ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Best weed killer for lawns with rocks landscaping
scho63 12:03 PM 03-19-2021
The last two weeks the weeds have come out and grown with vengeance all over the lawn between all the rocks.

I need to find something that will kill it all and last.

I prefer to have a ready-to-use product rather than a concentrate to mix in a sprayer I would have to buy.

The ground is hard and dry here in AZ so not sure if it is wise to water a little first before applying the weed killer.

I know Ortho and Roundup are the two big ones many homeowners use.

I don't have a huge yard but have weeds coming up all over. I'm sure the landscapers didn't put down a tarp to block the weeks or it was done poorly.

Any advice appreciated.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:52 PM 03-19-2021
https://www.amazon.com/Mana-Pramitol...6179841&sr=8-6

Read the directions. It’s serious business.
[Reply]
scho63 01:16 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
https://www.amazon.com/Mana-Pramitol...6179841&sr=8-6

Read the directions. It’s serious business.
That's a little more than I need. :-)

You must really hate weeds! :-)
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:33 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
Ortho is a brand, not a specific product.

It depends what you are trying to kill.

Glysophate will kill everything it touches. There are a ton of broadleaf killing products on the market...just make sure the label says that it targets whatever weed(s) you need to kill. If you are targeting a specific grass (not a broadleaf). Things get markedly more difficult and expensive.

If you want lasting impact, use the post emergent herbicide now and then hit it with a pre emergent now and again in the fall - it will stop seeds from germinating.
Do you, like, teach high school chemistry loochy?
[Reply]
tatorhog 01:37 PM 03-19-2021
we have a spot that was hard to mow so we terraced it off, put down paper, and rocked it. Couple times a year I'll broadcast Preen on it, and for the rando broadleaf weed that does come up, I'll mix up a little 2-4d. If it happens to be anything else, I'll spot spray with generic glysophate.

Overall it stays pretty clean, and the stuff she wants to keep in it stays safe if you aren't out jackassing around when you spot spray.
[Reply]
loochy 01:43 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
No, I'm a systems engineer.

I'm pretty experienced in doing lawn stuff for the last 30 or so years. My dad taught me a lot as a child
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:47 PM 03-19-2021
I've used prodiamine as a pre-emergent the past couple years and then glysophate as a weed killer.... the pre-emergent was a huge help last year for someone who saw rock yards as low maintenance before moving here. :-)
[Reply]
TRR 02:00 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
Ortho is a brand, not a specific product.

It depends what you are trying to kill.

Glysophate will kill everything it touches. There are a ton of broadleaf killing products on the market...just make sure the label says that it targets whatever weed(s) you need to kill. If you are targeting a specific grass (not a broadleaf). Things get markedly more difficult and expensive.

If you want lasting impact, use the post emergent herbicide now and then hit it with a pre emergent now and again in the fall - it will stop seeds from germinating.
:-)
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 02:07 PM 03-19-2021

[Reply]
chinaski 02:08 PM 03-19-2021
Go to Wal-Mart and buy a jug of "Total Vegetation Killer", it's Glyphosate/generic Round-Up. You can buy a bottle type or backpack sprayer at either Wal-Mart or Harbor Freight for 10 or 15 bucks. Mix according to the instructions. This is a much more cost effective than buying the premixed Roundup brand.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 02:10 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
You definitely need Brawndo
It's got electrolytes
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:12 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
That's a little more than I need. :-)

You must really hate weeds! :-)
It’s $60 man. And it should keep at least for a few years. I have more than that in every acre I farm.

And you have no idea the degree to which I hate weeds.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 02:15 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by TRR:
Ortho ground clear works better for weeds growing in rock beds than the aforementioned brands. In my experience at least.
This. GroundClear works longer than Roundup, lasts ~6 months on weeds.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 02:17 PM 03-19-2021
I liked when dad would mix the last of the 24d and roundup for fence rows

Force weeds to grow and die at the same time
[Reply]
eDave 02:20 PM 03-19-2021
Francisco Sanchez.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:36 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
That would be botany. Most of the herbicide options are amino acid inhibitors.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up