ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2587 of 2692
« First < 1587208724872537257725832584258525862587 2588258925902591259726372687 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Kman34 03:37 PM 12-25-2023
He was exhausted running for his life and heard footsteps the whole game.. Tackle play was awful... Trickled down to my hero who isn't infallible..
[Reply]
BWillie 03:40 PM 12-25-2023
I'm beginning to get somewhat worried what Mahomes will look like without Kelce. I know he will always be one of the best QBs in the league either way but it remains to be seen if he can be the GOAT without Travis Kelce.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:43 PM 12-25-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I'm beginning to get somewhat worried what Mahomes will look like without Kelce. I know he will always be one of the best QBs in the league either way but it remains to be seen if he can be the GOAT without Travis Kelce.
Get another top receiving threat (or even a guy who can catch at all) and he will be more than fine.
[Reply]
DRM08 03:54 PM 12-25-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I think Kelce is holding him back right now. Travis has slowed down and isn’t open 95% of the time, but Patrick keeps focusing on him instead of other receivers.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:00 PM 12-25-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
We’ll need to see the All-22 but guys appeared to be open to me. He was just refusing to throw the fucking football.

I mentioned it in the GDT but I’ll say it again here: most QBs can’t wait to get rid of the football after they’ve gotten knocked around a bit. Mahomes has this weird quirk where he actually holds the ball even longer after he gets roughed up.

I really don’t get it.

There were several quick hitter plays where he got rid of it quickly and on time/target, but the receivers fucked them up. Then you have MVS quitting o plays, or just outright running the things incorrectly. Drops. Fumbles. I mean, what do you want him to do?

In the end, Pat began trying to win the game by himself. He ran the ball 10 times (he was our leading rusher, ffs).

Not saying he was perfect, because I did see at least one snap when a receiver was wide open, but he went with the underneath route, and didn't get the 1st.

But this OL and these receivers are the largest/worst issues of the offense, not Pat. Pat's just not playing at God level, which is probably about the only thing that would give us even a chance to win these games. Playing like a top-10 QB just isn't going to get it done this season.
[Reply]
kcbubb 04:15 PM 12-25-2023
Lots of people open today. Pat just had a bad game. He’s human.
[Reply]
irafreak 04:36 PM 12-25-2023
Offense really needs an identity and I hate saying it but it may be an alex Smith style identity. Just protect the football better and let the defense keep you in the game. Let the other team mess up. It's not a winning formula for a superbowl most of the time but it may be the best chance in the playoffs this season.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:46 PM 12-25-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
There were several quick hitter plays where he got rid of it quickly and on time/target, but the receivers fucked them up. Then you have MVS quitting o plays, or just outright running the things incorrectly. Drops. Fumbles. I mean, what do you want him to do?.
I want him to throw the football to the open man
[Reply]
-King- 04:52 PM 12-25-2023
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
Lots of people open today. Pat just had a bad game. He’s human.
I was at the game. Players weren't getting open for the most part. Pat was horrific but my God I don't think anyone on offense played even an average game.

Also, I counted a 6 play stretch where Rice wasn't on the field and a few other stretches in the game. I don't fucking understand in what world Rice isn't out there unless he literally can't breathe he's so out of breath. You would think Ross was showing them something in practice the number of plays we gave him.

Everything on offense is a fucking mess. This might be one of if not the worst Reid team I've ever watched offensively.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:55 PM 12-25-2023
Originally Posted by -King-:
I was at the game. Players weren't getting open for the most part. Pat was horrific but my God I don't think anyone on offense played even an average game.

Also, I counted a 6 play stretch where Rice wasn't on the field and a few other stretches in the game. I don't ****ing understand in what world Rice isn't out there unless he literally can't breathe he's so out of breath. You would think Ross was showing them something in practice the number of plays we gave him.

Everything on offense is a ****ing mess. This might be one of if not the worst Reid team I've ever watched offensively.
I think Rice was tired. Mahomes was extending plays all game. Lot of running when your QB is running around every play
[Reply]
-King- 04:58 PM 12-25-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I think Rice was tired. Mahomes was extending plays all game. Lot of running when your QB is running around every play
The 6+ play stretch happened on the 1st quarter that carried into the 2nd quarter.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 05:08 PM 12-25-2023
Entire offense did not play well. Oline needed help from play action and Andy didn’t call much. Receivers weren’t good and Pat missed several reads, including one on that huge pick 6.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:15 PM 12-25-2023

Nobody's open. pic.twitter.com/69foMoWqUU

— Bill Barnwell (@billbarnwell) December 25, 2023

Has been happening all season long. A combination of having no WRs and Kelce decline.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 05:25 PM 12-25-2023
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
Entire offense did not play well. Oline needed help from play action and Andy didn’t call much. Receivers weren’t good and Pat missed several reads, including one on that huge pick 6.
Play action doesn't work when you can't run the ball. Plus, it necessitates better pass blocking, which they didn't have.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:45 PM 12-25-2023
Originally Posted by -King-:

Also, I counted a 6 play stretch where Rice wasn't on the field and a few other stretches in the game. I don't ****ing understand in what world Rice isn't out there unless he literally can't breathe he's so out of breath. You would think Ross was showing them something in practice the number of plays we gave him.

Everything on offense is a ****ing mess. This might be one of if not the worst Reid team I've ever watched offensively.
I was at the game as well. Players were open. I was disappointed we didn't run more of a horizontal game/look to slow down their edges. They were lining up wide and we showed not threat of going outside. This was possibly Mahomes worse game as a chief in my opinion. He had open guys and decided to run it, many times he had a tight, but ok pocket and his eyes weren't staying downfield. He would have quick 3 step reads and wasn't pulling the trigger. Made some really bad decision on balls as well and it could have been even worse. It was eerily similar to the 2nd half of the Bengals AFCCG 2 years ago. He was easily frazzled most of the game and didn't seem to have control between plays/presnap. It was like the whole team was in a funk
[Reply]
Page 2587 of 2692
« First < 1587208724872537257725832584258525862587 2588258925902591259726372687 > Last »
Up