ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 136 of 145
« First < 3686126132133134135136 137138139140 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Gasoline over $4 coming to a pump near you because this thread is ass
Donger 08:40 AM 04-23-2007
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=afOlUzd30YOo

Pretty alarmist, IMO, but possible.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
notorious 07:22 AM 09-10-2023
It's almost as if someone warned you last week.

Topped off our underground diesel and gas tanks when I saw the spikes in crude, before the Alaskan announcement.
[Reply]
Tylerthigpen!1! 11:41 AM 09-10-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
How nice that rich folks have this level of understanding.:-)
So am I correct in thinking you want the government to subsidize the poor?

Originally Posted by Otter:
Ever try and drive w/o 4wd at 10,000 feet in Colorado in January?
Valid point for you but not a valid point for 99% of the country. Most trucks/SUVs are "lifestyle" vehicles that only transport people to and from work in mild weather. I've commuted in ice just fine in my fwd hatchback with chains. I've completely gutted and remodeled a house using only said hatchback and a $500 trailer. Do I get weird looks at Home Depot? Yep but I dont care. I'm using my shitcan hatchback waaaay harder than most consumer trucks ever get used.

I have no sympathy for folks who buy fuel inefficient cars just so they can project a masculine or cool (or whatever hole they are trying to fill) image. Joel Salatin says "this is a result of a subconscious dissatisfaction with life. The emotional consequence of hurried, harried lifestyles, fighting the expressway and sitting in a Dilbert cubicle is a yearning to taste something real."

At the end of the day, I (and I think most folks) want a beautiful and awe inspiring world for my children to live in. Wasteful fossil fuel use only detracts from that.

"There are yet many boys to be born who, like Isaiah, ‘may see, and know, and consider, and understand together, that the hand of the lord hath done this.’ But where shall they see and know, and consider? In museums?” - Aldo Leopold

"I will plant cedars in the wilderness, acacias, myrtles, and olive trees. I will set cypresses in the desert, elms and boxwood together, so that all may see and know, may consider and understand, that the hand of the LORD has done this and the Holy One of Israel has created it.” Isaiah 41:19-20

Where are those cedars now? Almost extinct in lebanon from overuse. We live in a time of abundance (like Lebanon in Biblical times) but there won't be much left of the world for future generations if we are driven only by low prices.

This post goes well beyond the scope of your post so it is more in response to the general sentiment of the thread.
[Reply]
scho63 04:02 PM 09-10-2023
Is Donger happy our government doesn't want to drill and push gas to $10 a gallon?
[Reply]
Donger 04:17 PM 09-10-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:
Is Donger happy our government doesn't want to drill and push gas to $10 a gallon?
Perhaps you've heard of this forum?

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30
[Reply]
KingPriest2 06:40 PM 09-10-2023
Originally Posted by notorious:
It's almost as if someone warned you last week.

Topped off our underground diesel and gas tanks when I saw the spikes in crude, before the Alaskan announcement.
The Alaskan announcement has nothing to do with it

1. It’s a political dance. And the both parties know idiotic Americans will fall for the false announcements

2. Oil companies have never had any intention to drill in it

3. Even if they were going to drill. It would take years to benefit from it
Meaning it has no affect on price.
[Reply]
KingPriest2 06:40 PM 09-10-2023
Oil companies never were going to drill there
[Reply]
jjchieffan 07:59 PM 09-10-2023
Originally Posted by Tylerthigpen!1!:
So am I correct in thinking you want the government to subsidize the poor?

At the end of the day, I (and I think most folks) want a beautiful and awe inspiring world for my children to live in. Wasteful fossil fuel use only detracts from that.
So, please tell us how it is that cobalt, nickel, lithium, and lead mining for the batteries as well as disposal of said batteries and caustic battery acid in vehicles that run on electricity generated at coal powered electric plants is better for the environment than drilling oil. Not to mention the added strain on the electric grid. I am all for alternative fuel. But I don't see how electric cars are the answer. Trying to push people to electric by enacting the idiotic policies of Brandon that is causing our price at the pump to rise us a bunch of bullshit.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:09 PM 09-10-2023
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
So, please tell us how it is that cobalt, nickel, lithium, and lead mining for the batteries as well as disposal of said batteries and caustic battery acid in vehicles that run on electricity generated at coal powered electric plants is better for the environment than drilling oil. Not to mention the added strain on the electric grid. I am all for alternative fuel. But I don't see how electric cars are the answer. Trying to push people to electric by enacting the idiotic policies of Brandon that is causing our price at the pump to rise us a bunch of bullshit.
There is not one perfect energy source. One is not better or worse than the other.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 08:22 PM 09-10-2023
Should gas be the same price for essentially 20 years?

If I had to pick between 1) high gas prices and preserve God's creation for my kids or 2) low gas prices and every swinging dick driving a truck to their office/grocery store; I'm choosing one.

I realize that poor folks are paying a disproportionate share of the price increase. Pretty shit hand they were dealt.
I mean high gas prices aren't really going to discourage driving when there's no other options, all it does is further immiserate poor and working class people. High gas prices without a huge investment into public transit and pedestrian and bike infrastructure just drains bank accounts it's not going to stop people from driving and it's not like you can buy a sedan for less than $20k anymore
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 08:24 PM 09-10-2023
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
They're not the answer, the emissions savings from an electric car are about the same as going from an SUV to a compact car
[Reply]
Tylerthigpen!1! 09:47 PM 09-10-2023
I agree with yall, every option is fucked up. There are no easy answers.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:49 PM 09-10-2023

I have no sympathy for folks who buy fuel inefficient cars
That's nice, but it's not relevant to what other people want to buy and drive.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 01:35 PM 09-11-2023

The current average price is $3.98 per gallon, up 36 cents from a week ago. https://t.co/CO9d6283cQ

— Alpha News (@AlphaNewsMN) September 11, 2023

[Reply]
scho63 01:55 PM 09-11-2023
the ONLY green solution is hydrogen. EV's are another farce
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 01:59 PM 09-11-2023
the ONLY green solution is hydrogen. EV's are another farce
I don't think they're a farce, but they aren't a long term solution either.

I agree that hydrogen is the only possible green solution right now.
[Reply]
Page 136 of 145
« First < 3686126132133134135136 137138139140 > Last »
Up