ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2091 of 2687
« First < 1091159119912041208120872088208920902091 20922093209420952101214121912591 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:50 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Some interceptions literally do not matter. Interceptions matter WHEN and WHERE they happen. If you decide you don't want to throw or take chances on 3rd and long in close games - what you end up with is Alex Smith.

Mahomes can and does routinely make those plays on 3rd and long or 3rd and 8. It's one thing if he's throwing picks on 1st and 2nd downs. He's not.

It's one thing if he's throwing picks when we are up multiple scores and we need to protect a lead. He's not.

It's rarely an egregious mistake if you throw a 20+ yard throw on 3rd down and it's picked off when you are in a close game and if you are not in FG range. It is essentially just like a punt. Sure it's a shorter punt, but if you neuter this type of aggressiveness you are forgetting all of the other plays where you get a PI on an aggressive throw or you get one of those Rodgers or Mahomesesque completion to keep the chain moving.

In fact, if your defense sucks like ours does, I would agrue that you need to play even MORE aggressively because once you give the ball back to the other team they are just going to score anyway. It doesn't really matter if it's a 40 yard punt or a 28 yard interception, if it's 3rd or 4th down. Now if it's 4th down territory and you throw a pick on 3rd down not so good, but none of those are examples of that.
I understand what you're saying but you're off base here.

Pat threw the INT while we were up 11 and driving at Baltimore (trying to protect the lead) and the no look to Kemp (that drive almost certainly would have yielded 3 or 7 points).

I'll give you the 4th quarter arm punt on 3rd down. Pat's earned the benefit of the doubt there and I'll assume that no one was open and he was just trying to make the play to win the game.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:08 PM 09-27-2021
Monday Night Countdown going to be talking with Alex Smith about if interceptions are becoming a problem for Mahomes.

Should be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:22 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Yep. Patrick should have to swallow his pride a bit in the film room this week. Should Kemp of caught it? Yes. Was a no-look throw necessary? Absolutely not.
Mahomes must have thought it was or he would not have done it. Kemp not only missed it-he flailed at the ball and knocked it upwards. A terrible effort from a Jag.

Stupid bandwagon fans are losing their shit over this.

"Mahomes only cares about making SPorts Center!" :-)
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:06 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Monday Night Countdown going to be talking with Alex Smith about if interceptions are becoming a problem for Mahomes.

Should be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mahomes has 3 INT’s this season and one was that bullshit tipped pass.

Brady has 2 INT’s and the media’s golden child Herbert has 3 INT’s.
[Reply]
Molitoth 06:25 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Mahomes has 3 INT’s this season and one was that bullshit tipped pass.

Brady has 2 INT’s and the media’s golden child Herbert has 3 INT’s.
Lamar Jackson had 2 HORRIBLE INT's in the same game we lost... and the media crowned him the "Real MVP".
[Reply]
Why Not? 07:27 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Mahomes must have thought it was or he would not have done it. Kemp not only missed it-he flailed at the ball and knocked it upwards. A terrible effort from a Jag.

You won't find a bigger Kemp fan on this board than I am. That was 100% on Kemp. NFL receiver has to make that catch 100% of the time. Would not be surprised if he is cut once Gordon is ready.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:57 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I understand what you're saying but you're off base here.

Pat threw the INT while we were up 11 and driving at Baltimore (trying to protect the lead) and the no look to Kemp (that drive almost certainly would have yielded 3 or 7 points).

I'll give you the 4th quarter arm punt on 3rd down. Pat's earned the benefit of the doubt there and I'll assume that no one was open and he was just trying to make the play to win the game.

QBs in this league SHOULD probably throw more INTs on 3rd and long when they are not in FG position. Possession matters more than field position. Back in the 80s and 90s when defenses were stopping people maybe not, but in todays NFL. You should go for two almost every time in the 1st half. You should go for it on 4th down almost every time unless you are deep deep in your own territory. You play to win the game, hello?

The Chiefs and Patrick Mahomes are also forcing other teams to play this way. You think if they were playing the Jets or the Bears the Chargers would have went for it on 4th and 4 or 4th and 9 instead of kicking a FG? Hell no. They are scared as **** that Mahomes will get the ball and drive down the field and score. The Chiefs are forcing teams to play analytically correct football.

You know how I felt when I found out the Chargers were going for it instead of kicking a FG? Like a balloon out of air.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:05 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:

Oh, I don't think he wants to make Sportscenter and I think an NFL wideout needs to catch that ball. I think he has super-heroic athletic abilities on the football field but sometimes he doesn't need to go full super-saiyan in order to have success on the field. I believe it comes naturally to him and sometimes he goes for home-runs when making contact is all he needs to do, as it were.

Still my QB for life.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:07 AM 09-28-2021
If you want the heroic play against CLE you gotta live with the INT against SD.

It is what it is.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:09 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Oh, I don't think he wants to make Sportscenter and I think an NFL wideout needs to catch that ball. I think he has super-heroic athletic abilities on the football field but sometimes he doesn't need to go full super-saiyan in order to have success on the field. I believe it comes naturally to him and sometimes he goes for home-runs when making contact is all he needs to do, as it were.

Still my QB for life.
Kemp is not wide open if he doesn't look off the LB who was staring at Mahomes.

Kemp needs to catch that ball or at least make a much better effort. That is why he's a JAG.

We need to stop being so results oriented. Shit happens. You can't win 'em all. We are going to win 12 to 14 football games.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:11 AM 09-28-2021
Kemp is not wide open if he doesn't look off the LB who was staring at Mahomes.

Kemp needs to catch that ball or at least make a much better effort. That is why he's a JAG.

We need to stop being so results oriented. Shit happens. You can't win 'em all. We are going to win 12 to 14 football games.
I think Sammy Watkins or (hopefully) Josh Gordon makes this entire conversation irrelevant anyway.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:15 AM 09-28-2021

QBs in this league SHOULD probably throw more INTs on 3rd and long when they are not in FG position. Possession matters more than field position. Back in the 80s and 90s when defenses were stopping people maybe not, but in todays NFL. You should go for two almost every time in the 1st half. You should go for it on 4th down almost every time unless you are deep deep in your own territory. You play to win the game, hello?

The Chiefs and Patrick Mahomes are also forcing other teams to play this way. You think if they were playing the Jets or the Bears the Chargers would have went for it on 4th and 4 or 4th and 9 instead of kicking a FG? Hell no. They are scared as **** that Mahomes will get the ball and drive down the field and score. The Chiefs are forcing teams to play analytically correct football.

You know how I felt when I found out the Chargers were going for it instead of kicking a FG? Like a balloon out of air.
I get what you're saying but only one of Pat's three INTs this season was a 3rd down arm punt, dude. The first one was a ridiculously risky, dumbass play and the second was a result of him unnecessarily complicating things.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:28 PM 09-28-2021
Shitty read, Patrick.

Mahomes INT. Either he thinks Kelce will carry the fire drill route a little bit further or the wind got the pass. #JacobsEyeInTheSky pic.twitter.com/19ca7c6jAZ

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) September 29, 2021

[Reply]
Bowser 09:31 PM 09-28-2021
Yeah, damn. Just throw that away.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:40 PM 09-28-2021
should have fired it to kelce when his back foot hit, or the out to tyreek
[Reply]
Page 2091 of 2687
« First < 1091159119912041208120872088208920902091 20922093209420952101214121912591 > Last »
Up