ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 69 of 167
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379119 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs?
Dante84 01:21 PM 04-29-2021

Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

More on NFL Live now....

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 29, 2021

#Packers GM Brian Gutekunst to ESPN: "As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond. Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) April 29, 2021

Originally Posted by :
Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to return to Green Bay Packers, sources say
Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

The Packers are aware of his feelings, concerned about them and have had team president Mark Murphy, general manager Brian Gutekunst and head coach Matt LaFleur each fly out on separate trips to meet with Rodgers at various points this offseason, sources told ESPN.

"As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond," Gutekunst told ESPN. "Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

Rodgers has not budged this offseason, but neither have the Packers, who have made it known they are not interested in trading Rodgers anywhere.

The San Francisco 49ers called the Packers on Wednesday night, a source told ESPN, and the Los Angeles Rams inquired about Rodgers in January before they traded for Matthew Stafford.

The Packers quickly dismissed the Rams' overtures, the source said.

The Packers have offered to extend Rodgers' contract, sources told ESPN.

Rodgers is unhappy for a variety of reasons, with some of it dating back to last year's draft when the Packers didn't inform him before trading up to draft a quarterback with their first-round pick. Some took this as a sign that his days in Green Bay could he numbered.

He also is at a different point in his personal life, having recently gotten engaged to actress Shailene Woodley. Rodgers also has hosted "Jeopardy!" and said it would be a dream to become the full-time host. He could play football and host Jeopardy! together.

Rodgers has made cryptic comments about his future in Green Bay, but he has told others that he does not want to return.

On draft night, the Packers' biggest issue isn't who they land, but whether they can keep the former NFL MVP.

Rodgers' contract contained a $6.8 million roster bonus due in March. It could have been converted into a signing bonus that would have freed up more than $4.5 million in salary-cap space for this season but instead it "vested as scheduled," a source told ESPN at the time. It's listed as an automatic conversion in Rodgers' contract but even that has to be signed off on by both parties. It's not known if the Packers tried to convert and Rodgers refused to sign off on it, or if they did not attempt a conversion.

[Reply]
ModSocks 11:51 AM 05-11-2021
Another stupid fucking Bills fan that thinks the AFCCG was rigged:

Originally Posted by :

RECORD: 5/5 ATS. 1/3 ML picks. Check history and previous write ups. 4/4 ATS on write ups on NFL.

Yes, I know my posts are outrageous and I sound crazy.

If I lose this one, I won't go silent, I'll be on here and I'll admit what I posted about Mahomes fake concussion was crazy and will admit I got fooled and I'll take it all on the chin. For this game I almost got suckered into taking the Bills, but the Mahomes fake concussion saved me from making a terrible bet on the Bills.

OK here goes.

I want Buffalo to win (I think if this was not rigged and they played for real and refs don't interfere, they are the better team) and thought it was going to be Bills vs Browns AFC Championship. But since it's KC, NFL not going to let them pass.

My bet will be

KC -3

( will hedge a tad with KC to win by exactly 1-6 points and bet KC in play at evens or as a dog if Buffalo leads) When Bills lead, you can probably get Chiefs as a dog on live bet, I suggest you take it. This can be an erratic game back and forth with many lead changes one possession whoever has the ball last type of game. Books very stingy on KC money won't be surprised if they exactly win by exactly 3. Possible overtime game too. But they WILL WIN (That's why I will add on live bet if I see anything better than -3)

Books will try to recover their loss on Chiefs on live in play bet. **** THEY WILL MAKE IT LOOK LIKE BUFFALO IS ABOUT TO WIN OR HAS A CHANCE TO WIN, THEN MAHOMES MAKES A COMEBACK. THIS WILL BE A VERY STRESSFUL GAME FOR CHIEFS BACKERS BUT THEY SHOULD EVENTUALLY COME THROUGH.

Mahomes like it or not is a bit overrated. He's very good but he's not the best and not above the elite qbs yet like Rodgers or Brady like people are saying. People are saying he's the best qb in the league now, but that's not true. So in that sense, he is overrated. Not saying he's bad, but the reason he looks good is because of the genius of Andy Reid's schemes and his playmakers at skill position. Buffalo has a better defense. The lines reflect that. Vegas respects Buffalo with this line. But this is the spot where you shouldn't be sharp or try to be sharp.

If you try to be sharp you will find that BUFFALO IS THE BETTER TEAM. JOSH ALLEN IS THE BETTER QB. THIS IS ACTUALLY TRUE. BUT UNFORTUNATELY NFL IS GOING TO LET MAHOMES AND CHIEFS WIN and go back to the SB for a chance to repeat. Useless to get into analytics and stats. Those go out the window for this one. The useful numbers you should look at are :

Josh Allen 400k followers on IG. Mahomes 4.1 million. Nobody outside of football fans really knows who Josh Allen is. Who do you think the rigged NFL going to let advance to the big game?

[Reply]
ModSocks 11:54 AM 05-11-2021
Ya'll motherfuckers aren't special, independent thinkers. You're a dime a dozen. And EVERY fan base has them. And every time their team loses, it's because rigged.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:57 AM 05-11-2021
Games aren't rigged, but they are ABSOLUTELY steered towards a certain result. If you don't see that, you have your head up your ass.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:57 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Ya'll mother****ers aren't special, independent thinkers. You're a dime a dozen. And EVERY fan base has them. And every time their team loses, it's because rigged.
I would think propping up the young Mahomes would be more what the NFL would want if it were rigging things. Jeebus, after the black QB segments and black history lead in...
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:59 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Games aren't rigged, but they are ABSOLUTELY steered towards a certain result. If you don't see that, you have your head up your ass.
So the SB was steered towards a blowout?

What does the NFL gain from having their most watched, prized game turn into a complete dud?
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:00 PM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I would think propping up the young Mahomes would be more what the NFL would want if it were rigging things. Jeebus, after the black QB segments and black history lead in...
If the NFL could have their choice of storylines you can bet your ass it woulda been Mahomes vs Rodgers in the SB.
[Reply]
Mennonite 12:09 PM 05-11-2021
If the NFL could have their choice of storylines you can bet your ass it woulda been Mahomes vs Rodgers in the SB.

No matter what the match-up the NFL will create a story. It's just good business.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:13 PM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Why didn't they do that in the superbowl then? They forgot?
For starters, I’m not saying it happens consistently. I think it seems to happen most when TV contracts are up for renewal.

But I don’t think they were too concerned about everyone tuning out because the Chiefs were down a few scores. Every NFL fan knows that Mahomes digs out of holes like that every other game. Hell, there were probably more people who tuned in when they found out KC was in danger of losing than those who tuned out.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:16 PM 05-11-2021
For whatever reasons (probably many), Brady gets the calls. At an insanely disproportionate and suspicious level. Can we at least admit this?

I’d think they’d have favored the State Farm Bowl too, but its hard to go wrong with the “GOAT vs future GOAT” storyline. It’s becoming a pretty good rivalry. They might want to milk as much as possible out of it til Brady hangs it up.

And I’m not saying they were planning ahead, but imagine the ratings for a grudge match next season.
[Reply]
Mennonite 12:19 PM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
For whatever reasons (probably many), Brady gets the calls. At an insanely disproportionate and suspicious level. Can we at least admit this?

Brady being a bundle of sticks is the one thing that all (non TB/Pats) fans can agree on.
[Reply]
TEX 12:30 PM 05-11-2021
Lol, that doesn't make it NOT OPI.

The ****ing dude had full extension of his arm for christ sake.
In the context of the play, it sure does... IF you go back and watch it, you'll see that Sorenson grabbed Kittle's arm 10 yards before the ball got there. The only reason why Kittle "pushed off" was because his arm was being held. It was tick-tacky and IMO a break for KC. That's what I meant when I said I've seen many, just like it, not get called.

Again, I was clearly on your side before my cousin, who is a 49'ers fan, pointed it out to me. But, you're on a roll - and nobody seems to be able to tell you anything today, so process it however you want.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49...-super-bowl-54
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:37 PM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
In the context of the play, it sure does... IF you go back and watch it, you'll see that Sorenson grabbed Kittle's arm 10 yards before the ball got there. The only reason why Kittle "pushed off" was because his arm was being held. It was tick-tacky and IMO a break for KC. That's what I meant when I said I've seen many, just like it, not get called.

Again, I was clearly on your side before my cousin, who is a 49'ers fan, pointed it out to me. But, you're on a roll - and nobody seems to be able to tell you anything today, so process it however you want.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49...-super-bowl-54
All that matters is what the ref saw. And the ref saw an extended arm and that's OPI.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:52 PM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
The game was called the same on both sides against the Bills.
Ha... sounds familiar, I've used that line around here before too.
[Reply]
TEX 01:14 PM 05-11-2021
All that matters is what the ref saw. And the ref saw an extended arm and that's OPI.
Yep. You're correct.
BUT then, in the context of what's been discussed today regarding how games are affected / pushed by the refs/league; Once can ask - What he saw, or what he chose to see? Maybe the refs were instructed to call OPI that day? Who knows? My point is that after I really took a look at the paly again, IMO KC got a huge break, which helped them go on to win the Super Bowl.

You and I just see things differently, and I have no problem with that. You're right far more times than I am around here anyway.
[Reply]
TEX 01:15 PM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Ha... sounds familiar, I've used that line around here before too.
Yea, but you're a Mule Tool, so it doesn't count. :-)
[Reply]
Page 69 of 167
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379119 > Last »
Up