ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 34
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Joe Thuney to the Chiefs
Dante84 02:08 PM 03-15-2021

Former #Patriots G Joe Thuney is getting a 5-year deal from Kansas City. First bombshell.

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) March 15, 2021

������ https://t.co/wWf0RuxRZC

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) March 15, 2021

More details on Joe Thuney's 5-year, $80M deal with the Chiefs:
Signing bonus: $17M
Base salaries: $990K, $13.9M, $15M, $15.5M, $15.5M
Workout bonuses totaling $2.11M

That structure keeps Thuney's 2021 cap number at just $4.5M.

KC still has room to work with in free agency.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) March 15, 2021

Originally Posted by TribalElder:

[Reply]
BossChief 03:59 PM 03-15-2021
If we sign Silverback, Mahomes may not get sacked again.

Like, ever.

Hyperbole, but with Niang snd Silverback at the tackles and Thuney at guard and a good center from the draft, he won’t get sacked much by anyone snd Clyde should be able to explode.

Also, we will always have time to run WASP.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:59 PM 03-15-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Trent Williams is a guy named Williams.

The Chiefs sign and play dudes named Williams.

It's poetry.
We will be the Kansas City Williams when we inevitably have to change our name!
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:00 PM 03-15-2021
You know what at this point I fully expect us to land Williams. I have changed my tune on this. With rap sheet saying we’re still in on him and what do we have that other teams don’t have?? We have a BRETT VEACH!! When he wants somebody he gets him. He will do whatever it takes to get his guy. No one is better and I repeat no one is a better GM in this league than him
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:02 PM 03-15-2021
I like it. I mean, how could you NOT like it? He was the best guard available and arguably top 5 at his position.
[Reply]
Chiefaholic 04:02 PM 03-15-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
You know how many picks that would take?
Roughly what we gave for Mahomes? If the sure fire, can't miss, start on week 1 guy is available... Pull the trigger. This guy will be protecting the blind side of our half a billion dollar investment at QB for the remainder of his career. Who on the roster is more important to the long term plan than Mahomes himself? Keep Mahomes upright with time IN the pocket, and we're in every game.
[Reply]
Dante84 04:03 PM 03-15-2021
Just to be clear, it's pronounced "TOONEY" and not "THOONEY," correct?
[Reply]
displacedinMN 04:03 PM 03-15-2021
anything that makes us better- I will approve
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:04 PM 03-15-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefaholic:
Roughly what we gave for Mahomes? If the sure fire, can't miss, start on week 1 guy is available... Pull the trigger. This guy will be protecting the blind side of our half a billion dollar investment at QB for the remainder of his career. Who on the roster is more important to the long term plan than Mahomes himself? Keep Mahomes upright with time IN the pocket, and we're in every game.
There's absolutely no such thing a "sure thing" in the draft.

You NEVER trade up that far for anything other than a QB.
[Reply]
BossChief 04:04 PM 03-15-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I like it. I mean, how could you NOT like it? He was the best guard available and arguably top 5 at his position.
He was second team all pro.
[Reply]
crispystl 04:05 PM 03-15-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Another reason this is a critical piece in the next phase of our offense is that it allows Mahomes to actually exist in the pocket for more than 1 second without having to sprint out, scramble, or drop 15-18 yards.

If we can actually develop a pocket, it will limit the effectiveness of the opposing edge-rushers because the angles will be more favorable to our Tackles.

What is this “pocket” you speak of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Dante84 04:06 PM 03-15-2021
THE CHIEFS OF KANSAS CITY ARE MY FAVORITE FOOTBALL TEAM IN THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:07 PM 03-15-2021
Nate Taylor says we ain’t done adding OL in FA
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:08 PM 03-15-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
He was second team all pro.
Exactly.

They aren't done. This doesn't mean anything regarding the LT position.

Thuney is one of the best guards in the league. There's nothing at all to dislike about this move.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:08 PM 03-15-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefaholic:

A sure fire can’t miss LT...there might be only one in this draft & that’s probably in the top 5 picks.
[Reply]
BossChief 04:09 PM 03-15-2021
What’s more likely:

Signing Trent Williams to protect Pats blindside

Or

Drafting an OT at 31 (or trading up for one) to start right away to protect Pats blindside in an offense that thrives when the QB has time to find the open receivers

I will be shocked if Silverback isn’t a Chief when it’s all said and done.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 34
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up