Nzoner's Game Room>Is CEH a JAG?
lewdog 06:47 AM 09-20-2021
Is Clyde just another guy?

I’m writing a dissertation on this.

Thanks.
[Reply]
JakeF 07:30 PM 11-21-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I think you underestimate the vision and patience needed on interior runs.
You're probably right. So his best runs are what, when he can use his small stature to get leverage? What do you think?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:31 PM 11-21-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
CEH was a first round pick and Darrell was an udfa. Big difference. If CEH was a fourth or fifth round pick people wouldn’t complain as much.
No, they still would. Chief Fan is simply dumb AF. He decides something and sticks with it, no matter how stupid it is.
[Reply]
JakeF 07:33 PM 11-21-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AshamedPoliticalHalcyon-size_restricted.gif

The dumbest thing you'll read all day.
blah,blah,blah .. you say the same shit every fucking day. If it's not me, it's someone else.

You get your rocks off by attacking other people on the board.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:34 PM 11-21-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Yes I do. I'm still excited about what he can do for our season and post season.

He may not always have great games but when you pick 32nd and ask your Super Bowl MVP who you like to draft and thats who you get. I still expect big games out of CEH as long as he can stay healthy. The only problem I forsee is durability. He is going have some big games like he had against Buffalo last year.

Oh Lord.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:36 PM 11-21-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
blah,blah,blah .. you say the same shit every ****ing day. If it's not me, it's someone else.

You get your rocks off by attacking other people on the board.
What should people say about really stupid football takes?
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:36 PM 11-21-2021
I think you underestimate the vision and patience needed on interior runs. Just because it didn't look like there wasn't any doesn't mean it wasn't there. CEB is the best back on this roster and its not particularly close but DW serves his purpose on short yardage situations...where Id argue that vision/reading blocks is LESS important and relying on sheer power is more applicable.
CEH is the best back on this roster but that isn't a compliment. Is there a worse position group than RB's? I can't think of one
[Reply]
JakeF 07:38 PM 11-21-2021
I think you underestimate the vision and patience needed on interior runs. Just because it didn't look like there wasn't any doesn't mean it wasn't there. CEB is the best back on this roster and its not particularly close but DW serves his purpose on short yardage situations...where Id argue that vision/reading blocks is LESS important and relying on sheer power is more applicable.
In fact, now that we are talking about it, it seems like the further his runs got away from the center, the worst they got. He seems to be a RB that doesn't like running sweeps etc. I bet he would be better at running behind the OTs if we take away the angles by pitching the ball in an offset I formation. Then he can run forward but still be outside the guards.

Running parallel to the LOS is not his thing.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:41 PM 11-21-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Yes. But then again some of us were screaming at the TV for Taylor when we drafted CEH. I just can't get over it. Gonna need to I suppose.

Just going to have to get over Jonathan Taylor in the Pro Bowl every year & getting MVP votes. We can settle watching CEH run for 4 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
JakeF 07:46 PM 11-21-2021
What should people say about really stupid football takes?
The problem, you think every football take you don't agree with is stupid.

CEH had another good game, for him. He's still not dangerous and constantly leaves yards on the field. We ran him behind Wylie a few times today and he left 20 yards on the field, easy. He didn't read the cut, couldn't make up his mind, and ran right into the back of someone(wylie?) twice.

Do you think he's still learning? Normally the RB position is instinctive, if CEH is still learning then he shouldn't have been selective in the 1st round.

When we run him like a power back, straight up the middle, he's seems the most comfortable. Not sure why that would be, doesn't make sense.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:49 PM 11-21-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
The problem, you think every football take you don't agree with is stupid.

CEH had another good game, for him. He's still not dangerous and constantly leaves yards on the field. We ran him behind Wylie a few times today and he left 20 yards on the field, easy. He didn't read the cut, couldn't make up his mind, and ran right into the back of someone(wylie?) twice.

Do you think he's still learning? Normally the RB position is instinctive, if CEH is still learning then he shouldn't have been selective in the 1st round.

When we run him like a power back, straight up the middle, he's seems the most comfortable. Not sure why that would be, doesn't make sense.
He averaged 5.3 yards per rush today, just above his 4.7 ypc average on the season, which likely puts him in the top 15 in the NFL. WTF, exactly, are you looking for/expecting? Honestly, give me some numbers.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:54 PM 11-21-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Then what does that make Williams?

CEH was 7th in rushing before going down and came back and had a good game. You guys are just completely irrational at this point.

I said nothing about Williams. Williams being slow doesn’t make CEH good. CEH best quality is that he’s better than Williams. How awesome.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:55 PM 11-21-2021
Touting CEH ypc is like bragging about Alex Smith’s TD:Int ratio.
[Reply]
JakeF 07:55 PM 11-21-2021
He averaged 5.3 yards per rush today, just above his 4.7 ypc average on the season, which likely puts him in the top 15 in the NFL. WTF, exactly, are you looking for/expecting? Honestly, give me some numbers.
Stats can deceive, a good Oline can give a guy stats. I'm looking for a guy who takes all the yards that a run provides. The more yards a RB can squeeze out of his runs, the better his is. A RB can lose yardage and still have a good run. It's not the stats, it's how he squeezes out all the yards he can get.
[Reply]
TEX 07:57 PM 11-21-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Touting CEH ypc is like bragging about Alex Smith’s TD:Int ratio.
Pretty much this.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:59 PM 11-21-2021
No, they still would. Chief Fan is simply dumb AF. He decides something and sticks with it, no matter how stupid it is.

They wouldn’t complain as much because CEH wouldn’t play as much if he was drafted much lower.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 80
« First < 192526272829 303132333979 > Last »
Up