ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 37
« First < 192526272829 30313233 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Let's talk WRs
OldSchool 09:52 AM 09-19-2014
Who's your top ranked receiver right now?

For me, the most pro-ready and best all around prospect at WR is Amari Cooper. He would come in and immediately start across from Bowe and eventually replace him as the primary WR.

What's wrong with Sammy Coates?

The guy has all of the tools in the world, I would equate him to Vernon Davis but at the WR position, but he hasn't produced much at all this season. Coates isn't even close to being his team's leading receiver so I'm not going to blame it on the scheme. Physically, Coates looks like a top 10 pick but his production is that of a mid to late rounder. Where would you take him?

Any thoughts on Coates' teammate, D'haquille Williams?

There is a massive difference in production between he and Sammy Coates so far this year; yes, this could be entirely due to Coates being injured from the Arkansas game but Coates only caught one pass in that game and dropped a possible TD pass despite playing 52 snaps against the Razorbacks. Williams is a JUCO transfer with good size, speed, and explosiveness, though not on the same level as Coates as far as pure physical ability goes. Is he a potential #1 WR or just a 2 at best?

Does DGB declare? If so, do you even dare to touch him given his off-field issues?

Despite not playing this season, I think that there is a real possibility that DGB does declare for the 2015 NFL draft; he just doesn't seem like the type of person who would be willing to go through another year of college over getting paid as a pro athlete. If he does declare, what round would you be willing to take a risk on him? The guy has had problems with at least two key NFL issues, abuse of women and weed. DGB has top 5 talent but an off-field reputation that would have him banned from the league if he had committed those acts as a Pro.

Do Jaelen Strong, Kevin White, or Devante Parker have enough speed to be potential #1 WRs? If not, are their other gifts good enough for them to be close to what Larry Fitzgerald has been in the league?

Is Stefon Diggs actually that fast? When I watch him, I don't see the same dimension of speed that guys like Jackson, Wallace, etc have. I'll be very curious to see what he actually runs at the Combine.

Who are you guys keeping your eyes on this year at the WR position?
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:46 AM 04-02-2015

RT @ODonnellFox13: Chip Kelly in Tampa to workout USC and former Berkeley Prep WR Nelson Agholor. Projected 2nd round pick.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 2, 2015

Fuck you, Chip.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:30 AM 04-02-2015
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
It'll be Lockett, he's publicly stated he wants to play for the Chiefs.
Insignificant.

If they feel he's the best guy in the third, pick him.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:34 AM 04-02-2015
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Insignificant.

If they feel he's the best guy in the third, pick him.
Being Kevin Lockett's kid too will spur some nepotism within the Hunts too. If a kid wants to work hard for you and isn't looking for a payday then you have to factor that in.
[Reply]
royalschiefs 11:02 AM 04-02-2015
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Being Kevin Lockett's kid too will spur some nepotism within the Hunts too. If a kid wants to work hard for you and isn't looking for a payday then you have to factor that in.
I agree.

Also Curry Sexton (who is one of Lockett's best friends) is the nephew of John Dorsey, funnily enough.

90% sure Lockett will be a Chief next season.
[Reply]
jonzie04 12:49 PM 04-02-2015
Originally Posted by royalschiefs:
I agree.

Also Curry Sexton (who is one of Lockett's best friends) is the nephew of John Dorsey, funnily enough.

90% sure Lockett will be a Chief next season.
90% sure? this isn't madden where you can save the game and go back and redraft. there are 31 other teams we will have to compete with to get him.
[Reply]
royalschiefs 02:14 PM 04-02-2015
Originally Posted by jonzie04:
90% sure? this isn't madden where you can save the game and go back and redraft. there are 31 other teams we will have to compete with to get him.
yeah 90% is probably a bit too high...

maybe 60% :-)
[Reply]
saphojunkie 02:31 PM 04-02-2015
Nelson Agholor or Phillip Dorsett. Personally, I like Agholor, given his open field ability and history as a RB.

But Dorsett is a hell of a route runner, and either would be great.

Also, drafting either of these guys doesn't preclude us from traking Lockett.
[Reply]
royalschiefs 02:42 PM 04-02-2015
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Nelson Agholor or Phillip Dorsett. Personally, I like Agholor, given his open field ability and history as a RB.

But Dorsett is a hell of a route runner, and either would be great.

Also, drafting either of these guys doesn't preclude us from traking Lockett.
Charles+Maclin+DAT+Dorsett/Agholor+Lockett all on the field at the same time...

:-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:43 PM 04-02-2015
Originally Posted by O.city:
You need an x wr to run all the under routes and goes, etc.

Agholor or Devin smith
I would have no problem going with either of those 2 in the 2nd and then Lockett in the 3rd.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 02:48 PM 04-02-2015
KC might actually want to draft a receiver with some height.
[Reply]
royalschiefs 02:53 PM 04-02-2015
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/jordan-taylor?id=2552416
[Reply]
planetdoc 07:10 PM 04-02-2015
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
thinking the same thing recently.
Maclin, DAT, wilson, and maclin are all under 6' receivers.

Da'Rick rodgers is the only non broke dick taller than 6'.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:41 PM 04-02-2015
Anyone else a little worried about Agholor due to the mediocrity of USC past receivers?

I'm thinking we will get a big target early and then a guy who can be like DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin. I think Tyler Lockett and Phillip Dorsett fit that perfectly if we go that route early.
Rashad Greene or Jameson Crowder would be nice mid round slot guys as well.
[Reply]
smith11 12:55 AM 04-03-2015
Originally Posted by planetdoc:
thinking the same thing recently.
Maclin, DAT, wilson, and maclin are all under 6' receivers.

Da'Rick rodgers is the only non broke dick taller than 6'.
vince mayle is 6-2 and has size to run slants like bowe did
[Reply]
Saccopoo 01:27 AM 04-03-2015
Originally Posted by smith11:
vince mayle is 6-2 and has size to run slants like bowe did

[Reply]
Page 29 of 37
« First < 192526272829 30313233 > Last »
Up