ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 79 of 171
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389129 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:54 AM 05-24-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Now this is a collab I can get behind

Yes please...
[Reply]
Rausch 11:57 AM 05-24-2021
BTW this is around 10 years old but there was a show called "Terriers" that got cancelled after season 1 but was pretty good.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:17 PM 05-24-2021
I agree with waiting until Mare of Easttown ends to start it.

It’s like a James Patterson novel meets a My So Called Life/Party of Five/This Is Us type of network drama which isn’t in my wheelhouse. It spans the ‘this is great/is this a joke?’ spectrum in each episode for me.

Feel a binge would’ve mitigated the HBO meets NBC feeling and I could focus more on the crime, which I understand is a personal preference of mine.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:57 PM 05-27-2021
With the dip in summer programming, browsing around for something to put on the queue. Curious if anyone has watched Mr. Inbetween on FX? It's an Aussie independent character study that was eventually built into a short, then a movie, then this FX series [all by the same creative team] and looks intriguing, but wanted to see if anyone had actually watched it or had any feedback on it.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:52 AM 06-04-2021
Mythic Quest is back baby!!
I mean God DAMN!!!
[Reply]
unlurking 06:55 AM 06-04-2021
Mythic Quest has been fantastic this season. Again. The post S1 pre S2 specials were hilarious.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:10 AM 06-05-2021
With the dip in summer programming, browsing around for something to put on the queue. Curious if anyone has watched Mr. Inbetween on FX? It's an Aussie independent character study that was eventually built into a short, then a movie, then this FX series [all by the same creative team] and looks intriguing, but wanted to see if anyone had actually watched it or had any feedback on it.
Gave it a whirl and glad I did. It's not earthshaking, but it's high quality. It's memorable and keeps your interest.

It's really hard to summarize, though. Because it doesn't really stress any genre overly. He's smart, but not too smart. He's badass, but not too badass. Overall, it's a dry dark comedy, more dry than dark as in things just happen and you decide as a viewer if it's funny or shocking or what.

If you want a mental image, imagine if Pete Davidson's 'Chad' character had just a smidge of Jason Bourne in him. Not that he's completely either character, more that he's resolute and decisive, while also having a flat affect and a taciturn nature. He's a weird mix of totally predictable and completely unpredictable.

Also reminds you a bit of Get Shorty [the series, not the movie, without the big dreams of Hollywood] in that it's a low level hitman and his crew, and the Jim Jefferies series Legit in that it's working-class Aussie tales with a brother with special needs.

[Reply]
TwistedChief 01:41 AM 06-07-2021
eDave and lew got me hooked on Snowfall. Really an excellent series and consistently good through all 4 seasons.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:35 AM 06-07-2021
I went through the Vikings series. I had started it when it first aired. Then they were going to Paris and I meh'd out. I decided to get back in and rewatched it.

It's worth the watch. There are parts that are pretty rough, but the story and performances are good enough to slog through the rough parts. It wasn't as good post-Ragnar, but still had it's hooks in me.

The ending of each of the characters were largely fucking awesome. That's not normally my bag, but holy shit. Awesome.

I looked into some of the production, and got even more impressed. They apparently were using real weapons (blunted obviously) rather than rubber ones. And upon reflection, while a couple of the characters battle scenes get derivative, they really are well done, which is one reason I went back in. Moreover, a lot of the sets were practical, like the ships and shit, which they NEVER do, but upon learning that? WOW.

All in all, It's a good watch.

And Katheryn Winnick is hot.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:54 AM 06-07-2021
Gave it a whirl and glad I did. It's not earthshaking, but it's high quality. It's memorable and keeps your interest.

It's really hard to summarize, though. Because it doesn't really stress any genre overly. He's smart, but not too smart. He's badass, but not too badass. Overall, it's a dry dark comedy, more dry than dark as in things just happen and you decide as a viewer if it's funny or shocking or what.

If you want a mental image, imagine if Pete Davidson's 'Chad' character had just a smidge of Jason Bourne in him. Not that he's completely either character, more that he's resolute and decisive, while also having a flat affect and a taciturn nature. He's a weird mix of totally predictable and completely unpredictable.

Also reminds you a bit of Get Shorty [the series, not the movie, without the big dreams of Hollywood] in that it's a low level hitman and his crew, and the Jim Jefferies series Legit in that it's working-class Aussie tales with a brother with special needs.

Good call on this. Started season 1 yesterday. 4 episodes in and really enjoying it. Wouldn't call it a critical watch for me, but a really nice filler to have in the rotation.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:03 PM 06-15-2021
If you want something that is bucolic and amiable, while also being interesting;

Obviously, it has the Clarkson 'stamp.' He mucks about and fuddy-duddies. Some of it is played up for camera and some of it is hand-waved for time and editing, but it's a great little primer look into the complexities of operating a modern farm.

And much of it a GORGEOUS. He has some beautiful pastures and the cinematographers are good at catching little slices of beauty and wildlife and weather to intersperse the narrative.

On Amazon Prime.
[Reply]
Harryol49 03:49 AM 06-17-2021
For must watch series then I prefer Loki series, I stream the series over Ivacy vpn - HBO max streaming and it was good experience.
[Reply]
unlurking 09:26 AM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by Harryol49:
For must watch series then I prefer Loki series, I stream the series over Ivacy vpn - HBO max streaming and it was good experience.
VPN spam?
[Reply]
Jerm 09:22 AM 06-27-2021
My wife started binging Manifest recently on Netflix and I’ve checked it out with her…started out interesting with a great premise and then just goes completely and utterly off the rails.

The most ridiculous plot armor I’ve ever seen, unlikable characters everywhere, and a story that goes all over the place and has no idea what it wants to be.

I was bummed….
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 03:51 PM 06-28-2021
I thoroughly enjoyed "The Serpent" on Netflix. It was sneakingly good.
[Reply]
Page 79 of 171
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389129 > Last »
Up