ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 69 of 488
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379119169 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 03-13-2022
Legal tampering period begins tomorrow, March 14th. Throw all of your rumors and moves in here.

Obviously, for the people who hate mega threads, feel free to create a new thread for larger moves and anything Chiefs.

DANIEL SORENSEN IS NO LONGER ON THIS TEAM!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:54 PM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Man that 2018 Saints draft…

Marshon Lattimore
Ryan Ramczyk
Marcus Williams
Alvin Kamara
Trey Hendrickson

That’s gotta be one of the best drafts in a long time
Sweet Jesus!

And they lost 2 of those guys due to absolutely bungling the hell out of the cap.

Can't just be a scout if you're gonna run a team, fellas.
[Reply]
O.city 01:54 PM 03-15-2022
White and Smith added to the defense along with Reid definitely makes you more athletic.

I think you need 2 more pass rushers though, maybe one in the middle.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:54 PM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
KYZIR!!!!

I'm telling y'all - he is a letter perfect addition and at exactly the right stage of his career to outplay the deal.
And I knew you’d be happy seeing that name pop up.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:55 PM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Hoping Lloyd drops to us
We don't really need another highly-drafted LB. We play a lot of nickel and you'll be investing in a position where you'd have a lot of draft resources standing on the sideline.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:55 PM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
If I had to guess the positions in the first three rounds, it would be:

CB
S
DE
OT

I think they want to get Smith at DE in FA along with a FA WR. They’ll grab another WR in the draft but it will be later on. Obviously if one they like falls…I could see it happening.
Switch S and DE for me, but pretty much.

I could also see LB instead of OT, with an OT coming from free agency.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:56 PM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Switch S and DE for me, but pretty much.

I could also see LB instead of OT, with an OT coming from free agency.
Well I wasn’t putting them in the order. Just as they came into my head.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:56 PM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
So the question looms, if the top edge rushers, receivers, and corners are all gone (which honestly feels likely) how could they pass on Dax?

You can start him inside day 1 and get an instant impact while allowing Sneed to move outside, which they flirted with last year.

Long term, he could also be your replacement for Thornhill.

He would also be incredible value at 30.
Not gonna get me there.

I mean he wouldn't be a bad pick, but he's still just a safety and he ain't Derwin James.

I mean the top FA S on the market got 70% of what a perennial underachieving WR got. He made almost exactly what Ward made. It's clearly not as highly valued a position.

I just don't think he's even a 'regular' value there - he's...fine. He might be the BPA at that spot but he very easily could not be.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 01:58 PM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
We don't really need another highly-drafted LB. We play a lot of nickel and you'll be investing in a position where you'd have a lot of draft resources standing on the sideline.
You blitz him, rush the passer, cover the tight end.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:59 PM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
You blitz him, rush the passer, cover the tight end.
And who are you sending to the bench? Bolton or Gay?
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 01:59 PM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
My god :-)

is this a real question
[Reply]
staylor26 02:00 PM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Not gonna get me there.

I mean he wouldn't be a bad pick, but he's still just a safety and he ain't Derwin James.

I mean the top FA S on the market got 70% of what a perennial underachieving WR got. He made almost exactly what Ward made. It's clearly not as highly valued a position.

I just don't think he's even a 'regular' value there - he's...fine. He might be the BPA at that spot but he very easily could not be.
Maybe I’m being hyperbolic with “incredible”, but when we talk about “what if all ___ are gone” and we all say “somebody will fall”, in that scenario, if Hill is there, he’s probably that guy.

I mean, maybe it’s Wyatt, and if so that’s obviously better value, but I don’t see it.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 02:02 PM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
And who are you sending to the bench? Bolton or Gay?
The coaches did it last year and brought Nieman in. They obviously don't think either is a good fit.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:02 PM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
White and Smith added to the defense along with Reid definitely makes you more athletic.

I think you need 2 more pass rushers though, maybe one in the middle.
White and Reid over Niemann and Mathieu is a MASSIVE upgrade in athleticism.

And really, your heavy Nickel is going to bring Bolton off the field and man you have a lot of athleticism there w/ Gay and White.

Regarding an interior pass rusher, I think Rasheem Green is probably your best bet there. He's really an inside/outside sort of player who can line up where you need him. And like I said, I really kind of feel like Bilal Nicols could be a hell of a get, especially if he doesn't cost much more than Nnadi would.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:05 PM 03-15-2022
I kind of miss the “old days” of free agency when you’d go to KFFL.com and track free agents visiting teams.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:05 PM 03-15-2022

The Jets have agreed to terms with former Bucs S Jordan Whitehead, sources tell @espn. Another proven starter for the secondary. #Jets

— Rich Cimini (@RichCimini) March 15, 2022

Thought he would get more. Good signing by the Jets.

2 years, $14.5 million.
[Reply]
Page 69 of 488
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379119169 > Last »
Up