ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 154 of 726
« First < 54104144150151152153154 155156157158164204254654 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>New Conference re-alignment thread
Saulbadguy 07:57 AM 09-12-2011
The old one has AIDS.

Anyways, Chip Brown from Orangebloods.com reports OU may apply to the Pac-12 by the end of the month.

Oklahoma will apply for membership to the Pac-12 before the end of the month, and Oklahoma State is expected to follow suit, a source close to OU's administration told Orangebloods.com.

Even though Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott said Friday the Pac-12 was not interested in expansion at this time, OU's board of regents is fed up with the instability in the Big 12, the source said.

The OU board of regents will meet within two weeks to formalize plans to apply for membership to the Pac-12, the source said.

Messages left Sunday night with OU athletic director Joe Castiglione and Oklahoma State athletic director Mike Holder were not immediately returned.

If OU follows through with what appears to be a unanimous sentiment on the seven-member Oklahoma board of regents to leave the Big 12, realignment in college athletics could be heating back up. OU's application would be matched by an application from Oklahoma State, the source said, even though OSU president Burns Hargis and mega-booster Boone Pickens both voiced their support for the Big 12 last Thursday.

There is differing sentiment about if the Pac-12 presidents and chancellors are ready to expand again after bringing in Colorado and Utah last year and landing $3 billion TV contracts from Fox and ESPN. Colorado president Bruce Benson told reporters last week CU would be opposed to any expansion that might bring about east and west divisions in the Pac-12.

Currently, there are north and south divisions in the Pac-12. If OU and OSU were to join, Larry Scott would have to get creative.

Scott's orginal plan last summer was to bring in Colorado, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State and put them in an eastern division with Arizona and Arizona State. The old Pac-8 schools (USC, UCLA, Cal, Stanford, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington and Washington State) were to be in the west division.

Colorado made the move in June 2010, but when Texas A&M was not on board to go west, the Big 12 came back together with the help of its television partners (ABC/ESPN and Fox).

If Oklahoma and Oklahoma State were accepted into the Pac-12, there would undoubtedly be a hope by Larry Scott that Texas would join the league. But Texas sources have indicated UT is determined to hang onto the Longhorn Network, which would not be permissible in the Pac-12 in its current form.

Texas sources continue to indicate to Orangebloods.com that if the Big 12 falls apart, the Longhorns would consider "all options."

Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe held an emergency conference call 10 days ago with league presidents excluding Oklahoma, Texas and Texas A&M and asked the other league presidents to "work on Texas" because Beebe didn't think the Pac-12 would take Oklahoma without Texas.

Now, it appears OU is willing to take its chances with the Pac-12 with or without Texas.

There seemed to be a temporary pause in any possible shifting of the college athletics' landscape when Baylor led a charge to tie up Texas A&M's move to the Southeastern Conference in legal red tape. BU refused to waive its right to sue the SEC over A&M's departure from the Big 12, and the SEC said it would not admit Texas A&M until it had been cleared of any potential lawsuits.

Baylor, Kansas and Iowa State have indicated they will not waive their right to sue the SEC.

It's unclear if an application by OU to the Pac-12 would draw the same threats of litigation against the Pac-12 from those Big 12 schools.

Stay tuned.
[Reply]
Stewie 03:09 PM 10-03-2011
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
Mizzou Fan can get in the car and drive to Ames, Manhattan and Lawrence. Which interestingly enough, are the three worst road trips in the conference.
Since when is Lawrence one of the worst road trips? Have you ever been there? I know Lubbock, Waco and Stillwater are hot spots and everyone wants to go there. :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:10 PM 10-03-2011
Originally Posted by Stewie:
I listened to that and then switched to 610 where he was interviewed immediately afterwards.

Basically, he sounds like the CEO of a publicly listed company. He isn't going to say anything of substance to Joe Blow. He picks his words very carefully and sticks to the point he wants to make. Being careful may sound like he's slow but Neinas is a smart guy if you listen to him.
I don't get the feeling that he's unintelligent - rather simply uninformed or uninvested.

He just gives off a very half-assed vibe to me. I half expect him to say "let them eat cake" at some point.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 03:31 PM 10-03-2011
I listened to that and then switched to 610 where he was interviewed immediately afterwards.

Basically, he sounds like the CEO of a publicly listed company. He isn't going to say anything of substance to Joe Blow. He picks his words very carefully and sticks to the point he wants to make. Being careful may sound like he's slow but Neinas is a smart guy if you listen to him.
Is the 610 bit worth listening too, or did he just restate what he said on 810?
[Reply]
Stewie 03:34 PM 10-03-2011
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
Is the 610 bit worth listening too, or did he just restate what he said on 810?
He was diplomatic and made no big announcement or anything. He only allows 10 minutes, so it's not a long interview.

He seems confident that MU will stay in the Big XII. He doesn't give any details about why.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 03:34 PM 10-03-2011
in a related note, is there any message board more annoying in format than Tigerboard?
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 03:36 PM 10-03-2011
Since when is Lawrence one of the worst road trips? Have you ever been there? I know Lubbock, Waco and Stillwater are hot spots and everyone wants to go there. :-)
The football atmosphere in Lawrence is fucking pathetic - as is most of the B12. The best B12 road trip for Mizzou fans just left for the B1G.

Who gives a shit if Lawrence is only 170 miles from Columbia? Any real football fan would likely rather drive the extra distance to see Mizzou play in a SEC stadium.

Neinas is trying (and failing) to make a point about travel should Mizzou leave. Dude's grasping at straws.
[Reply]
|Zach| 03:38 PM 10-03-2011
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
in a related note, is there any message board more annoying in format than Tigerboard?
Fucking horrible.
[Reply]
Stewie 03:38 PM 10-03-2011
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
The football atmosphere in Lawrence is fucking pathetic - as is most of the B12. The best B12 road trip for Mizzou fans just left for the B1G.

Who gives a shit if Lawrence is only 170 miles from Columbia? Any real football fan would likely rather drive the extra distance to see Mizzou play in a SEC stadium.
What? When was the last KU football game you went to? And how many tickets were you able to get from Nebraska for one of their home games?

Missouri fans don't travel well. Hell, they don't even travel to Columbia for basketball games.
[Reply]
eazyb81 03:40 PM 10-03-2011
What? When was the last KU football game you went to?

Missouri fans don't travel well. Hell, they don't even travel to Columbia for basketball games.
Hell, ku fans don't travel to Arrowhead for a supposed rivalry game.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 03:41 PM 10-03-2011
Originally Posted by eazyb81:
Hell Most MU fans are at WOF on Sundays anyway...
[Reply]
Bowser 03:42 PM 10-03-2011
Originally Posted by ReeTodd_KC:
Hell Most MU fans are at WOF on Sundays anyway...

[Reply]
Stewie 03:42 PM 10-03-2011
I believe that ticket sales for both sides has been about even until last year.
[Reply]
eazyb81 03:44 PM 10-03-2011
I believe that ticket sales for both sides has been about even until last year.
I believe you didn't attend or watch last year's game if you think that. If you'd like I can dig up some pictures of the raucous ku crowd.
[Reply]
Stewie 03:45 PM 10-03-2011
I believe you didn't attend or watch last year's game if you think that. If you'd like I can dig up some pictures of the raucous ku crowd.
You must be an MU fan. You have NO reading comprehension AT ALL. Jesus!
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 03:47 PM 10-03-2011
And? Why does this have to be a dick measuring contest?

I am a KU fan and I dont give a flying fuck about what OTWP says about my fan experience on Gameday...

Its what you make of it anyway. I have had just as much fun at KU as I have watching games in Clemson, OU, Tulane, Florida St and South Carolina...

Hell I am sure if I want to MU to watch a game it would be a blast regardless of who is playing...
[Reply]
Page 154 of 726
« First < 54104144150151152153154 155156157158164204254654 > Last »
Up