Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Scott Frost=Herm Edwards
He's not even Herm Edward's he's Romeo Crennel with a bigger ego
[Reply]
Coach 08:50 PM 08-27-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Martinez sucks your about to find out for yourself
News flash buddy. It isn't the QB.

It's the shitty head coach. There's a reason why you guys went 3-9 last year, and probably the same or worse this year if he isn't canned by October.

I mean, shit, when Casey Thompson threw those INT's, I'd bet my money on a few Husker fans cussing out at Adrian Martinez for something he didn't do.

The players isn't the problem. Your head coach is really a dumb fuck.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:59 PM 08-27-2022
Originally Posted by Coach:
News flash buddy. It isn't the QB.

It's the shitty head coach. There's a reason why you guys went 3-9 last year, and probably the same or worse this year if he isn't canned by October.

I mean, shit, when Casey Thompson threw those INT's, I'd bet my money on a few Husker fans cussing out at Adrian Martinez for something he didn't do.

The players isn't the problem. Your head coach is really a dumb ****.
The coach didn't make Martinez fumble at a crucial time against Michigan nor did he give him multiple knee injuries or a broken jaw. Martinez wishes he could make some of the throws Thompson made today. Just wait and see you have an athlete playing QB he's a limited passer with better athleticism than Colin Klein but has durtability issues.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:00 PM 08-27-2022
This New Mexico St/Nevada game is sloppy
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:23 PM 08-27-2022
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Scott Frost=Herm Edwards
Nah. Herm actually cared but just really fucking sucked at his job. His AzST run is a retirement gig.

Frost didn't give a fuck the moment he landed in Lincoln.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:31 PM 08-27-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Nah. Herm actually cared but just really ****ing sucked at his job. His AzST run is a retirement gig.

Frost didn't give a **** the moment he landed in Lincoln.
I disagree man he absolutely cares he just has a huge ego and wasn't cut for the job. Hell he was crying after that Michigan game last year.

His biggest downfall was probably bringing hid whole staff from UCF. Those guys simply weren't qualified and it shows when they were let go I don't think anyone landed a single P5 job.

Had he made this move 2 years ago and people had time to adjust MAYBE it works out but with NIL adding 18 new players or whatever and a whole new offensive staff giving yourself 4 games to sink or swim is a tough task.

Moving forward I think he's absolutely toast what makes me somewhat optimistic is as bad as he's been is the ability to recruit and play close games. With NIL/The New Facilities/ TV deal it's certainly possible they can land a coach and perhaps be a fringe playoff team once in awhile especially if the playoffs expand but we are certainly running out of time as other schools NIL will improve. The program really needs to start establishing itself in the next few years
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:34 PM 08-27-2022
I disagree man he absolutely cares he just has a huge ego and wasn't cut for the job. Hell he was crying after that Michigan game last year.

His biggest downfall was probably bringing hid whole staff from UCF. Those guys simply weren't qualified and it shows when they were let go I don't think anyone landed a single P5 job.

Had he made this move 2 years ago and people had time to adjust MAYBE it works out but with NIL adding 18 new players or whatever and a whole new offensive staff giving yourself 4 games to sink or swim is a tough task.

Moving forward I think he's absolutely toast what makes me somewhat optimistic is as bad as he's been is the ability to recruit and play close games. With NIL/The New Facilities/ TV deal it's certainly possible they can land a coach and perhaps be a fringe playoff team once in awhile especially if the playoffs expand but we are certainly running out of time as other schools NIL will improve. The program really needs to start establishing itself in the next few years
Nah. I don't agree.

He only cares that his legacy is now a running joke in Lincoln. A coach that's dedicated to winning isn't hiring all his bros, getting hammered and cheating on his wife with coeds.

Not buying it one bit.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:41 PM 08-27-2022
Nah. I don't agree.

He only cares that his legacy is now a running joke in Lincoln. A coach that's dedicated to winning isn't hiring all his bros, getting hammered and cheating on his wife with coeds.

Not buying it one bit.
He never cheated on his wife that was a BS rumor. Bringing his friends from UCF was a mistake don't think that means he doesn't care just means he has an ego like we saw on that onside kick call or his bullshit answer calling out Whipple in the press conference I understand why he did it though he could have had just about any job he wanted at the time why stray from what made you successful?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:46 PM 08-27-2022
Also not to sound like BRC but I will for a second. I never made it a secret I bartended in Westport. There was a huge conference with all the JUCO coaches in KC one of the more successful programs in KS had its coaching staff at my bar. I got them fucked up and we shot the shit for a few hours. At the time Frost was recruiting a LB and some offensive players to Nebraska (his first year going into Nebraska) they all raves about what a coach he was and how they liked him and they talked about how great Ryan Held was who was the RB coach he brought with him from UCF. Looking back on it obviously it was a mistake but at the time it made sense and he was finishing in the top 25 in recruiting every year
[Reply]
Coach 10:52 PM 08-27-2022
The coach didn't make Martinez fumble at a crucial time against Michigan nor did he give him multiple knee injuries or a broken jaw. Martinez wishes he could make some of the throws Thompson made today. Just wait and see you have an athlete playing QB he's a limited passer with better athleticism than Colin Klein but has durtability issues.
Let's recap Frost's shortcomings here.

1. Frost thought if they recovered the onside kick the game would be over. That's such an incredibly arrogant thought to even entertain at that point, considering Nebraska had all the momentum on their side. And the aftermath of that failed on-side kick was 14 unanswered points by Northwestern. That put Nebraska at a disadvantage, where now Casey Thompson has to be forced to win the game, thus the last INT that sealed the game. There's a reason why Frost is 5-21 in games decided by 7 or less points. He continuously keeps making dumb ass decisions that puts the player and/or team in a disadvantage point.

2. Frost said he felt at that point Nebraska was the better team. Again, an arrogance that, while understandable for a fan to have, you just can't have as a coach when you're up by just 11 pts, on top of having a 15–29 record as a Husker head coach (before this game). The game wasn't exactly decided there just yet. You would think the last 4 years, especially getting fucked deep in the ass with a rusty barbed wire wrapped around on a dildo last year, would have been a humbling experience for Frost. But no, his arrogance (or insecurity) runs very deep.

3. It is very telling that Frost was surprised how his lines got outmuscled. Jesus Christ, this is year 5 in the Big 10 during his time. The fact, by his own admission, that he still doesn't have an ability to measure the physical strength of his own team is, especially getting pushed around by Northwestern of all teams, isn't exactly great news. Nebraska also missed a lot of open field tackles as well in defense. That's not a recipe of success in the Big 10. Did they quit bench pressing or something up in Lincoln? Because it definitely shows on the field.

4. Finally, when Frost said "I think our offensive staff has to learn you've got to be a little more creative in this league" during his post-game presser, he just literally threw all of his offensive coaches under the bus. Never mind the fact that Nebraska's defense gave up 528 yards against Northwestern, who isn't exactly known as an explosive offense. I will give him props for admitting that on-side was on him. But truth to be told, he is the problem, not the players.

There is a culture problem in Lincoln Nebraska. This is why Nebraska is experiencing multiple losing seasons, which ironically, 4 of the 5 losing seasons occurred under Frost's watch. Simply put, it's Nebroken.

So yes, I truly believe quite a few of Nebraska fans are putting way too much of this bullshit on Martinez because of Frost's shortcomings and putting Adrian (or any QB for that matter, including Casey Thompson) in a disadvantage. And no, Martinez isn't a limited passer at all. Nebraska's record books states otherwise.

https://huskers.com/sports/football/...martinez/42846
Originally Posted by :
Nebraska Records
» Career Total Offense Yards (10,792)
» Career Total Offense Yards (10,792)
» Career Total Offense Yards Per Game (276.7)
» Career 300-Yard Total Offense Games (19)
» Career 400-Yard Total Offense Games (5)
» Career 250-Yard Passing Games (16)
» Season Total Offensive Yards Per Game (308.0 in 2021)
» Season Completion Percentage (71.5 in 2020)
Additionally, per sports reference https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...a/passing.html

Martinez is 2nd in school history at completion percentage (minimum 100 pass attempts) with 63.5% and 2nd in school history at passing yards with 8,491 passing yards.

On top of that, it most definitely does not help Adrian (or any other QB for that matter) when Nebraska's offensive line is very poor. I mean, shoot, that offensive line has been one of the worst units on Nebraska's team and in the country based on PFF grades and stats. Even Nebraska's rivals attest to this.

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/neb...offensive-line

Originally Posted by :
Based on PFF's offensive line pass block efficiency grade, Nebraska earned a 78.5 grade as a unit. With that grade, the Huskers have the No. 282 worst O-line out of the 295 teams in Division I football.
And it does meet the eyeball test because of their pass blocking abilities is just a dumpster fire (which ties to my #3 comment). Clearly, Nebraska's O-line isn't puking hard enough.

So even if you had C.J. Stroud, Bryce Young, or any other blue chipper quarterback there, it's not going to make one damn difference because that offensive line is just a sieve, on top of Frost's dumbassery. No QB is going to be able to succeed there.

So yes, don't be surprised if Martinez flourishes well under Collin's system, with a better offensive line, and a healthier culture here than the one in Lincoln Nebraska.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:05 PM 08-27-2022
He never cheated on his wife that was a BS rumor. Bringing his friends from UCF was a mistake don't think that means he doesn't care just means he has an ego like we saw on that onside kick call or his bullshit answer calling out Whipple in the press conference I understand why he did it though he could have had just about any job he wanted at the time why stray from what made you successful?
People just check the fuck out.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:13 PM 08-27-2022
Man you're using stats from a school that basically ran the option until 2004 :-) Martinez wasn't THE problem but he was certainly part of it. Believe me or don't have fun watching him turn the ball over. He isn't not a guy that you can consistently sling the ball with.

If he's as good as you're trying to pretend Nebraska would have begged him to stay (they didn't) and schools like Miami, Texas, OU. Etc would have thrown that NIL bag at him. Once again they didnt.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:16 PM 08-27-2022
People just check the **** out.
But he took a 1 million dollar pay cut, fired his friends, and his buyout reduces from 15 to 7mil after October. I don't think given all that he would just check out. I think ultimately he was a 1 year wonder in a smaller conference and was too green for this job. It happens the hire at the time made sense, hew been arguably the worst coach in program history and you won't see me defending him. His time is up unless he pulls a rabbit out of his hat and can beat OU and the 3 other shit teams after that.
[Reply]
Coach 11:44 PM 08-27-2022
Man you're using stats from a school that basically ran the option until 2004 :-) Martinez wasn't THE problem but he was certainly part of it. Believe me or don't have fun watching him turn the ball over. He isn't not a guy that you can consistently sling the ball with.

If he's as good as you're trying to pretend Nebraska would have begged him to stay (they didn't) and schools like Miami, Texas, OU. Etc would have thrown that NIL bag at him. Once again they didnt.
Doesn't matter if it was an option team or not, the fact of the matter is that Nebraska offensive line was just a sieve, and he put up those kind of numbers? What do you think he is capable of if he had an actual offensive line? This isn't hard.

And believe me, he's good. He had interest from Cal, Kansas State, and 5 unnamed Big 10 schools. Came straight out of his mouth from 24:20 to 25:25. Below is the video of it.

I don't think Adrian is lying, considering that the Big 10 coaches know how shitty Frost is.

But hey, enjoy another 3-9 (or worse) season with Frost.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:09 AM 08-28-2022
But he took a 1 million dollar pay cut, fired his friends, and his buyout reduces from 15 to 7mil after October. I don't think given all that he would just check out. I think ultimately he was a 1 year wonder in a smaller conference and was too green for this job. It happens the hire at the time made sense, hew been arguably the worst coach in program history and you won't see me defending him. His time is up unless he pulls a rabbit out of his hat and can beat OU and the 3 other shit teams after that.
Maybe he's just not smart along with being checked out? He's showed that he can coach and make better decisions than what he's doing now.

The water in Lincoln might be toxic, but not that dang toxic.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 316
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Up