ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 20
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Media Center>Amazon Prime Video
Pitt Gorilla 03:10 PM 04-10-2018
Not sure this deserves it's own thread, but damn, there is a lot of outstanding content on Amazon. I've had it for years and never really gave it a shot. The HBO and Funny or Die catalogues alone make it worth the while. The originals are simply value added. I've been watching:

Curb Your Enthusiasm
Eastbound and Down
Zach Morris is Trash

Things in my queue:

Man in the High Castle
The Tick
Sneaky Pete
Jack Ryan

Would like to re-watch:

Sopranos
Between Two Ferns
Justified
Parks and Rec

Anything you'd recommend from Prime Video? I feel like a kid in a candy shop (without the requisite time to actually enjoy all the candy...)
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:10 PM 05-26-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Lately, their free shipping is 4-7 days. Getting old.
My shit ships out of a DC within 2 days. Then proceeds to take a week to get delivered.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:54 AM 05-27-2021
I don't ever associate Amazon Prime with their tv service outside of Shudder which I love.

Prime delivery has been delivering here <1 day lately. Now if I could just get the city to pick up my recycling with any sort of predictable cadence. Wife will order one tiny eye shadow and it'll show up in 24″ x 24″ x 12″ box loaded with packing material. That shit piles up quick.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:35 PM 05-27-2021
The only thing Prime Video is good for these days is if you wanna watch an old 70's/80's B-movie.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:48 PM 05-27-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I don't ever associate Amazon Prime with their tv service outside of Shudder which I love.

Prime delivery has been delivering here <1 day lately. Now if I could just get the city to pick up my recycling with any sort of predictable cadence. Wife will order one tiny eye shadow and it'll show up in 24″ x 24″ x 12″ box loaded with packing material. That shit piles up quick.
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
The only thing Prime Video is good for these days is if you wanna watch an old 70's/80's B-movie.
Eh, I don't know. I absolutely love Bosch. Marvelous Mrs Maisel I expected to hate, but can't get enough of it. The Boys is good (even though I've only seen S1. Sneaky Pete is worth the watch.

There is some good stuff on there. Along with a ton of shit, but yeah, Netflix is similar these days.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:51 PM 05-27-2021
I guess Amazon is getting into big budget original movies now.

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:05 PM 05-27-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Aw Yiss!!

Those are the Daves I know, I know...
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:10 PM 05-27-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Eh, I don't know. I absolutely love Bosch. Marvelous Mrs Maisel I expected to hate, but can't get enough of it. The Boys is good (even though I've only seen S1. Sneaky Pete is worth the watch.

There is some good stuff on there. Along with a ton of shit, but yeah, Netflix is similar these days.
I think what Netflix has going for it is that I can tell if something is shit in one click. These other interfaces I have to drill into to get enough detail to know if its shit, making me even more annoyed and more likely to miss good stuff because I've put them on the back burner.

This is a good reminder though to get back in there and wade through the mud on some of these other platforms.
[Reply]
unlurking 04:12 PM 05-27-2021
If you're looking for Prime content, check out Loudermilk.

[Reply]
unlurking 04:15 PM 05-27-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Watched Robot Jox a few weeks back. Did not age well? lol
[Reply]
unlurking 04:19 PM 05-27-2021
Also, Cooties is a fun riff on zombie movies and available on Prime. Found it after turning off Army of Darkness and figured it couldn't be any worse. lol

[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:35 PM 05-27-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I guess Amazon is getting into big budget original movies now.

I liked the recent Tom Clancey movie with Michael Jordan. Chris Pratt has a original movie coming out this July on Prime.

TV series is thin but I liked Fleabag and Marvelous Ms. Maisel. And the Jack Ryan series.

They spent $1 billion to redo the lord of the rings as a TV series
Spent $1 billion for the NFL
$8.5 billion to get MGM’s catalog

They have the deep pockets to be players in the steaming market.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:46 PM 05-27-2021
Originally Posted by unlurking:

Watched the first episode.

Ron Livingston is a national treasure. :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:01 PM 05-27-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Watched the first episode.

Ron Livingston is a national treasure. :-)
My wife and I were at a fight at Caesars in Vegas a few years back and before I ran into Cuba Gooding, Jr and drank with him for a few hours, I ran into Ron Livingston.

Ron's been in a so many good things, from Office Space to Band of Brothers to Swingers and so on that I didn't even know where to begin, so I didn't. Instead, we just had a few drinks, chatted a bit and I left him with "Dude, I really enjoy your work. Have a great night!".

He was just as cool and real you'd expect.

Cuba, on the other hand...
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:17 PM 05-27-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
My wife and I were at a fight at Caesars in Vegas a few years back and before I ran into Cuba Gooding, Jr and drank with him for a few hours, I ran into Ron Livingston.

Ron's been in a so many good things, from Office Space to Band of Brothers to Swingers and so on that I didn't even know where to begin, so I didn't. Instead, we just had a few drinks, chatted a bit and I left him with "Dude, I really enjoy your work. Have a great night!".

He was just as cool and real you'd expect.

Cuba, on the other hand...
Cuba seems wound pretty tight. I still enjoy a lot of stuff he's in.

Good to know Ron Livingston is a decent human. I've managed to separate the two in my head, but the more good people on the planet the better.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:46 PM 05-31-2021
Originally Posted by unlurking:

Binged all of this.

Let me preface this. I don't normally do comedies. Most of them just don't do a ton for me. The ones I've done have managed to get me invested quickly. Which this one did. And frankly I'm not sure why. I don't have addiction issues, I have never been in any aspect of recovery, but I am open to being an asshole, I suppose. :-)

There was some dumb shit in there I rolled my eyes at and jokes that fell flat for me, but the overall story kept me in and had me rooting for Loudermilk and the kid at least. And there were enough compelling moments in there to keep me in it. Plus some stuff that was legitimately funny and kept me coming back.

Really good watch. Thanks for the heads up.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 20
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up