ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 177 of 1209
« First < 77127167173174175176177 1781791801811872272776771177 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:59 AM 07-07-2016
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
That's the shits.

Any idea what went wrong? Not that I'm going to try to do it.
Not really. The red pepper was too much, and I think the vinegar might have been too much.
[Reply]
Buzz 07:32 PM 07-07-2016
Salmon patty, mac & cheese and ****ing peas.
Attached: 000_0011 (2).jpg (129.7 KB) 
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:20 PM 07-07-2016
Never had a salmon patty before. What's in it, especially for seasonings? I have a friend who swears by marjoram in a salmon patty.

I'm going to make steak au poivre tomorrow. It's a trial run because it looks like a dish that'd be good for a couple I want to invite over at some point. Never made it before.

I thought I saw mention of this dish somewhere today. I got curious and looked it up. It looks like the perfect meal for an elegant dinner party.

I think potatoes dauphinoise would go well but the filet is supposed to be the center piece. Not that I will make these tommorrow but for later. Another ideas for sides or a special potato dish.

Potatoes Anna, Hasselbacks better?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 04:21 AM 07-08-2016
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Never had a salmon patty before. What's in it, especially for seasonings? I have a friend who swears by marjoram in a salmon patty.

I'm going to make steak au poivre tomorrow. It's a trial run because it looks like a dish that'd be good for a couple I want to invite over at some point. Never made it before.

I thought I saw mention of this dish somewhere today. I got curious and looked it up. It looks like the perfect meal for an elegant dinner party.

I think potatoes dauphinoise would go well but the filet is supposed to be the center piece. Not that I will make these tommorrow but for later. Another ideas for sides or a special potato dish.

Potatoes Anna, Hasselbacks better?

Personally, I'd do the steak au poivre with a great KC strip (prime if you can find it), but filet is probably not in my top 5 steaks. I just think they're terribly overpriced and the only thing they really bring to the table is tenderness.

As for potatoes, without looking up what those are you mentioned, a well made potato galette is always elegant and tasty.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:56 AM 07-08-2016
Interesting.

I googled potato recipes and saw roasted baby Yukons with wild mushrooms which looked like a good match for the steak, especially since this will be in the fall.

I have some ideas for salad, appetizers and desserts but if anyone has ideas, I am all eyes. Would like to keep French if possible.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:07 AM 07-08-2016
Hungry Jack/ Buzz
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:16 AM 07-08-2016
FMB,
Don't know if I can get a KC strip (prime ) around here. Isn't that the same as a NY strip.

I suppose I could test it with a strip and a filet. I love both.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:20 AM 07-08-2016
FMB,
Don't know if I can get a KC strip (prime ) around here. Isn't that the same as a NY strip.

I suppose I could test it with a strip and a filet. I love both.
Same thing. Even a good choice would be fine, but if you can get prime, that's obviously better. Do you have a Costco membership? They typically carry prime steaks.

I just think filet is a waste. It has almost no flavor of its own, so you're basically make a very tender steak with minimal flavor with a great sauce. I'd prefer to have a great sauce with a great steak. JMO. :-)
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:35 AM 07-08-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Same thing. Even a good choice would be fine, but if you can get prime, that's obviously better. Do you have a Costco membership? They typically carry prime steaks.
Yes I do. Their steaks are excellent too.

Originally Posted by :
I just think filet is a waste. It has almost no flavor of its own, so you're basically make a very tender steak with minimal flavor with a great sauce. I'd prefer to have a great sauce with a great steak. JMO. :-)
I get ya'. It's just a lot of people do love a filet mignon tho' too. I have plenty of time to try it on both. I don't want to do a new recipe when having guests.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:36 AM 07-08-2016
I want to do a seafood appetizer for a surf & turf approach. Thinking of mini-crab cakes. This is more American tho'. So any other ideas not too rich to kill appetites?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:37 AM 07-08-2016
Yes I do. Their steaks are excellent too.

I get ya'. It's just a lot of people do love a filet mignon tho' too. I have plenty of time to try it on both. I don't want to do a new recipe when having guests.
Completely understand and agree.
[Reply]
Donger 09:38 AM 07-08-2016
Baked halibut and rice. The boy's favorite, except for king crab.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:39 AM 07-08-2016
Originally Posted by Donger:
Baked halibut and rice. The boy's favorite, except for king crab.
I'll bet he'd love an awesome homemade pizza, though. :-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:40 AM 07-08-2016
Grilled shrimp. Can't go wrong.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:52 AM 07-08-2016
Hmmm. Grilled shrimp and perhaps mini-crab cakes sound like good ideas.
[Reply]
Page 177 of 1209
« First < 77127167173174175176177 1781791801811872272776771177 > Last »
Up