ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 225 of 295
« First < 125175215221222223224225 226227228229235275 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:25 AM 11-11-2021
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
so is he the bellcow this week?
I don't think he's practicing yet. He was designated to return, but I haven't seen him on the roster yet (that's why he's not on injury reports).

Without a full week of practice, Andy usually won't play guys.

I would be surprised if he plays much at all this week.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:27 AM 11-11-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I don't think he's practicing yet. He was designated to return, but I haven't seen him on the roster yet (that's why he's not on injury reports).

I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t come back until after the bye week.
[Reply]
cmh6476 10:58 AM 11-11-2021

They reported he and Kyle long were out practicing yesterday, and CEH has been designated for return.
[Reply]
cmh6476 11:00 AM 11-11-2021
https://twitter.com/TheChiefsWire/st...cYBOqJd8Q&s=19
[Reply]
cmh6476 11:02 AM 11-11-2021
https://twitter.com/McKenzieMNelson/...5DcnBzr0A&s=09
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:03 AM 11-11-2021
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
https://twitter.com/TheChiefsWire/st...cYBOqJd8Q&s=19
As far as I know, there's no 'suggesting' to it. I believe it's hit the wire that he was designated to return.

But that gives them 3 weeks to actually pull him off the IR. It doesn't mean they've done it yet or will do it imminently. I would be surprised if they do.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:05 AM 11-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
The worst runs come from under center because everyone in the stadium knows we're about to run the ball.

It's not a good thing for us to do, as we might as well just tell the defense what's coming before the snap.
Makes me think of the old Tecmo Bowl games when the defense called the right play and they all crashed the line and sack the QB before he had a chance to hand off or pass.
[Reply]
cmh6476 11:12 AM 11-11-2021
As far as I know, there's no 'suggesting' to it. I believe it's hit the wire that he was designated to return.

But that gives them 3 weeks to actually pull him off the IR. It doesn't mean they've done it yet or will do it imminently. I would be surprised if they do.
He looks decent moving around in that video on the Twitter link
[Reply]
cmh6476 02:05 PM 11-11-2021
here is the embed:

#Chiefs: Clyde Edwards-Helaire returned to practice today. He’s been on the IR since October 12 after straining his MCL during Week 4 against Buffalo. pic.twitter.com/mDY3XUTSJQ

— McKenzie Nelson (@McKenzieMNelson) November 10, 2021

[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 03:58 PM 11-11-2021
That stat that showed how many points the Chiefs score with and without Clyde is very interesting. Ten point difference per game.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 04:24 PM 11-11-2021
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
That stat that showed how many points the Chiefs score with and without Clyde is very interesting. Ten point difference per game.
Hard to believe he makes that much of a difference though...I dunno, that's interesting.
[Reply]
-King- 04:28 PM 11-11-2021
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Its intellectual dishonesty at it's very best.

The reason for less points scored is because of Mahomes issues, not anything to do with missing CEH.

The Chiefs averaged 30+ without Tyreek in 2019. Using this logic, CEH is more important than Tyreek because we dipped 10 points without CEH and really didn't dip at all without Tyreek.
[Reply]
Marcellus 05:25 PM 11-11-2021
There were three critical plays not made by runningbacks on Sunday that probably get made by CEH.

The 3rd and 2 pass to McKinnon where he got isolated 1v1 against a CB. If he makes the CB miss, he goes for 25 yards (the playcall was good - there was NOBODY behind him). Even if he squares his shoulders and gets low, he plows forward for 5 yards and a first. Instead McKinnon got his feet knocked out from under him and went straight down. CEH is shifty - I'm not sure he gets the clean miss for 25 but he absolutely gets down and drives forward for a 1st down at about the 50 yard line.

The 3rd and 1 run from Gore was just AWFUL. They had an easy 1st down there if he just follows his pulling G (Thuney). Instead he bounced left, into the teeth of the defense and the extra man that opened up by Thuney's pull. Stuffed at about the 50, punt.

And the throw to Williams near the goal-line. I was floored he didn't get that angle but he's just soooooo slooooooow. That was a walk-in TD for a genuine starting caliber back. CEH gets that one easy because he's up to speed pretty quickly. Williams, OTOH, just spun his wheels, lost the angle and was brought down. After the subsequent false start we had to kick a field goal.

That's 4 points and 2 first downs at mid-field, all attributable to a different 'alternative' to CEH and all plays that I'm fairly certain CEH makes.

CEH isn't an elite runningback but he's not a lousy one. And our alternatives are, frankly, pretty lousy.

The Chiefs shouldn't have drafted CEH where they did but they still need him.
It appears you watched the same game breakdown I did.

Mahomes was doing what everyone said he needs to do, players were just losing 1 on 1 battles they shouldn't have
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 05:57 PM 11-11-2021
There were three critical plays not made by runningbacks on Sunday that probably get made by CEH.

The 3rd and 2 pass to McKinnon where he got isolated 1v1 against a CB. If he makes the CB miss, he goes for 25 yards (the playcall was good - there was NOBODY behind him). Even if he squares his shoulders and gets low, he plows forward for 5 yards and a first. Instead McKinnon got his feet knocked out from under him and went straight down. CEH is shifty - I'm not sure he gets the clean miss for 25 but he absolutely gets down and drives forward for a 1st down at about the 50 yard line.

The 3rd and 1 run from Gore was just AWFUL. They had an easy 1st down there if he just follows his pulling G (Thuney). Instead he bounced left, into the teeth of the defense and the extra man that opened up by Thuney's pull. Stuffed at about the 50, punt.

And the throw to Williams near the goal-line. I was floored he didn't get that angle but he's just soooooo slooooooow. That was a walk-in TD for a genuine starting caliber back. CEH gets that one easy because he's up to speed pretty quickly. Williams, OTOH, just spun his wheels, lost the angle and was brought down. After the subsequent false start we had to kick a field goal.

That's 4 points and 2 first downs at mid-field, all attributable to a different 'alternative' to CEH and all plays that I'm fairly certain CEH makes.

CEH isn't an elite runningback but he's not a lousy one. And our alternatives are, frankly, pretty lousy.

The Chiefs shouldn't have drafted CEH where they did but they still need him.
The Chiefs YAC overall on short passes was non-existent in the Green Bay game but especially in the screen game with Darrel and McKinnon.

JFC break a tackle, out-physical the defender, show some speed… make a damn play.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:04 AM 11-15-2021
Where would we be if we drafted Tee Higgins instead of Clyde? Could really use a 3rd receiver like that guy
[Reply]
Page 225 of 295
« First < 125175215221222223224225 226227228229235275 > Last »
Up