ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 22
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do you take your hat off at the dinner table?
petegz28 09:11 PM 07-31-2021
It never ceases to amaze me when I go to a fairly nice or better restaurant to see guys wearing their hats at the table. I am not talking about some dude at lunch at McDonald's. I'm talking about a nice steak house or likewise having dinner with the family.

When I was growing up I was taught to take my hat off in the house but if I ever sat at the table with it on it would have been removed for me.

And if I tried to walk into my Grandmother's house, especially the kitchen, the hat was removed for me without me being asked to take it off.

Do you take your hat off at the table?
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 03:10 PM 08-01-2021
still nobody has told me why it is impolite to wear your hat at the table. People have said it is, people have been told it is. Nobody has ever said why it is.

And though this may seem like an age thing, I'm 54 and could not give less of a fuck if you wear your hat or not.
[Reply]
eDave 03:13 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
still nobody has told me why it is impolite to wear your hat at the table. People have said it is, people have been told it is. Nobody has ever said why it is.

And though this may seem like an age thing, I'm 54 and could not give less of a fuck if you wear your hat or not.
Is the first you've heard of it?
[Reply]
vailpass 03:15 PM 08-01-2021

And though this may seem like an age thing, I'm 54 and could not give less of a **** if you wear your hat or not.
Some people were raised with decorum.
[Reply]
srvy 03:19 PM 08-01-2021

Because this bitch says so.

[Reply]
Spott 03:20 PM 08-01-2021

It’s not impolite. There’s a couple of crotchety old farts that want to cling to some outdated traditions that were around when Andy Griffith was the sheriff in Mayberry, but there’s no rule to how you eat dinner at restaurant or anywhere else. Unless there’s a specific rule at the restaurant about hats, the only requirement when you go to eat is that you pay for the food when you are done.

If somebody is getting their panties in an uproar over someone wearing a Chiefs hat at dinner instead of just relaxing and enjoying the time with their friends & family, then that’s on them.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 03:22 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Is the first you've heard of it?
Yes, Dave, I'm just a simple cave man. I don't understand your complicated ways. Of course I've fucking heard of it. My mother would occasionally say something, but when she realized she couldn't give me a FUCKING GOOD REASON for it, she decided maybe it was a stupid rule.

Originally Posted by vailpass:
Some people were raised with decorum.
Give me a reason. Why is it impolite?
[Reply]
srvy 03:23 PM 08-01-2021
Dear Abby wants you to take off your hat but bet she would pitch a fit to remove those pearls.

[Reply]
eDave 03:23 PM 08-01-2021
Yes, Dave, I'm just a simple cave man. I don't understand your complicated ways. Of course I've fucking heard of it. My mother would occasionally say something, but when she realized she couldn't give me a FUCKING GOOD REASON for it, she decided maybe it was a stupid rule.
Then there you go.

I'm just for it in "nicer" places. Not in every situation. And sometimes you gotta read the room.
[Reply]
vailpass 03:23 PM 08-01-2021
Yes, Dave, I'm just a simple cave man. I don't understand your complicated ways. Of course I've ****ing heard of it. My mother would occasionally say something, but when she realized she couldn't give me a ****ING GOOD REASON for it, she decided maybe it was a stupid rule.

Give me a reason. Why is it impolite?
You either understand or you don’t. I can’t change how you were raised. I’m not criticizing you.
[Reply]
oldman 03:26 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
It's socially acceptable for ladies to wear hats indoors. It was pretty much manadtory for women to wear some kind of head covering, normally a veil, during Mass until the early 80s.
[Reply]
eDave 03:28 PM 08-01-2021
You either understand or you don’t. I can’t change how you were raised. I’m not criticizing you.
Society is falling apart.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 03:29 PM 08-01-2021

These ladies would tell you the same thing about their neck rings. But at least they wouldn't insist others join them.

[Reply]
Bugeater 03:29 PM 08-01-2021

It reminds me of the answers I get when I ask why we do the stupid time change twice a year.

Me: This is dumb, why do we do this?

Someone else: Because we always have!

Me: Well that seems like a perfectly good reason to continue...
[Reply]
srvy 03:30 PM 08-01-2021
I am seeing a pattern here the gals throwing down the rules for men that don't apply for them.
[Reply]
Bugeater 03:31 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Society is falling apart.
FIRE AND BRIMSTONE RAINING FROM THE SKY! DOGS AND CATS SLEEPING TOGETHER! MASS HYSTERIA!!!
[Reply]
Page 12 of 22
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up