ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 151 of 352
« First < 51101141147148149150151 152153154155161201251 > Last »
Hall of Classics>***** Official '21/'22 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 07:32 AM 06-28-2021
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:29 PM 03-13-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Honestly a pretty good draw for KU other than the potential R32 matchup against SDSU. They are one of the best defensive teams in the country, are very physical, and are definitely underseeded at 8.
If they can’t beat that team, there ain’t a chance in hell of making the final 4 this year, little own a championship.

We will have to beat at least 2 legitimate teams on neutral courts to get there. An under talented but scrappy team had better not give us any issues this year. We have played a lot of scrappy defensive teams this year with way more talent than that team.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:37 PM 03-13-2022
Easy bracket for KU going to the final 4
[Reply]
Lzen 06:39 PM 03-13-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
:-)

Nothing is ever easy
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:39 PM 03-13-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
If they can’t beat that team, there ain’t a chance in hell of making the final 4 this year, little own a championship.

We will have to beat at least 2 legitimate teams on neutral courts to get there. An under talented but scrappy team had better not give us any issues this year. We have played a lot of scrappy defensive teams this year with way more talent than that team.
I mean that’s not really the way this works. The 2010 team was by far the best team in the country but caught a bad draw in R2 with an exceedingly slow defensive team and played an even worse game and they were out. It happens in single elimination format to even the best of them. And it could easily happen to this version of KU too (which is far worse than 2010).

KU is going to beat SDSU about 7 or 8 times out of 10 but next weekend might not be one of this times. Anyway, we are getting ahead of ourselves. No guarantee KU or SDSU make it there.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:40 PM 03-13-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Yeah but they play fast, cant defend, have no rim protector. Not a team that really gives us problems.
Ok... :-). Who knows, I hope if we do play the Kansaa players are overlooking Iowa as well. Iowa has given everyone problems the last 2 months as they have figured it out offensively and defensively against multiple styles. Kansas obviously would be the favorite, but Iowa by far is the best 5 seed in any of the brackets.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:40 PM 03-13-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Agreed. If they don’t make the FF then I’m becoming a Nebrasketball fan
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:08 PM 03-13-2022
We're the late night game on Thursday (latest as possible actually at 9:57ET). Works for me as I can't take any days off this week.
[Reply]
DJay23 07:31 PM 03-13-2022
We're the late night game on Thursday (latest as possible actually at 9:57ET). Works for me as I can't take any days off this week.
Remember 2012? We played in the last possible time slot in every single round all the way to the title game. It was a very sleepy few weeks at work.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:42 PM 03-13-2022
I mean that’s not really the way this works. The 2010 team was by far the best team in the country but caught a bad draw in R2 with an exceedingly slow defensive team and played an even worse game and they were out. It happens in single elimination format to even the best of them. And it could easily happen to this version of KU too (which is far worse than 2010).

KU is going to beat SDSU about 7 or 8 times out of 10 but next weekend might not be one of this times. Anyway, we are getting ahead of ourselves. No guarantee KU or SDSU make it there.
I know it’s a single elimination game. Any given Sunday applies to all sports and especially in this tourney. Teams overlook others. Have bad days and you’re going home. But, that wasn’t my point.

I don’t remember playing this many scrappy in your face physical defensive teams in one year. I think this team, this year can handle that upset minded team better than previous years. Also if Harris/Braun/Wilson are having a bad shooting game, Remy can come in and spark them.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:55 PM 03-13-2022
I mean that’s not really the way this works. The 2010 team was by far the best team in the country but .
Where did you read that?
[Reply]
sedated 08:00 PM 03-13-2022
Apparently everyone on earth has Iowa going to the E8
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:10 PM 03-13-2022
Originally Posted by sedated:
Apparently everyone on earth has Iowa going to the E8
I'd be curious to know if any team that's lost to Rutgers has ever gone to the E8... much less 48-46.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:23 PM 03-13-2022
Originally Posted by DJay23:
Remember 2012? We played in the last possible time slot in every single round all the way to the title game. It was a very sleepy few weeks at work.
Life is too short to wake up before 10 or 11am.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:29 PM 03-13-2022
Originally Posted by DJay23:
That was such an excruciating run, yet satisfying in that it was relatively unexpected... those games against Purdue and NC State and OSU probably took years off my life, then there was such a great win against UNC.

By the time they got to the NC game against a team who's bench probably would have come in 2nd in the SEC behind their starters, all I could do was crack open a bomber of Boulevard Bourbon Barrel Quad and hope for a miracle.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:46 PM 03-13-2022

Yeah that team was loaded. I remember how Thomas Robinson and Jeff Withey could barely even get minutes behind the Morris Twins and Aldrich. Absolutely stacked front court.
[Reply]
Page 151 of 352
« First < 51101141147148149150151 152153154155161201251 > Last »
Up