ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 14
« First < 7891011 121314 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Stand Up Comedy
58-4ever 08:07 PM 12-11-2013
So, I've done a lot of thinking about this "art form"... I have a lot of favorites. Growing up, my dad had a traveling job. I would steal his cassette tapes of various comedians and I instantly fell in love with that whole era of comedy. I grew up listening to Carlin, Cosby, and Pryor. Over the years, my taste for comedy has evolved quite a bit. If I had to list a top 5 (current guys/girls) it would include, no certain order:

1) Chappelle
2) Louis CK
3) Kevin Hart
4) Joe Rogan
5) Joey Diaz

I know this has been discussed before, so the repost police can suck a dick.
[Reply]
ChiefAshhole1056 12:04 AM 05-17-2021
Originally Posted by cookster50:
Bill Burr coming to KC later in the year, have my tickets.
Saw him when he came to Houston. He absolutely slaughtered it. I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected I would.
[Reply]
Sorce 07:32 AM 05-17-2021
We came across Nate Bargatze's specials on netflix and I enjoyed both.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:33 AM 05-17-2021
Originally Posted by cookster50:
Bill Burr coming to KC later in the year, have my tickets.
Oh hell yes. Tom Segura is my favorite comic, but Burr is not far behind. Saw Segura in Sioux City, Iowa of all places a couple years ago. Great show.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:34 AM 05-17-2021
Originally Posted by Sorce:
If you wrote down what Bargatze says, it isn't really even funny, but how he says it just gets the job done.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:55 AM 05-17-2021
I like Anthony Jeselnik, Dave Chapelle, Demetri martin and Jimmy Carr.
[Reply]
sedated 10:00 AM 05-17-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Oh hell yes. Tom Segura is my favorite comic, but Burr is not far behind. Saw Segura in Sioux City, Iowa of all places a couple years ago. Great show.
I haven't been to a comedy show in KC since Hannibal Burress several years ago (Kathleen Madigan cancelled the show at the Midland on my birthday), but went to Omaha for Brian Regan and Des Moines for Chris Porter sometime just before covid hit.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 11:28 AM 05-17-2021
Tom Segura, Bert Kreischer, Bill Burr, Dave Chapelle, Jo Koy, Doug Stanhope, Nick Swardson, Joey Diaz, Norm McDonald, Dan Cummins, many others.

It'll be great to have new standup again.
[Reply]
58-4ever 11:29 AM 05-17-2021
I saw Greg Fitzsimmons over at "The Comedy Club" on State Line. That place is AWESOME, and I'm excited to continue to support it!!
[Reply]
sedated 01:02 PM 05-17-2021
Originally Posted by 58-4ever:
I saw Greg Fitzsimmons over at "The Comedy Club" on State Line.
That's a name I haven't heard since the old days of Comedy Central when they showed actual stand-up comedy.

He might have been on the show Crashing (HBO), which I would highly recommend for anyone that likes stand-up. Not a comedy, but funny. Cancelled way too soon (3 seasons). Lots of comedians popped up on that one.
[Reply]
58-4ever 01:48 PM 05-17-2021
Originally Posted by Sorce:
he is SO funny that I didn't even realize he was a clean comic... just genuine brilliance.
[Reply]
58-4ever 01:49 PM 05-17-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:
That's a name I haven't heard since the old days of Comedy Central when they showed actual stand-up comedy.

He might have been on the show Crashing (HBO), which I would highly recommend for anyone that likes stand-up. Not a comedy, but funny. Cancelled way too soon (3 seasons). Lots of comedians popped up on that one.
He's so good. I'm sure he has written for several shows that everyone watches.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:59 PM 05-17-2021
Originally Posted by 58-4ever:
He's so good. I'm sure he has written for several shows that everyone watches.
His biggest profile of late has been him dropping hints about the shenanigans he witnessed while on staff at Ellen.
[Reply]
Otter 02:07 PM 05-17-2021
Bill Burr seems to have lost his edge since he got married and had kids.

He was one of the best in his prime.
[Reply]
Pablo 02:36 PM 05-17-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:

Have you watched F is for Family? It’s great and while not standup it’s still him.
[Reply]
Rausch 03:08 PM 05-17-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:

Yes and Yes...
[Reply]
Page 11 of 14
« First < 7891011 121314 >
Up