ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 591 of 3903
« First < 91491541581587588589590591 59259359459560164169110911591 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 07:01 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
We are choosing to allow our elected officials to take away our individual rights to decide what is essential for our lives. I don’t know about you, but going to work everyday is essential to my existence. They are saying otherwise, like they some how know me and my life and can reasonably make that decision for me.

We are choosing to wreck the lives of the masses economically and through the loss of natural rights/civil liberties to save the lives of a few.

It absolutely is hysteria and overreaction.
So what would you recommend?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:01 PM 03-21-2020
We are choosing to allow our elected officials to take away our individual rights to decide what is essential for our lives. I don’t know about you, but going to work everyday is essential to my existence. They are saying otherwise, like they some how know me and my life and can reasonably make that decision for me.

We are choosing to wreck the lives of the masses economically and through the loss of natural rights/civil liberties to save the lives of a few.

I would really, really prefer not to get into a tit-for-tat discussion about this, so let's just amicably agree to disagree.

:-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:04 PM 03-21-2020
Noooooooooo! None of use would have ever guessed.
[Reply]
SupDock 03-21-2020, 07:06 PM
This message has been deleted by SupDock. Reason: https://youtu.be/oHg5SJYRHA0
RINGLEADER 07:07 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Outside of ground beef and a few other things, including toilet paper, I'm stocked up for a month.

What's really helping is that friends are texting from the various stores around town, letting others know who has what in stock at that particular time. It's been working out pretty well the past few days but I'd really like to get a few more things so that I don't need to leave the house for goods for the next 30 days. If that fails, I may drive 30-60 miles inland to see if it's any better there but it's probably just as big of a crapshoot as it is around here.

I'm not worried about myself and my wife has been able to get the food she likes and cooks from Trader Joe's, so it's really about my kids. We're doing our best to downplay this entire situation so that they're not psychologically affected and a big part of that is getting the type of food and brands they're used to eating daily and weekly. That's the been the biggest hurdle so far but I was able to get Oscar Mayer hot dogs, salami, baloney and other things today that will last a couple of weeks if we spread them out.
Consider yourself lucky to find hot dogs. The minute they started closing schools all the kid food disappeared almost instantly.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:10 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Consider yourself lucky to find hot dogs. The minute they started closing schools all the kid food disappeared almost instantly.
I know! It's crazy!

I purchased Oscar Mayer Angus Beef hot dogs for the first time today. I hope the kids like them because I tried to sneak past a package of Ball Park Chicken & Pork hot dogs last night and while they ate them, they did not like them.

And here I passed on a package of like 24+ hot dogs at Costco two Thursdays ago because I had "plenty" in the freezer.

It's so indescribable what's happened since.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:11 PM 03-21-2020
Dr. Fauci and Sanjay Gupta are on a CNN town hall right now taking viewers questions about the virus.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 07:13 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
So what would you recommend?
Pretty much the way we handled the swine flu and bird flu and the other virus pandemics we’ve faced - not freak the fuck out and shut down the country. I’m not trying be a cold hearted prick, I have older people in my life who are at risk from this but, the hard reality is that death is a part of life. For the rest of us still breathing, life does not stop. We have to keep living until our time comes.

Sitting around the house on a government mandate relying on the government to feed you is not living, it’s just kind of existing.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 07:14 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I would really, really prefer not to get into a tit-for-tat discussion about this, so let's just amicably agree to disagree.

Fair enough, sir.
[Reply]
eDave 07:15 PM 03-21-2020
I'm enjoying the daily scavenger hunt. Role playing TWD is fun.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:15 PM 03-21-2020
Well that sucks. I went out one last time yesterday and stocked up on more meat, both freezers are full. Between that and being fully stocked on tasty adult beverages, I think I'm good.
Ditto. As long as we have electricity I have 100 pounds of beef.

OH MY IT HAPPENED
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:15 PM 03-21-2020

Do you have any idea what would happen if we all were working right now and everyone was going out partying? I just want to hear what you think would happen. I'm curious because i thought most ppl through logical thinking have moved on from this way of thinking.
[Reply]
srvy 07:16 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Kids type food is pretty sparse in KC but I did find luck in Dollar General of all places the other day. Eckerage bologna Ball Park dogs Totino pizza rolls and pepperoni pizza. I was surprised all was cheaper than what I would pay on a regular world is sane day at Walmart. My daughter is a stinker she will simply go hungry if she doesn't have that crap.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 07:20 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Do you have any idea what would happen if we all were working right now and everyone was going out partying? I just want to hear what you think would happen. I'm curious because i thought most ppl through logical thinking have moved on from this way of thinking.
We would be providing for ourselves.
[Reply]
Bwana 07:24 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Ditto. As long as we have electricity I have 100 pounds of beef.

OH MY IT HAPPENED
The one thing I would like to have that has been an Unsolved Mystery, is Kidney beans for my Chili. Every firkin can in town is gone. Even Walmart on-line is pretty much out, other than the extreme price gougers. Not the end of the world, I can go all beef.

I ordered A LOT of charcoal today as well at regular price. All that seems to have vanished around here as well, of course it's not exactly BBQ season in Montana yet, so I think the stock was low to begin with. I have a couple of cords of wood out back, but I'm thinking ash and pine wouldn't exactly make the best smoking wood. :-)
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 07:24 PM 03-21-2020
Fauci hates all the conversations about the drugs they’re hoping work.

Every time they bring it up he does all he can not to roll his eyes.
[Reply]
Page 591 of 3903
« First < 91491541581587588589590591 59259359459560164169110911591 > Last »
Up