ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 103 of 330
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107113153203 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Rasslin is YES! YES! YES!
Reaper16 09:58 AM 04-08-2014
Last thread has well over 10,000 replies. Its body is breaking down like The Undertaker's. Seeing as we might have crossed the threshold into a new era in the business, here's a fresh new thread.

[Reply]
ragedogg69 10:30 AM 03-19-2016
and for no reason, here is a Becky Lynch gif I just found:
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:33 AM 03-19-2016
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Do you think there is a good chance that this actually holds up on appeal?
$115 million? No.

But $75 million or more? Yeah, I do.

It's going to be a procedural appeal rather than any kind of Constitutional one (unless they really try to push it that far). The appeals court isn't going to hear a Constitutional appeal. What they'll look at is whether or not all evidence was rightly/wrongly excluded or omitted. Evidently Gawker believes a key witness was inappropriately excluded.

Appellate courts give MASSIVE latitude to trial level judges when it comes to evidentiary matters. So I think it's unlikely they'll rule that the exclusion was even inappropriate. Admittedly, I can't speak terribly strongly to it because I don't know why the witness was excluded or what he/she would've testified to.

Now even if they clear that hurdle, I don't think the verdict will be overturned because I believe the appellate court will call it harmless error. I don't know much about that witness but I do know that AJ Daulerio put forward the single worst deposition I've ever seen, he was nearly as bad as a witness and a complete tool during the trial. Daulerio absolutely massacred Gawker through his arrogance. I think there's a very good chance that an appellate court will look at all the evidence and decide that Gawker was drawing dead due to the rest of the evidence adduced.

As for their First Amendment article...it's just absolute bullshit. There is no way on this earth that a sex tape that was surruptitiously recorded without the consent of the parties and released for profit will be considered protected speech. Even getting to speech is a bridge too far, IMO, but even if they get there, it won't be considered protected.

Like I said, if there's a right to privacy, this absolutely violates it.

I think this one stands, at least to the extent needed to sink Gawker.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:38 AM 03-19-2016
Originally Posted by eDave:
Good for Terry. That was some shit.

Weird how no one is complaining about the compensation. Yet Erin Andrews gets half of that and it's BS to so many people.
My issue is the Defendants.

Gawker media actively and knowingly invaded Hogan's privacy by publishing that video both to embarrass him (as their internal memoranda established) and to profit.

Gawker was the correct Defendant in this case.

In the Andrews case, I still don't believe the Hotel committed actionable misconduct. I think there's an argument, but I don't think it's terribly compelling. There's just no foreseeability there and thus no proximate cause.

Hogan went after the right guys; Andrews went after the deepest pockets. That's the only objection I have.
[Reply]
ragedogg69 12:51 PM 03-19-2016
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I still don't believe the Hotel committed actionable misconduct.
huh?
[Reply]
TLO 12:54 PM 03-19-2016
Originally Posted by ragedogg69:
and for no reason, here is a Becky Lynch gif I just found:

[Reply]
chiefscafan 09:22 PM 03-21-2016
So that's how they retire the undertaker
[Reply]
mcaj22 10:37 PM 03-21-2016
there is going to be some sort of faction interference in Shane vs Taker but I can't figure out what wrestlers are going to side with who

I think it might be some Attitude Era vs WWE. I'd love for it to be the Bullet Club to come down and help Shane that would be huge. But I think like old Raw guys are going to help Taker. (Kane, Big Show, Jericho?, Mark Henry, maybe some other surprise oldies)
[Reply]
chiefscafan 10:40 PM 03-21-2016
So who sides with shane
[Reply]
mcaj22 10:51 PM 03-21-2016
I have no idea but its clear they might re-hash the WWF vs WCW storyline when Shane bought WCW and made his own team. Just theres no WCW so the faction he puts together might be of todays new talent vs the attitude era guys
[Reply]
chiefscafan 11:32 PM 03-21-2016
Hmm maybe should bring back cm punk like I said before
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:46 AM 03-22-2016
Originally Posted by chiefscafan:
So that's how they retire the undertaker
Taker isn't going out in a limp dick cell match. Shane is here to help out the family business that was faced with the shittiest card in a long time, since everyone is hurt.
[Reply]
Swanman 07:54 AM 03-22-2016
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
there is going to be some sort of faction interference in Shane vs Taker but I can't figure out what wrestlers are going to side with who

I think it might be some Attitude Era vs WWE. I'd love for it to be the Bullet Club to come down and help Shane that would be huge. But I think like old Raw guys are going to help Taker. (Kane, Big Show, Jericho?, Mark Henry, maybe some other surprise oldies)
I would love Anderson and Gallows to make their first appearance but I don't know how the crowd would react. The WM crowd tends to be fairly smarky so they would probably know exactly who it is. From a physical standpoint, Gallows is a big dude that can manhandle Taker if he interferes. The other new signees are all going to NXT (Nakamura, Aries, etc.)
[Reply]
mcaj22 08:16 AM 03-22-2016
Originally Posted by Swanman:
I would love Anderson and Gallows to make their first appearance but I don't know how the crowd would react. The WM crowd tends to be fairly smarky so they would probably know exactly who it is. From a physical standpoint, Gallows is a big dude that can manhandle Taker if he interferes. The other new signees are all going to NXT (Nakamura, Aries, etc.)
well we all know HBK, the Rock, Stone Cold will have a role in WM.

now I know the Rock will doing something with his cousin Roman Reigns to put him over, so I'd imagine maybe HBK is involved in helping Taker.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:54 AM 03-22-2016
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
well we all know HBK, the Rock, Stone Cold will have a role in WM.

now I know the Rock will doing something with his cousin Roman Reigns to put him over, so I'd imagine maybe HBK is involved in helping Taker.
They tried The Rock thing with Reigns before and it bombed. I doubt the Rock would do it again.
[Reply]
mcaj22 09:23 AM 03-22-2016
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
They tried The Rock thing with Reigns before and it bombed. I doubt the Rock would do it again.
he is definitely going to do it again lol
[Reply]
Page 103 of 330
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107113153203 > Last »
Up