ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 37
« First < 212728293031 32333435 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Let's talk WRs
OldSchool 09:52 AM 09-19-2014
Who's your top ranked receiver right now?

For me, the most pro-ready and best all around prospect at WR is Amari Cooper. He would come in and immediately start across from Bowe and eventually replace him as the primary WR.

What's wrong with Sammy Coates?

The guy has all of the tools in the world, I would equate him to Vernon Davis but at the WR position, but he hasn't produced much at all this season. Coates isn't even close to being his team's leading receiver so I'm not going to blame it on the scheme. Physically, Coates looks like a top 10 pick but his production is that of a mid to late rounder. Where would you take him?

Any thoughts on Coates' teammate, D'haquille Williams?

There is a massive difference in production between he and Sammy Coates so far this year; yes, this could be entirely due to Coates being injured from the Arkansas game but Coates only caught one pass in that game and dropped a possible TD pass despite playing 52 snaps against the Razorbacks. Williams is a JUCO transfer with good size, speed, and explosiveness, though not on the same level as Coates as far as pure physical ability goes. Is he a potential #1 WR or just a 2 at best?

Does DGB declare? If so, do you even dare to touch him given his off-field issues?

Despite not playing this season, I think that there is a real possibility that DGB does declare for the 2015 NFL draft; he just doesn't seem like the type of person who would be willing to go through another year of college over getting paid as a pro athlete. If he does declare, what round would you be willing to take a risk on him? The guy has had problems with at least two key NFL issues, abuse of women and weed. DGB has top 5 talent but an off-field reputation that would have him banned from the league if he had committed those acts as a Pro.

Do Jaelen Strong, Kevin White, or Devante Parker have enough speed to be potential #1 WRs? If not, are their other gifts good enough for them to be close to what Larry Fitzgerald has been in the league?

Is Stefon Diggs actually that fast? When I watch him, I don't see the same dimension of speed that guys like Jackson, Wallace, etc have. I'll be very curious to see what he actually runs at the Combine.

Who are you guys keeping your eyes on this year at the WR position?
[Reply]
KevB 09:52 PM 04-05-2015
There were 5 WR's taken in the 1st last year, another 7 in the 2nd round. 3 more in the 3rd.

If this year's draft is similar, that means Lockett/Dorsett/Hardy/McBride grouping may last into the 3rd, but it would be a roll of the dice to wait that long for a WR.

On the other hand, with so many receivers taken early in last year's draft, perhaps the demand for receivers isn't quite as high. I'd love to be able to go with two of MLB/CB/OL in the first two rounds, as those positions aren't as deep as WR. But we've got to upgrade the WR corps.
[Reply]
kcbubb 10:27 PM 04-05-2015
Miami pro day article & video. Dorsett's change of direction and separation ability is unreal.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...in-425-seconds
[Reply]
kccrow 10:29 PM 04-05-2015
15 receivers in the first three rounds with 12 in the first 2?

You're looking at likely:

1. Cooper
2. White
3. Parker
4. Strong
5. Green-Beckham
6. Perriman
7. Agholor
8. Smith
9. Greene
10. Lockett
11. Dorsett
12. McBride
13. Coates
14. Hardy
15. Lippett

At best you might have McBride, Hardy, Lippett grouping available in the 3rd, maybe Coates (I think he's being WAY overrated on draft sites).

You'd have to bank on your statement that maybe demand won't be quite as high and some slip through.

My thought is that the Chiefs need to grab one in the 2nd at least if they are getting one of the top 15 and also fits their offense.

I'd be happy with Chris Conley or Kenny Bell who are slated as 4th rounders at this point, although I think Conley goes before the end of the 3rd, but then the bottom drops out to where I only value a few late guys.
[Reply]
kcbubb 10:41 PM 04-05-2015
Nice article by eagles site with 3 videos on Dorsett. Actually mentioned chiefs as good fit for him in 2nd video.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/ne...6-12ed77e58f29
[Reply]
KevB 11:43 PM 04-05-2015
Originally Posted by kccrow:
15 receivers in the first three rounds with 12 in the first 2?

You're looking at likely:

1. Cooper
2. White
3. Parker
4. Strong
5. Green-Beckham
6. Perriman
7. Agholor
8. Smith
9. Greene
10. Lockett
11. Dorsett
12. McBride
13. Coates
14. Hardy
15. Lippett

At best you might have McBride, Hardy, Lippett grouping available in the 3rd, maybe Coates (I think he's being WAY overrated on draft sites).

You'd have to bank on your statement that maybe demand won't be quite as high and some slip through.

My thought is that the Chiefs need to grab one in the 2nd at least if they are getting one of the top 15 and also fits their offense.

I'd be happy with Chris Conley or Kenny Bell who are slated as 4th rounders at this point, although I think Conley goes before the end of the 3rd, but then the bottom drops out to where I only value a few late guys.
I generally agree. I think Funchess fits in there somewhere --- someone will decide they can create favorable matchups with him. There's bound to be another receiver or two that sneaks in there earlier than we expect. Conley, Waller, Devante Davis....someone like that. But I think the top 12 are gone before our first 3rd rounder, and anyone after that probably can't be expected to have an impact in their rookie year.
[Reply]
KevB 11:50 PM 04-05-2015
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
Nice article by eagles site with 3 videos on Dorsett. Actually mentioned chiefs as good fit for him in 2nd video.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/ne...6-12ed77e58f29
I don't think there's any way he gets to us in the 2nd. Too many WR needy teams at the top of the 2nd that will be enchanted with his speed. Raiders, Jets, Bears, Browns, 9ers, Dolphins, Vikings could all pull the trigger on him. Paul Richardson came out of nowhere to be taken early in the 2nd last year, primarily based on his speed.
[Reply]
Direckshun 02:10 AM 04-06-2015
Dorsett ran a 4.2.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:43 AM 04-06-2015
2nd round: Algohor, Dorsett or Devin Smith

3rd-5th round: Lockett or Hardy
[Reply]
OldSchool 09:45 AM 04-06-2015
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Dorsett ran a 4.2.
His 4.2 I can believe a lot more than Perriman's. Dorsett actually looks that fast.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:57 AM 04-06-2015
Devin Smith or Phillip Dorsett?

I think I like Dorsett more. He explodes off the line quicker and seems to be better in the crossing routes
[Reply]
Bowser 09:59 AM 04-06-2015
Originally Posted by Dicky McElephant:
2nd round: Algohor, Dorsett or Devin Smith

3rd-5th round: Lockett or Hardy
I'd take it, but I don' think Lockett for one is making it out of the second. His speed and route running will get him snatched up.

Agholor intrigues me. All those guys do. Agholor/Lockett/Dorsett/Hardy would all make me happy. Devin Smith is the guy I'm not sure about. Love his speed, but is that all his game is, just a fly route guy?
[Reply]
Saccopoo 10:19 AM 04-06-2015
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I'd take it, but I don' think Lockett for one is making it out of the second. His speed and route running will get him snatched up.

Agholor intrigues me. All those guys do. Agholor/Lockett/Dorsett/Hardy would all make me happy. Devin Smith is the guy I'm not sure about. Love his speed, but is that all his game is, just a fly route guy?
Actually, that's all Dorsett has been to this point. And his hands are questionable. Has never run anything at Miami other than the fly.

You could get the same guy in Atwan Goodley and Goodley will be a few rounds cheaper.

However, if you are looking for a big play guy that provides a bit of a different type of receiver than Albert Wilson (who is darn near identical to guys like Goodley and Dorsett, so their inclusion to the roster would be somewhat redundant), there's Dres Anderson, who, in 2013, led the NCAA's in 40+ yard plays. Smart kid too. (4x All-Conference academic.)

People have forgotten about him because of the injury, but he was considered a top-100 type guy going into the 2014 season.

[Reply]
Direckshun 02:54 PM 04-06-2015
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Devin Smith or Phillip Dorsett?

I think I like Dorsett more. He explodes off the line quicker and seems to be better in the crossing routes
I'd probably take Smith, just because he's still useful in the red zone.

Dorsett is crazy fast, and undersized. We've already got that guy in Thomas and Wilson.

We need more guys who can still challenge in the red zone.
[Reply]
OldSchool 03:56 PM 04-06-2015
People saying that you could get a guy like Dorsett later on are full of it. You can't teach the kind of speed that he has. He could come here and make DAT look normal, that's how fast he is. And his hands are more than good enough; if he had played with a decent college QB, we'd be talking about Dorsett as a sure 1st round pick right now just like people were on Cooks' nuts last year.
[Reply]
BigChiefFan 05:28 PM 04-07-2015
Originally Posted by OldSchool:
The more I hear and see of White, the more of it I'm buying. Late 1st to 2nd round pick? I would not mind having the next Larry Fitzgerald on the team.
I doubt he makes it out of the top 5. Many have him ahead of Cooper, myself included.
[Reply]
Page 31 of 37
« First < 212728293031 32333435 > Last »
Up