ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 69
1 23451151 > Last »
Media Center>MCU Meta Discussion
DaFace 05:54 PM 07-16-2019
The various movies obviously deserve their own threads once things actually start moving on them, but it seems like we should have a place just for general discussion about what they're planning. So here ya go.
[Reply]
DaFace 05:55 PM 07-16-2019
And now the news that inspired the thread...

The God of Thunder will be returning for a fourth entry in the #MCU and once again @TaikaWaititi will be helming the project. Here's everything you need to know: https://t.co/fObDqMdHKH

— Hollywood Reporter (@THR) July 16, 2019

:-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
DaFace 06:02 PM 07-16-2019
Doesn't look like there's an actual release date pinned down yet, but this article thinks it'll likely be 2021ish.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 07:51 PM 07-16-2019
New Ghost Rider series announced for Hulu...so it might be good, given that it is not PG enough for Disney plus:

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/07...w-series-2019/
[Reply]
Bowser 08:43 PM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
And now the news that inspired the thread...

:-) :-) :-) :-)
Excellent. Waititi's direction in Ragnarok brought Thor up from middling Marvel character to among the front runners.

Now, will Thor 4 be before or after Guardians 3? I'm assuming after, which means Thor will likely survive whatever they find in space (spoilers, asshole).
[Reply]
Setsuna 03:57 PM 07-17-2019
I mean didn't Thor give Asgard's fate to Valkyrie? Isn't she going to be the next Thor, eventually?
[Reply]
Amnorix 04:02 PM 07-17-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
I mean didn't Thor give Asgard's fate to Valkyrie? Isn't she going to be the next Thor, eventually?

I wouldn't think so. Her powers, etc. aren't at all like Thor's. She's taking over leadership of the Asgardians, but that doesn't mean she becomes Thor in some manner.

Let's face it, actual leaders are typically bogged down in administrative bullshit and unable to spend much time "superheroing", so to speak. Plus, the direction Chris Hemsworth wanted to take Thor in -- see Ragnarok -- fits much better into GoG than it did any other setting really, so it's easy to see how he has to leave Earth, etc.

Ragnarok was a seriously great movie. Tons of fun. I'm looking forward to Thor4, Gog3, and whatever else they do with his character. Losing Loki seriously sucked though. His character arc is in many ways complete, so it will be interesting to see where they go from here with him.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:16 PM 07-17-2019
Hol up now

Loki (A Loki, anyway) escaped confinement after the original Avengers movie by using the Tesseract to portal out to who knows where. I wouldn't write off Loki "just" yet.
[Reply]
Jamie 07:40 PM 07-17-2019
Theory: the next Avengers-like event will be a space crossover with Thor, GOTG, Captain Marvel (and Fury), and the Eternals. Maybe a take on Annihilation, now that they have Annihilus back.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 07:48 PM 07-17-2019
Since they introduced time travel. I am guessing Kang.

2nd guess would be Galactus.
[Reply]
Setsuna 04:38 PM 07-19-2019
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
I wouldn't think so. Her powers, etc. aren't at all like Thor's. She's taking over leadership of the Asgardians, but that doesn't mean she becomes Thor in some manner.

Let's face it, actual leaders are typically bogged down in administrative bullshit and unable to spend much time "superheroing", so to speak. Plus, the direction Chris Hemsworth wanted to take Thor in -- see Ragnarok -- fits much better into GoG than it did any other setting really, so it's easy to see how he has to leave Earth, etc.

Ragnarok was a seriously great movie. Tons of fun. I'm looking forward to Thor4, Gog3, and whatever else they do with his character. Losing Loki seriously sucked though. His character arc is in many ways complete, so it will be interesting to see where they go from here with him.
True. But she's a really good actress. Would be a shame to have her relegated to that.
[Reply]
el borracho 08:32 PM 07-20-2019
Lots of announcements today at comicon.
Thor
Xmen
Blade
Fantastic 4
Black Widow
Falcon and Winter Soldier
Shang-Chi
Dr Strange 2
[Reply]
Munson 08:36 PM 07-20-2019

Natalie Portman set to play female Thor in Marvel's Thor: Love and Thunder https://t.co/BED6sWNY8N

— Entertainment Weekly (@EW) July 21, 2019

Originally Posted by :
Step aside, Chris Hemsworth. There’s a new Thor in town.

Natalie Portman is returning to Marvel for the Phase 4 Thor movie, titled Thor: Love and Thunder. And this time, she’s picking up Mjölnir herself.

During Marvel’s massive Hall H Comic-Con 2019 panel on Saturday, the actress joined Hemsworth, Taika Waititi, and Tessa Thompson on stage to make the announcement that had the crowd going absolutely wild as she actually held up a prop Mjölnir. “I’ve always had a little hammer envy,” she says. Talk about being worthy!

Portman’s Jane Foster was last seen in the Marvel Cinematic Universe in a non-speaking cameo in Avengers: Endgame. Her super new role in the fourth Thor film is based on Jason Aaron’s comic book run that saw Jane Foster ultimately become the Mighty Lady Thor when Thor Odinson finds himself unworthy of picking up Mjölnir for the first time in the rebooted Thor #1. Jane steps in to become the hero, and even faces off against Thor himself. But Marvel kept her identity under wraps for eight issues until it was finally revealed to be Jane, a move that had fans praising Aaron’s run.

During the panel, Marvel also confirmed what we already knew, that Thor: Ragnarok helmer Waititi will return to direct as well as write this latest installment.

Thor: Love and Thunder is set to hit theaters Nov. 5, 2021.

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:37 PM 07-20-2019
Mahershala Ali As Blade! Hell yea!
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:12 PM 07-20-2019
Originally Posted by el borracho:
Lots of announcements today at comicon.
Thor
Xmen
Blade
Fantastic 4
Black Widow