ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 46 of 382
« First < 364243444546 474849505696146 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
NewChief 12:21 PM 12-04-2010
Originally Posted by irishjayhawk:
Tried BLVD's Long Strange Tripel again. The first time I had it I loathed it. But that was at the beginning of my beer exploration. This time, I enjoyed it very much.
I had it last night as well. I liked it, but I didn't find it to be as interesting or awe inspiring as the stout or the farmhouse. That being said, I was drinking it with other people, so I didn't get to drink the whole bottle by myself. I was also distracted because we were talking and socializing.
[Reply]
irishjayhawk 12:22 PM 12-04-2010
Originally Posted by NewPhin:
I had it last night as well. I liked it, but I didn't find it to be as interesting or awe inspiring as the stout or the farmhouse.
Agreed.
[Reply]
irishjayhawk 05:37 PM 12-04-2010
Just got back from the liquor store with:

Avery Samael
Founder's Breakfast Stout (4pk)
Black Albert
Mikkeller Beer Geek Breakfast (didn't have the Weasel and guy said it wouldn't come back out for a long, long time)
Peche Mortel
Sierra Nevada Harvest Ale
Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Wild Ale
Goose Island Fleur
Schneider Aventinus.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:40 PM 12-04-2010

Avery Samael
Black Albert
Mikkeller Beer Geek Breakfast (didn't have the Weasel and guy said it wouldn't come back out for a long, long time)
Peche Mortel
Goose Island Fleur
Schneider Aventinus.
That should hold you for about four hours or so....

The wife requested Double Chocolate Stout for the tailgate tomorrow. Drinking one of those is like drinking a meal. Gluh.
[Reply]
irishjayhawk 05:41 PM 12-04-2010
Originally Posted by Bowser:
That should hold you for about four hours or so....

The wife requested Double Chocolate Stout for the tailgate tomorrow. Drinking one of those is like drinking a meal. Gluh.
I feel that with some chocolate stouts but Young's just doesn't for some reason. So light.
[Reply]
Reaper16 05:42 PM 12-04-2010

Avery Samael
Black Albert
Peche Mortel
Goose Island Fleur
Schneider Aventinus.
Great, great haul there. Good work.
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 05:51 PM 12-04-2010
Was in a rush and grabbed the wrong beer....a chile beer.

Not a fan
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 06:00 PM 12-04-2010
Southern Tier Mokah tonight. omfg.
[Reply]
irishjayhawk 06:09 PM 12-04-2010
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
Great, great haul there. Good work.
Have you had Rogue's Chipotle Ale?

I almost grabbed one just out of curiosity but was weary. It sounds like it could be a good twist but also a disasterous one. I ended up leaning in the latter direction.
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 06:14 PM 12-04-2010
Have you had Rogue's Chipotle Ale?

I almost grabbed one just out of curiosity but was weary. It sounds like it could be a good twist but also a disasterous one. I ended up leaning in the latter direction.
Heh. This is the beer I grabbed instead of the chocolate stout. I'm warming up to it as I drink it, but I wouldn't buy it again. Might be better if I was drinking It with a meal.
[Reply]
kstater 06:22 PM 12-04-2010
Schneider Aventinus.
My all-time favorite here.
[Reply]
ozarkchief 08:01 PM 12-04-2010
Made a nostalgic purchase tonight...Heineken. Drank a lot of this stuff during my college years. Just downed one, and it's not as good as I remember, but I think my taste has evolved to more enjoy more substantive beers. Still, not horrible...I may knock down a few or more of these tonight.
[Reply]
the Talking Can 08:50 PM 12-04-2010
Originally Posted by the Talking Can:
just picked up a Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout

and a fort collins double chocolate stout (just checked beeradvocate and they rated it D+ Avoid....so, we'll see...)
the lagunitas was tasty...not remarkable, but good, happy to have tried it and would drink it again

the fort collins isn't bad as i feared based on the review...just uninteresting and kind of dull, but fine as i already have a buzz...would not buy it again
[Reply]
Bowser 09:07 PM 12-04-2010
Need to make another Flying Saucer run one of these days.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 09:16 PM 12-04-2010
Originally Posted by the Talking Can:
the lagunitas was tasty...not remarkable, but good, happy to have tried it and would drink it again

the fort collins isn't bad as i feared based on the review...just uninteresting and kind of dull, but fine as i already have a buzz...would not but it again
I have a Lagunitas wild sumptin ale (or something like that) in the fridge...and I agree with you about the Ft Collins Double Chocolate Stout...very meh.
[Reply]
Page 46 of 382
« First < 364243444546 474849505696146 > Last »
Up