ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 14
< 12 345612 > Last »
Media Center>Thor: Love and Thunder
sully1983 07:53 AM 04-23-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
In before:

OMG!!! Marvel is woke now with a female Thor!!!

and

Marvel is garbage. I don't know why anyone likes this crap. /Sully1983 and BWillie
:-)

Sorry not sorry that I have been critical of the MCU's safe/boring formulaic assemble line crap that Kevin Feige has been shoveling out to the masses for years now.

Seeing Natalie Portman catching Thor's hammer was cringe worthy as hell but I'm happy it got you hyped!:-)

As another poster pointed out in this thread, Thor has been reduced to a slap stick comedy version of himself. Almost like a parody of the character. Fat Thor in Endgame sealed it for me. Like damn that was so fucking stupid its not even funny. But Marvel mouth breathers loved it of course.

Also the MCU has no problem getting A list / award winning actors to play their villains which is nice. Its just a shame that they make them so forgettable for the most part. 2 time Oscar winner Cate Blanchett was such a forgettable villain in Thor Fragglerock or whatever the fuck it was called. As was Mads Mikkelsen in Dr Strange.

I have no doubt Christian Bale's acting talent will go to waste as well in this.

Great song choice in the trailer though!:-) Big fan of Guns n Roses. I've seen them a couple times in concert and they rocked out both times:-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:13 PM 04-19-2022
That's a badass fur cloak Thor is sporting too
[Reply]
staylor26 01:37 PM 04-19-2022
Taika Waititi has my full trust after Ragnarok, which is easily a top 3 MCU movie for me.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:25 PM 04-19-2022
I can definitely understand the concerns some people have with nerfing and sidelining Thor in End Game, but he was bad-fucking-ass in Ragnarok and Infinity War. He kicked Hulk's ass, had the best entrance in any MCU movie to date, and would have killed Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet had he not been a cocky douche.

Obviously this is a no-go with Iron Man being out, but I'd love to see a no nonsense version of Thor like his encounter with Tony in Civil War. Feel free to click the link to follow the whole panel but I'll bold the important bits.

https://comicnewbies.com/2018/06/27/...ost-civil-war/

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:10 AM 04-20-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I can definitely understand the concerns some people have with nerfing and sidelining Thor in End Game, but he was bad-fucking-ass in Ragnarok and Infinity War. He kicked Hulk's ass, had the best entrance in any MCU movie to date, and would have killed Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet had he not been a cocky douche.

Obviously this is a no-go with Iron Man being out, but I'd love to see a no nonsense version of Thor like his encounter with Tony in Civil War. Feel free to click the link to follow the whole panel but I'll bold the important bits.

Spoiler!
Still could happen because of the Multiverse
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:18 AM 04-20-2022
some Thor comics are red hot rn.
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:03 AM 04-20-2022
I think it be a bad ass movie but before i saw the trailer I heard Guns N Roses song was in it and I thought it was going be something new. Kinda disappointed however they could have about picked any GNR song to fit with the movie trailer.
[Reply]
unlurking 02:56 PM 04-20-2022
Yes I needed glasses, and yes I'm on my phone, but that looks more like Kat Dennings than Natalie Portman. lol
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:25 PM 04-20-2022
Ok morons, (inner need rage building) this is going to be a truly epic movie.

A) RuneKing Thor is all but confirmed, this is Thor finally reaching Odin level power

B) Gore is a amazing anti-hero who has killed so many other gods

C) comedic Thor is great stfu
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:49 PM 04-20-2022
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Ok morons, (inner need rage building) this is going to be a truly epic movie.

A) RuneKing Thor is all but confirmed, this is Thor finally reaching Odin level power

He's going Blind Swordsmen
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:41 PM 04-21-2022
They ruined Thor with all their woke bullshit- making him a fat slob. This looks terrible.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:07 PM 04-21-2022
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
They ruined Thor with all their woke bullshit- making him a fat slob. This looks terrible.
To be fair they HAD to nerf him, otherwise he, Hulk, Captain Marvel, Dr. Strange, and Scarlet Witch would have taken out the most if not all of Thanos' forces by themselves in the final fight in Endgame.

That they're introducing Gorr the God Butcher in this movie is enough for me to throw my money at it.
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 08:27 PM 04-21-2022
How is thor suffering from depression and getting fat "woke"?
[Reply]
Rausch 03:16 PM 04-22-2022
Originally Posted by Chitownchiefsfan:
How is thor suffering from depression and getting fat "woke"?
These things all happened in the comics themselves 10 years ago. If you didn't read them you won't know. And frankly if you don't it's not worth arguing about.

The main issue is the quality of writing has dropped of dramatically in the last 10-20 years. There are 50 years of wonderful writing (that's probably not true, probably 20 years) that the film makers could be pulling from.

But they don't. It would be like pulling from some of the worst Simpson's episodes and making a movie about that. If you really love the SImpsons that would piss you off.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:39 PM 04-21-2022
Lol
[Reply]
Page 2 of 14
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up