ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 167
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs?
Dante84 01:21 PM 04-29-2021

Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

More on NFL Live now....

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 29, 2021

#Packers GM Brian Gutekunst to ESPN: "As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond. Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) April 29, 2021

Originally Posted by :
Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to return to Green Bay Packers, sources say
Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

The Packers are aware of his feelings, concerned about them and have had team president Mark Murphy, general manager Brian Gutekunst and head coach Matt LaFleur each fly out on separate trips to meet with Rodgers at various points this offseason, sources told ESPN.

"As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond," Gutekunst told ESPN. "Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

Rodgers has not budged this offseason, but neither have the Packers, who have made it known they are not interested in trading Rodgers anywhere.

The San Francisco 49ers called the Packers on Wednesday night, a source told ESPN, and the Los Angeles Rams inquired about Rodgers in January before they traded for Matthew Stafford.

The Packers quickly dismissed the Rams' overtures, the source said.

The Packers have offered to extend Rodgers' contract, sources told ESPN.

Rodgers is unhappy for a variety of reasons, with some of it dating back to last year's draft when the Packers didn't inform him before trading up to draft a quarterback with their first-round pick. Some took this as a sign that his days in Green Bay could he numbered.

He also is at a different point in his personal life, having recently gotten engaged to actress Shailene Woodley. Rodgers also has hosted "Jeopardy!" and said it would be a dream to become the full-time host. He could play football and host Jeopardy! together.

Rodgers has made cryptic comments about his future in Green Bay, but he has told others that he does not want to return.

On draft night, the Packers' biggest issue isn't who they land, but whether they can keep the former NFL MVP.

Rodgers' contract contained a $6.8 million roster bonus due in March. It could have been converted into a signing bonus that would have freed up more than $4.5 million in salary-cap space for this season but instead it "vested as scheduled," a source told ESPN at the time. It's listed as an automatic conversion in Rodgers' contract but even that has to be signed off on by both parties. It's not known if the Packers tried to convert and Rodgers refused to sign off on it, or if they did not attempt a conversion.

[Reply]
comochiefsfan 11:59 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
That's what I expect too but just kind of laying out what I think is possible if they don't.

I'd much rather they leave it haha. I don't really want Rodgers in the division, no matter how short the duration. He would instantly make Denver a contender, no question. They have good weapons that Rodgers would find that Lock doesn't and the defense was top 5 against the pass and rush a year ago and haven't gotten worse.
We have Patrick Mahomes.

If you're scared of ANYBODY, including Aaron Rodgers then you need to grow a pair.

No one is beating Mahomes.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:01 AM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He's annoyed that he's 37 and playing at an MVP level while his team is busy not signing any FAs and drafting guys that will never play.

This board would meltdown if Mahomes was 37 and playing that well and the team have him no help.
Drafting a JAG QB with a 1st rounder instead of a stud WR or Olineman would piss me off, too.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:32 AM 04-30-2021
Mercedes Lewis is the only 1st round pick Aaron Rodgers has ever thrown a TD pass to according to ESPN.

That can’t be real.

Just, wow.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 04:18 AM 04-30-2021
What a clown show of an organization.

When I was a kid everyone gave me a hard time for being a Chiefs' fan in Green Bay. Told me I was crazy.

Oh how the tide has turned. The Chiefs are the best run organization in the NFL committed to nothing but winning Super Bowls, and the Packers are run by a bunch of ego driven, penny pinching con men.

It's just too good.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 04:19 AM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Green Bay acts like Rodgers isn't good and they need to play for 3 years down the line... meanwhile Rodgers carries a cast of bums to back to back NFC title games..

Front office responds by making the team worse and not spending money each time.
I think it's a testament to Rodgers passivity that he hasn't demanded a trade before now.

What the Packers have done to Aaron Rodgers for basically his entire career is criminal.

If the Chiefs supported Mahomes the way the Packers have supported Rodgers, Chiefsplanet would be flying banners every single year.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
siberian khatru 06:27 AM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Mercedes Lewis is the only 1st round pick Aaron Rodgers has ever thrown a TD pass to according to ESPN.

That can’t be real.

Just, wow.
And he wasn’t even drafted by the Packers.
[Reply]
tredadda 06:51 AM 04-30-2021
I hope Rodgers does follow through. He has plenty of money and he has stated he would like to host Jeopardy full time. There is no better time to do that than now while screwing GB over with no QB or draft picks they could have gotten for him.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:07 AM 04-30-2021
I don't understand why in today's day and age EVERYONE is ALWAYS on the players side. They signed a fucking contract. You play out your fucking contract. The organization doesn't owe you anything. They don't need to hold your hand and tell you when they are going to draft a QB. They don't need to tell you their plan going forward. They pay you millions to play fucking football.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:18 AM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I don't understand why in today's day and age EVERYONE is ALWAYS on the players side. They signed a fucking contract. You play out your fucking contract. The organization doesn't owe you anything. They don't need to hold your hand and tell you when they are going to draft a QB. They don't need to tell you their plan going forward. They pay you millions to play fucking football.
Do you share that same sentiment with regards to your employer? Also teams will cut a player under contract in a moments notice. It's garbage logic to think players should "soldier on" because they signed a contract while the team has no requirement to let them play it out themselves.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:19 AM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
We have Patrick Mahomes.

If you're scared of ANYBODY, including Aaron Rodgers then you need to grow a pair.

No one is beating Mahomes.
Ridiculous line of thinking. Aaron Rodgers is no less than the 2nd best QB in the NFL behind Mahomes, if there's really any difference in overall skill.

I'd much rather the potential to meet Rodgers in the SuperBowl than play him a minimum of twice a year and compete against him for the division.

Not only has Rodgers proven he can beat Mahomes, but he would also inject a legitimate chance KC doesn't win the division.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:23 AM 04-30-2021
Competitive nature. The Packers haven't spent a day 2 pick on a WR since a 2015 on Montgomery, who was converted to RB and is now a Saint. DeVante Adams in 2014 is the only guy still on the roster. There is a void of talent. Meanwhile, they have missed wildly on TEs in the 3rd, drafted RBs they didn't need, and his replacement. He has some reasoning to not be a happy guy. If not for Rodgers, that team would be lucky to have won 6 games a year.

In the last 5 drafts for GB, they have now spent 3 1s and 3 2's on DBs.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:28 AM 04-30-2021
I don't understand why in today's day and age EVERYONE is ALWAYS on the players side. They signed a ****ing contract. You play out your ****ing contract. The organization doesn't owe you anything. They don't need to hold your hand and tell you when they are going to draft a QB. They don't need to tell you their plan going forward. They pay you millions to play ****ing football.
Aaron Rodgers doesn’t owe that shit franchise jack shit. And yeah man go ahead and treat your franchise MVP QB like shit.

How’s that working out for Seattle and Houston again?

The Packers are a dumpster fire. They are the epitome of what not to do when you get an elite QB
[Reply]
New World Order 07:31 AM 04-30-2021
They need to flip a pick or 2 for Julio and make him happy
[Reply]
O.city 07:32 AM 04-30-2021
When you have an elite QB like that, yeah, you cater to them. Comes with the territory.
[Reply]
rocknrolla 08:04 AM 04-30-2021
Montana agreed to a three-year, $10 million deal with the Chiefs, taking $5 million less than what the Cardinals offered him. The 49ers agreed to send Montana, a 1993 third-round pick, and safety David Whitmore to the Chiefs for their first-round pick (No. 18 overall).

For whatever its worth.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 167
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Up