ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 14
« First < 3910111213 14 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Stand Up Comedy
58-4ever 08:07 PM 12-11-2013
So, I've done a lot of thinking about this "art form"... I have a lot of favorites. Growing up, my dad had a traveling job. I would steal his cassette tapes of various comedians and I instantly fell in love with that whole era of comedy. I grew up listening to Carlin, Cosby, and Pryor. Over the years, my taste for comedy has evolved quite a bit. If I had to list a top 5 (current guys/girls) it would include, no certain order:

1) Chappelle
2) Louis CK
3) Kevin Hart
4) Joe Rogan
5) Joey Diaz

I know this has been discussed before, so the repost police can suck a dick.
[Reply]
sedated 03:22 PM 09-06-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
For those who may have heard of him but never really saw anything of his, I noticed Comedy Central put Mitch Hedberg's big 'name-making' special on YT for free streaming recently
One of the shames about live TV changing the way things are done - Comedy Central used to play stand up (like Mitch) all day, now its just reruns of the Office. There are so many comedians that I'd probably never hear of if it wasn't for sitting around watching the old 80's and 90's classics. The A List was one of the shows that sticks out, along with reruns of HBO's old One Night Stand.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:52 PM 09-06-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
Tom Segura is really good these days
The best.

For a pretty clean comedian who is surprisingly very good - Nate Bargatze.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:53 PM 09-06-2022
I must be sexist because I really don't think any female comics are funny as standup comedians. But yet I defend the female Ghostbusters as not being a bad movie. Who knows.
[Reply]
Shag 06:56 PM 09-06-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
The best.

Bargatze really reminds me of Segura, in terms of delivery. Their style is very similar, and definitely works for both - supposed to be seeing Segura here locally soon, which should be awesome.
[Reply]
Dayze 07:49 PM 09-06-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
I keep trying to watch female comedians and they all suck. Nikki Glaser spends all her time talking sex and stupid shit that is so overdone. Her and Whitney Cummings try to outdo themselves being dirty for just beng dirty. They both suck.

No female comedians I know can tell funny life stories. Sarah Silverman comes close.

Ellen DeGeneres and Wanda Sykes are the last great female standups.

Does anyone know a single FUNNY one?
Kathleen madigan
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:58 PM 09-06-2022
Chris Porter

From KC and he's funny. Going to see him at the Blue Note in Dec
[Reply]
Mecca 02:47 PM 11-11-2022
Throw out some new comedians, I listen to stand up all the time and I'm looking for some new people to listen to...
[Reply]
BWillie 02:53 PM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Throw out some new comedians, I listen to stand up all the time and I'm looking for some new people to listen to...
Andi Smith..despite woman comic is pretty funny. Not real well known though
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 02:55 PM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
How about Matt Braunger? He's not new, but I think he's underrated.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:56 PM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
How about Matt Braunger? He's not new, but I think he's underrated.
New to me works honestly, I'm sure I haven't heard everything out there.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 03:06 PM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
The best.

Bargatze is hysterically funny. He was just in town a few weeks ago and had some new material, it was absolutely terrific. Best part is I can watch him with my kids around because he's not raunchy at all. Love that dude.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:28 PM 11-11-2022
Been a while since I've really become a fan of a stand-up, but recently Bill Burr has become one for me. He thinks like I do. He just says it in ways that are a lot funnier than what comes out of my mouth most of the time.

As for female stand-ups, well, maybe it's me, but I never saw one that was really that good. I like Whitney Cummings, but she's not on the same level as any of the best male stand-ups.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:03 PM 11-11-2022
I'm going to see David Koechner, Anchor Man fame, tomorrow night in Des Moines. Don't know what to expect.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:41 PM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Been a while since I've really become a fan of a stand-up, but recently Bill Burr has become one for me. He thinks like I do. He just says it in ways that are a lot funnier than what comes out of my mouth most of the time.

As for female stand-ups, well, maybe it's me, but I never saw one that was really that good. I like Whitney Cummings, but she's not on the same level as any of the best male stand-ups.
He has a Monday morning podcast every week, you should give that a look.
[Reply]
otherstar 07:43 PM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
I'm going to see David Koechner, Anchor Man fame, tomorrow night in Des Moines. Don't know what to expect.
Cool guy! I don't know much about his comedy, but I went to college with his sister Joan at Benedictine College in Atchison in the early 90s. David attended Benedictine, but before I started there (I'm not sure if he graduated from there or not).
[Reply]
Page 13 of 14
« First < 3910111213 14 >
Up