ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 28
« First < 101617181920 21222324 > Last »
Media Center>Loki Trailer
Tribal Warfare 04:33 AM 12-11-2020

[Reply]
RustShack 03:24 PM 07-15-2021
I have a lot of mixed feelings after watching the show and reading all of these responses.

I’m glad Loki S2 is confirmed. I was excited for another WandaVision after how it ended and was disappointed to hear there isn’t one. But I’m assuming she/they pop up again?

I didn’t think I’d like post End Game life(I haven’t read the comics), but damn they’ve been crushing it so far and there’s a lot of potential with how both Loki and WandaVision ended to go with the coming movies. Winter Soldier was meh to me. Solid watch but in my opinion nothing compared to these other two.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:24 PM 07-15-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Loki sure had a tough episode. Got his heart broken by Sylvie, got sent to a different TVA with (presumably) evil Kang and his pal Mobius doesn’t know who he is.
This is where I’m confused because I thought the TVA was outside of time. How can there be more than 1 TVA?
[Reply]
BWillie 10:22 PM 07-15-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This is where I’m confused because I thought the TVA was outside of time. How can there be more than 1 TVA?
Had the same thought
[Reply]
listopencil 01:09 AM 07-16-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Loki sure had a tough episode. Got his heart broken by Sylvie, got sent to a different TVA with (presumably) evil Kang and his pal Mobius doesn’t know who he is.
My impression was that when Sylvie killed He Who Remains that a multiverse war happened (as He stated it would happen) and that some other version of He (represented by the replaced statuary) was in control of the TVA. Loki remained in the room during the fight and was unaware that the Sacred Timeline was changed, and was unaware that the two people he interacted with changed with the timeline and couldn't have recognized him, as at that point they no longer had gone through the events that he knew of leading up to that point.
[Reply]
Jamie 01:59 AM 07-16-2021
I would guess since the TVA exists outside of time, the MCU time travel rules don't apply.
[Reply]
listopencil 02:51 AM 07-16-2021
Originally Posted by Jamie:
I would guess since the TVA exists outside of time, the MCU time travel rules don't apply.
The timeline was shown as branching at the end though. That an MCU hallmark. The idea that nexus events create alternate universes rather than having one time stream that gets reshaped.
[Reply]
luv 09:42 AM 07-16-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I don't think there is. I don't know how to put my thought into words that make it make sense though. It's the same TVA, but there's a different "One Who Remains" running at the way he wants. When Loki went back, Sylvie killed him while Loki was still in the office. When he left the office, that's when the change is noticed (no one seems to know him or tries to stop him). The outside world is probably far different though, depending on what he allowed to have happen based on his experience. Who knows, maybe he's allowing more than one timeline. I guess we'll find out next season. Just my take, but I'm not as well-versed in the comic book world as most of the guys on here. :-)
[Reply]
Bowser 10:11 AM 07-16-2021
I feel there are infinite TVA's along with the infinite multiverses (or at least a set number of TVA's after the first multiversal war), and the job of the TVA is to keep new multiverses spawning out of "their" specific reality and not adding to the mix, whether they knew that was their job or not. Part of the cease fire agreement between the various Kang's, maybe?
[Reply]
Fish 10:22 AM 07-16-2021
Originally Posted by listopencil:
My impression was that when Sylvie killed He Who Remains that a multiverse war happened (as He stated it would happen) and that some other version of He (represented by the replaced statuary) was in control of the TVA. Loki remained in the room during the fight and was unaware that the Sacred Timeline was changed, and was unaware that the two people he interacted with changed with the timeline and couldn't have recognized him, as at that point they no longer had gone through the events that he knew of leading up to that point.
This is how I took it as well. I don't see how there can be multiple TVAs. I struggle to see how that would work. My impression is that another Kang variant went back in time to the beginning of the TVA, and installed themselves as the TVA ruler, and the TVA timeline played out from a fresh start with a different Kang in place of the previous He Who Remains that Sylvie killed. Which created a new Mobius with a new timeline past that never included Loki.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:21 AM 07-16-2021

EXCLUSIVE: #Loki Director & EP Kate Herron Says She’s Not Returning For Season 2 https://t.co/GUkAufJtUC

— Deadline Hollywood (@DEADLINE) July 16, 2021

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:34 AM 07-16-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Michael Waldron is the Showrunner/Executive Producer/Head Writer, which makes the director less important in this type of setup, which is unique to these Marvel TV series.

I would also imagine that Season 2 will take on a different tone so it's likely that different "voice in the room" is probably necessary and welcome change.

That said, this could also be a negotiating ploy.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:04 PM 07-16-2021

#Loki Season 2 will have "even more" surprises than Season 1, according to #TomHiddleston: "I am so excited by the possibilities." Full quote: https://t.co/46beEmpapA pic.twitter.com/lSSR9WE6z0

— MCU - The Direct (@MCU_Direct) July 16, 2021

[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:06 PM 07-16-2021
So a few questions, is that Immortus or Kang?

At the end we see Mobius looking at the branching timelines twice. First he says “no going back now.” Wouldn’t that imply in that timeline now the branches are planned?

Then he says what does “he” want us to do about all these branches. So again is the “he” the Immortus guy and this he is planning all these branches in that TVA existence?
[Reply]
Fish 10:25 PM 07-16-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
So a few questions, is that Immortus or Kang?

At the end we see Mobius looking at the branching timelines twice. First he says “no going back now.” Wouldn’t that imply in that timeline now the branches are planned?

Then he says what does “he” want us to do about all these branches. So again is the “he” the Immortus guy and this he is planning all these branches in that TVA existence?
Yeah, actually both Immmortus and Kang. It's comics complicated. Basically, Kang/He Who Remains/Rama-Tut/Immortus/Mr. Gryphon/etc. are all the same person/entity, just in a different timeline/dimension. In the comics, they don't really even know who is the "Original" entity.
[Reply]
Jamie 01:57 AM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by listopencil:
The timeline was shown as branching at the end though. That an MCU hallmark. The idea that nexus events create alternate universes rather than having one time stream that gets reshaped.
Right, but my understanding is that the TVA exists outside of that (or any) timestream, and is therefore not part of it.

This is verging on speculation on my part, but if the TVA really exists outside of time, then there wouldn't be real linear time there. There would be no before or after. The experience of linear time within the TVA would have to be artificial, or an illusion. And if there isn't really any before, you can change the past, because it's not really the past. Mobius did say time works differently in the TVA.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 28
« First < 101617181920 21222324 > Last »
Up