". Colorado doesn't like that stuff.
If you fancy a trip east I can get you some. I’m only 4 hours from you.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:46 PM 03-19-2021
they are using goats to get rid of buckthorn. been doing it for years
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:50 PM 03-19-2021
Heh. I meant on the shelf. Like several years worth of applications out of a jug. But if you lay it on thick enough you can probably get a couple years out of it.
Aww fuck, it expires?!
[Reply]
eDave 05:52 PM 03-19-2021
I've come across 3 people in Phoenix that have a couple of goats each in their yards to maintain the grass. There's lot's of livestock zoning in Phoenix proper still.
[Reply]
tredadda 05:54 PM 03-19-2021
If you fancy a trip east I can get you some. I’m only 4 hours from you.
Yeah, but if it's not available here there is a reason for it. Reckon it is not worth whatever fines if caught. Plus my yard is not very big and my wife plants flowers everywhere. It was more just humorous as I clicked the link to see what it was and that's what Amazon told me in big red letters. :-)
[Reply]
tredadda 06:00 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
I've come across 3 people in Phoenix that have a couple of goats each in their yards to maintain the grass. There's lot's of livestock zoning in Phoenix proper still.
Funny enough but when I lived in Ft Collins I added soil to my yard as I was trying to get the front and back looking good so I bought multiple truckloads full (at least as much as my 2001 Tacoma could carry in multiple trips). I was unaware at the time that there was a difference between filtered and unfiltered top soil so I just bought top soil (clearly it was unfiltered) and put it in my yard. Bad move as before long my yard was overrun with creeping Charlie's. It was my endless battle every year just to keep them under control. Had my area been less residential I would have gotten a goat to do it for me as I had heard about their effectiveness at removing weeds. I am pretty sure had I did that though the city would have fined me when my neighbors complained.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 06:08 PM 03-19-2021
Tri-mec for creeping charlie

Hell, I was in the yard today. Grass is not growing but found a patch of clover doing well.. Get the 24d from the basement
[Reply]
mlyonsd 06:23 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:

Hell, I was in the yard today. Grass is not growing but found a patch of clover doing well.. Get the 24d from the basement
I've found that 2-4-D with the active ingredient like Trimec dimethylamine salt works better than the basic 2-4-D like Amine that has Dichlorophenoxyacetic acid for clover. Although clover can be a bitch.

WTH, I'm a lot further south than you and my entire yard is still pretty dormant.
[Reply]
tredadda 06:29 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:

Might use that if I ever go back to that house.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Up