ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 219 of 2688
« First < 119169209215216217218219 2202212222232292693197191219 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Nickhead 09:27 PM 06-15-2017
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
BTW...Alex Smith is wearing a big freaking helmet. What's up with that? Concussion issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...&postcount=601

Originally Posted by :
why does alex's helmets keep getting bigger? is he wearing a new helmet design. is he THAT worried about head injuries? or is it simply his wife forced him to wear the kiddie protective gear you see with some children on the playground?

its like that lopsided don beebe helmet you used to see.

maybe alex's helmet weight distribution keeps him from being able to push the ball downfield?

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:41 PM 06-15-2017
The new helmet he is using is made by VICIS, and it is the future of football helmets. There is a bunch of YouTube videos about them.

They have a lot more padding and actually have give to them. They dent in and rebound back out on impact, IIRC.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 09:49 PM 06-15-2017
Originally Posted by ChiefGator:
Well, practice time is severely limited in the new CBA, so the VR may be a way around that.
Nothing preventing players from practicing on their own and meeting together.

Tape the "outside" practices and let the coaches evaluate the tape.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:59 PM 06-15-2017
I don't love Baldinger, but this video will appeal to many on this board...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/kansas-city-chiefs#
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 10:00 PM 06-15-2017
Originally Posted by Canofbier:
Have you ever used VR? The potential is incredible - above what's currently available in real practice, certainly - but even the richest and most talented developers in the world are still struggling to create something worthwhile. There are some unbelievable VR experiences available, but nothing yet that would propel someone to the top of any physically-oriented profession. Given the possible entertainment revenue (video games, spectatorship, etc), the NFL's business - huge as it is - won't be the the first to successfully develop a VR application.
I'm more interested in AR for right now. I think the VR possibilities are down the road - mostly because of limitations in processing power and advancements in technology to free up the device size to work without cumbersome hardware.

https://youtu.be/2MqGrF6JaOM

https://youtu.be/ihKUoZxNClA
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:15 AM 06-16-2017

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:33 AM 06-16-2017
JIMP.

One thing is for sure; if the kid struggles beyond reasonable expectation, it won't be due to negligence on the part of the coaching staff.
I'd rather watch four hours of Mahomes development reel than 4 minutes of the other option.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:43 AM 06-16-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
JIMP.

One thing is for sure; if the kid struggles beyond reasonable expectation, it won't be due to negligence on the part of the coaching staff.
I'd rather watch four hours of Mahomes development reel than 4 minutes of the other option.
Just like the ladies would rather have 4 hours of the steel pipe, than 4 minutes of limp noodle.
[Reply]
seaofred 08:48 AM 06-16-2017
Has he signed a contract yet?
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:05 AM 06-16-2017
I think it be cool if he actually hired Trent Green as his personal offseason trainer. Then during games Trent can tell us all about how great Patrick Mahomes II is going be when the Chiefs are lined up to punt because of a 3 yard Alex Smith pass when we needed 8 for a first down.
[Reply]
Otis Day 09:30 AM 06-16-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
I think it be cool if he actually hired Trent Green as his personal offseason trainer. Then during games Trent can tell us all about how great Patrick Mahomes II is going be when the Chiefs are lined up to punt because of a 3 yard Alex Smith pass when we needed 8 for a first down.
The Alex Smith hate on this board is pretty tiring but this was damn funny. And Accurate. :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:45 AM 06-16-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Trent Green won't leave his family in KC to live in bumfuck Texas to coach Mahomes.

You know what else is odd? The fact that Trent Green was 17/10 in 2005 for the 10-6 Chiefs, missing the playoffs for the 4th time in 5 seasons, yet people hammer Alex Smith for a 15/8 performance in 14.5 games, in a season in which they won the AFC West. And let's not forget Trent's 17/24 performance in 2001, the year the Chiefs gave up the #12 overall draft choice (and passed on Drew Brees).

The Alex Smith hate around here is completely ridiculous.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:53 AM 06-16-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
JIMP.

:-)

Did you check out that pass towards the end of the report? It looks like 2PM is throwing a little dump pass by the way he sort just flicks the ball- but then the camera pans and it is a 15 to 20 yard perfect loft pass right over the defending that hits the guy right in the hands - in stride - allowing for extra yards after the catch.

That is one area the current QB could improve on. How many times have we seen passes slightly behind wide open guys, or high, or low, that have allowed the defender to catch up to our receivers and negate what would be HUGE plays / first downs / yards after the catch?

Yes it is just one practice pass, but it was soo effortless. :-)
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:55 AM 06-16-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Trent Green won't leave his family in KC to live in bumfuck Texas to coach Mahomes.

You know what else is odd? The fact that Trent Green was 17/10 in 2005 for the 10-6 Chiefs, missing the playoffs for the 4th time in 5 seasons, yet people hammer Alex Smith for a 15/8 performance in 14.5 games, in a season in which they won the AFC West. And let's not forget Trent's 17/24 performance in 2001, the year the Chiefs gave up the #12 overall draft choice (and passed on Drew Brees).

The Alex Smith hate around here is completely ridiculous.
Maybe I'm over credit Trent Green for an offense that could put up 30+ points a game. That offensive line was all star and Priest Holmes Tony G yeah but Trent could matriculate the ball down field.

This is bipolar Chiefs we had a super offense with no defense now we have a super defense with no offense production. We need a balance to have both good at their jobs.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:46 AM 06-16-2017
I can't find a video anywhere, but yesterday on NFL Live the guys did a 'Durant Draft' where they took the top challengers for New England and plucked one player off of any of the other teams in the league to close the gap with the Patriots.. it was pretty interesting, although unrealistic.

Louis Riddick gave the Chiefs Aaron Rodgers, and all of the guys on set were instantly like, 'Woah, that would be scary'.....

Direct quote: "Aaron Rodgers on the Kansas City Chiefs-- why do you think they drafted Patrick Mahomes? Its the same reason. You'd see maybe what they'll get in the future, you're just going to see it right now." - Riddick
[Reply]
Page 219 of 2688
« First < 119169209215216217218219 2202212222232292693197191219 > Last »
Up