ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 37
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Let's talk WRs
OldSchool 09:52 AM 09-19-2014
Who's your top ranked receiver right now?

For me, the most pro-ready and best all around prospect at WR is Amari Cooper. He would come in and immediately start across from Bowe and eventually replace him as the primary WR.

What's wrong with Sammy Coates?

The guy has all of the tools in the world, I would equate him to Vernon Davis but at the WR position, but he hasn't produced much at all this season. Coates isn't even close to being his team's leading receiver so I'm not going to blame it on the scheme. Physically, Coates looks like a top 10 pick but his production is that of a mid to late rounder. Where would you take him?

Any thoughts on Coates' teammate, D'haquille Williams?

There is a massive difference in production between he and Sammy Coates so far this year; yes, this could be entirely due to Coates being injured from the Arkansas game but Coates only caught one pass in that game and dropped a possible TD pass despite playing 52 snaps against the Razorbacks. Williams is a JUCO transfer with good size, speed, and explosiveness, though not on the same level as Coates as far as pure physical ability goes. Is he a potential #1 WR or just a 2 at best?

Does DGB declare? If so, do you even dare to touch him given his off-field issues?

Despite not playing this season, I think that there is a real possibility that DGB does declare for the 2015 NFL draft; he just doesn't seem like the type of person who would be willing to go through another year of college over getting paid as a pro athlete. If he does declare, what round would you be willing to take a risk on him? The guy has had problems with at least two key NFL issues, abuse of women and weed. DGB has top 5 talent but an off-field reputation that would have him banned from the league if he had committed those acts as a Pro.

Do Jaelen Strong, Kevin White, or Devante Parker have enough speed to be potential #1 WRs? If not, are their other gifts good enough for them to be close to what Larry Fitzgerald has been in the league?

Is Stefon Diggs actually that fast? When I watch him, I don't see the same dimension of speed that guys like Jackson, Wallace, etc have. I'll be very curious to see what he actually runs at the Combine.

Who are you guys keeping your eyes on this year at the WR position?
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:26 PM 03-17-2015
I'd be a lot more confident if we had Maclin and Sanders on the roster
[Reply]
OldSchool 08:32 PM 03-18-2015
Originally Posted by philfree:
How many WRs will be drafted in the first 50 picks or before our 2nd round pick?
I can see about 8-9 of them going before our 2nd pick.

White
Cooper
Parker
Strong
DGB
Perriman
Dorsett
Agholor
Smith
[Reply]
KevB 08:56 PM 03-18-2015
Originally Posted by OldSchool:

White
Cooper
Parker
Strong
DGB
Perriman
Dorsett
Agholor
Smith
Coates and Funchess may be in that mix as well, although I agree they're after your list. And that's when you start to get nervous about waiting until the 3rd to get an impact WR. Will Lockett, Hardy, McBride last until our 3rd round pick?
[Reply]
OldSchool 09:25 PM 03-18-2015
Originally Posted by KevB:
Coates and Funchess may be in that mix as well, although I agree they're after your list. And that's when you start to get nervous about waiting until the 3rd to get an impact WR. Will Lockett, Hardy, McBride last until our 3rd round pick?
I don't think Funchess goes that early, too much bad tape and very poor showing at the Combine.
[Reply]
spanky 52 07:43 AM 03-19-2015
I think the third is when we'll get a wr.
[Reply]
OldSchool 08:41 AM 03-19-2015
Originally Posted by spanky 52:
I can see Dorsey pulling the trigger on a super raw dude like Darren Waller with the 3rd round comp. He seems to enjoy projects.

I hope McBride isn't gone by then.
[Reply]
kcchiefsus 09:03 AM 03-19-2015
Would be fucking stupid yet again.

Maclin is an upgrade, sure. But there's a reason teams carry 5 wide receivers usually. We have jack shit at WR after Maclin. Wilson looks promising but we still need another 2 receivers. Wait until the third and we're looking at table scraps and a player that likely isn't going to amount to shit..
[Reply]
philfree 10:06 AM 03-19-2015

White
Cooper
Parker
Strong
DGB
Perriman
Dorsett
Agholor
Smith
I doubt we pick DGB at 18 so assuming the top three are off the board a trade down and a pick of Agholor might the only way we get the WR we need.
[Reply]
Jakemall 10:10 AM 03-19-2015
Originally Posted by kcchiefsus:
Would be ****ing stupid yet again.

Maclin is an upgrade, sure. But there's a reason teams carry 5 wide receivers usually. We have jack shit at WR after Maclin. Wilson looks promising but we still need another 2 receivers. Wait until the third and we're looking at table scraps and a player that likely isn't going to amount to shit..
Need time to throw if you're going to utilize those great WRs. But we've addressed some on the line too. I'd expect BPA at our pick between WR, OL and maybe DB and let the draft fall however it falls.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:21 PM 03-19-2015
2nd unless one of the top 3 falls. And then another WR around the 5th round.
[Reply]
jd1020 02:38 PM 03-19-2015
Originally Posted by Dicky McElephant:
2nd unless one of the top 3 falls. And then another WR around the 5th round.
Agreed.

Sammie Coates in the 2nd round because he's big, strong, fast, and not ready for the NFL.
[Reply]
OldSchool 02:39 PM 03-19-2015
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Agreed.

Sammie Coates in the 2nd round because he's big, strong, fast, and not ready for the NFL.
:-) And for people who hated Bowe for his ill-timed drops, they're going to be out for blood with Coates.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:44 PM 03-19-2015
Dorsett/Agholor in the 2nd and McBride in the 5th.
[Reply]
jd1020 02:46 PM 03-19-2015
:-) And for people who hated Bowe for his ill-timed drops, they're going to be out for blood with Coates.
Dorsey likes to try and turn water into wine.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:46 PM 03-19-2015
Mcbride is going in round 3 at worst. No way a guy that big and fast with elite hops and high point ability lasts that long.
I could even see him in the late 2nd round
[Reply]
Page 22 of 37
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Up