ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Does Kevin Kietzman deserve to be fired/forced to resign?
Yes 263 81.42%
No 32 9.91%
I have no idea 28 8.67%
Voters: 323. You may not vote on this poll
Page 14 of 107
« First < 41011121314 151617182464 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Does Kevin Kietzman deserve to be fired/forced to resign?
TLO 08:39 PM 06-24-2019
I'm not 100% on the KK news from today. But figured we'd start a thread to discuss this topic.

Sound off below. Also feel free to add in the KK tweets and such in here.

Thanks!
[Reply]
RockChalk 08:39 AM 06-25-2019
Originally Posted by AustinChief:
The best thing to do is to compile a list of sponsors of his show then boycott their products and services and make certain they know why. THAT is the only publicity that will motivate 810.
I've already tweeted to Smoke N Fire that I will no longer be shopping there. They are really the only advertiser of his show that I use.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:47 AM 06-25-2019
He got what he wanted out of it. Everybody will tune in today for the rage and he will of course backtrack and apologize. It will all be smoothed over and forgotten in a week when the next thing that offends people comes down the line.

Rinse. Repeat.
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:50 AM 06-25-2019
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
He got what he wanted out of it. Everybody will tune in today for the rage and he will of course backtrack and apologize. It will all be smoothed over and forgotten in a week when the next thing that offends people comes down the line.

Rinse. Repeat.
but faux outrage is the national pastime, hence threads like this and the accompanying social media shares
[Reply]
nychief 08:52 AM 06-25-2019
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
but faux outrage is the national pastime, hence threads like this and the accompanying social media shares
What’s is faux about it?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:53 AM 06-25-2019
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Outrage over using the term "owner" for people who own teams in the NBA= Faux Outrage

When a sports personality brings up the dead son of a head football coach to attack the coach's character that is not "Faux Outrage".
[Reply]
TambaBerry 08:55 AM 06-25-2019
this is the same dude who sits indian style in a culvers restaurant
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 08:57 AM 06-25-2019
Who?
Or, who cares about sports talk radio?
Quit listening.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 09:00 AM 06-25-2019
Originally Posted by nychief:
What’s is faux about it?
There are a lot of haters for KK (mostly us KU fans) sitting on the edge of our seat waiting for him to slip up. He did. Now folks are jumping out of their seats at the opportunity. I doubt this would affect most people the way it has. But he already has established quite the following of discontented locals. Sure his comments are extremely harsh and unfair, but this is not new for him. It's been his schtick for 15+ years. He has a list of personal attacks against Bill Self, Mangino, Weiss, etc.

Hell, most non-KU fans find it funny when he does so and riles the beakers up.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 09:06 AM 06-25-2019
Originally Posted by Coach:

Damn.........talk about low ball....

But no - this clown shouldn't be fired or forced to resign. Turn the dial. listen to another station. Enough people do that and ad revenue will drop and he WILL be replaced.
[Reply]
nychief 09:07 AM 06-25-2019
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
There are a lot of haters for KK (mostly us KU fans) sitting on the edge of our seat waiting for him to slip up. He did. Now folks are jumping out of their seats at the opportunity. I doubt this would affect most people the way it has. But he already has established quite the following of discontented locals. Sure his comments are extremely harsh and unfair, but this is not new for him. It's been his schtick for 15+ years. He has a list of personal attacks against Bill Self, Mangino, Weiss, etc.

Hell, most non-KU fans find it funny when he does so and riles the beakers up.

Sure....but this is a national story now that he is getting rightfully shit on by deadspin and Awful Announcing etc... I think people are earnestly gobsmacked by the insensitivity. I often feel people use the term faux outrage because they themselves don't agree with whomever's feelings on the matter.... the outrage can be real and you just don't agree, is more accurate. Anyway, fuck KK.
[Reply]
Kman34 09:11 AM 06-25-2019
Petro talking about this situation now...
[Reply]
bobbything 09:12 AM 06-25-2019
This is the problem with Kietzman. He's a true master at saying something, knowing full-well how literally everyone will take it, then turning it back on them by saying, "I didn't say that! If that's how you inferred it, then that's on you. But that's not what I said."

He's doing that right now. He never specifically mentioned Reid's son (for the record, he's saying he was talking about Reid's other son with a drug problem or something like that). But that's how it was interpreted by everyone. So, it's all on us...not him.

He definitely doesn't subscribe to the age-old adage that if everyone you meet throughout the day is an asshole, then maybe you need to look in the mirror.
[Reply]
LiL stumppy 09:16 AM 06-25-2019
No. He can say whatever he wants. Who cares.

He obviously dug his own grave and the situation will handle itself.
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 09:18 AM 06-25-2019
shocking that all the hard-line free speechers have such an emotional reaction here.
[Reply]
sedated 09:18 AM 06-25-2019
Originally Posted by bobbything:
This is the problem with Kietzman. He's a true master at saying something, knowing full-well how literally everyone will take it, then turning it back on them by saying, "I didn't say that! If that's how you inferred it, then that's on you. But that's not what I said."
"I don't have a dog in this fight, folks, but where there's smoke there's usually fire"
[Reply]
Page 14 of 107
« First < 41011121314 151617182464 > Last »
Up