ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 7
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Best weed killer for lawns with rocks landscaping
scho63 12:03 PM 03-19-2021
The last two weeks the weeds have come out and grown with vengeance all over the lawn between all the rocks.

I need to find something that will kill it all and last.

I prefer to have a ready-to-use product rather than a concentrate to mix in a sprayer I would have to buy.

The ground is hard and dry here in AZ so not sure if it is wise to water a little first before applying the weed killer.

I know Ortho and Roundup are the two big ones many homeowners use.

I don't have a huge yard but have weeds coming up all over. I'm sure the landscapers didn't put down a tarp to block the weeks or it was done poorly.

Any advice appreciated.
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:05 PM 03-19-2021
WEEEEEEED
[Reply]
petegz28 12:07 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
The last two weeks the weeds have come out and grown with vengeance all over the lawn between all the rocks.

I need to find something that will kill it all and last.

I prefer to have a ready-to-use product rather than a concentrate to mix in a sprayer I would have to buy.

The ground is hard and dry here in AZ so not sure if it is wise to water a little first before applying the weed killer.

I know Ortho and Roundup are the two big ones many homeowners use.

I don't have a huge yard but have weeds coming up all over. I'm sure the landscapers didn't put down a tarp to block the weeks or it was done poorly.

Any advice appreciated.
If you don't have any other plants then Roundup. If you do then Weed-B-Gone. Might have to do two treatments.
[Reply]
TRR 12:08 PM 03-19-2021
Ortho ground clear works better for weeds growing in rock beds than the aforementioned brands. In my experience at least.
[Reply]
loochy 12:11 PM 03-19-2021
Ortho is a brand, not a specific product.

It depends what you are trying to kill.

Glysophate will kill everything it touches. There are a ton of broadleaf killing products on the market...just make sure the label says that it targets whatever weed(s) you need to kill. If you are targeting a specific grass (not a broadleaf). Things get markedly more difficult and expensive.

If you want lasting impact, use the post emergent herbicide now and then hit it with a pre emergent now and again in the fall - it will stop seeds from germinating.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 12:15 PM 03-19-2021
Diesel fuel?
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 12:24 PM 03-19-2021
Do you want a selective herbicide that won't kill grass? Or do you want scorched earth motherfucker?

Selective = 2,4-D broad leaf killer sold by Southern Agriculture. buy a pressure sprayer and have a day. READ INSTRUCTIONS TO MIX. A selective herbicide can become non-selective if mixed incorrectly.

scorched earth = round up.
[Reply]
ghak99 12:33 PM 03-19-2021
You're probably looking for a sterilizer. We used to use something called Sahara. The name was very fitting. You should be aware that some sterilizers will travel, so any root systems that get to it can have serious issues.

Roundup hasn't killed "everything" for years and will do absolutely nothing for the weeds that will piss you off when they come up few weeks from now.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 12:40 PM 03-19-2021
You definitely need Brawndo
[Reply]
tredadda 12:40 PM 03-19-2021
Gasoline, a match, and once the fire is out sow the soil with salt.
[Reply]
scho63 12:47 PM 03-19-2021
No grass all rocks. Scorched earth approach.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 12:47 PM 03-19-2021
Preen Weed pre-Emergent killer. Does not allow weeds to germinate and grow. Worked well in the garden.
[Reply]
scho63 12:49 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Gasoline, a match, and once the fire is out sow the soil with salt.
Don't think it hasn't crossed my mind. :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:50 PM 03-19-2021
Primatol if it’s a rock garden.
[Reply]
scho63 12:50 PM 03-19-2021
Is it advisable to wet the weeds first with a little water to soften the soil or just blast away with the product?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 7
1 2345 > Last »
Up